EMC Community Appreciation July 2014 - Nominations Now Open!

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, Jul 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awards are deeply fascinating and extremely addictive, just ask Leonardo Di Caprio, oh wait... :p
  2. No worries, I'll just go dig him up! He's been in a coffin for so long he must be white as a ghost. He needs some sunshine anyways. Want to help?
    Faithcaster likes this.
  3. What was your comment? I may be able to answer it. I'm too lazy to go back and find it. :p
  4. My question was already answered, but thanks for trying to help anyway.
  5. This post makes you lose your chance. I am guessing you showed her the post after you showed her to the fortress. It sounds like you did this just for the nomination versus doing something kind.
    Kephras, wisepsn, tedrocker and 3 others like this.
  6. Everybody! Quick! Nominate Mr. Icecreamcow
  7. What part of " Asking people to nominate you or doing it for yourself will result in you being banned from any future appreciation rounds." don't you understand? By saying you showed her the application you are admitting that you asked her to nominate you, in response to her asking how she could repay you. Perhaps you should have thought of a different response to her question.
    Kyzoy, HurricaneHero35 and Olaf_C like this.
  8. That sentence just gave me influenza.

Here is the definition of ask:
    request (someone) to do or give something.
    Example: I would ask you to fill out this form.

Here is the definition of suggest:
    put forward for consideration.
    Example: I would suggest you fill out this form.

They are practically synonyms! It is completely wrong of you to do that. Do not be surprised if you are banned from future rounds.
    Kyzoy likes this.
  9. In these cases, yes ask and suggest are the same. Now consider a sign on a fence "do not enter" this is clearly asking you not to enter, whereas "BEWARE OF DOG" is not asking you not to enter but suggesting that you entering is best avoided.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  10. I don't see anything wrong with what you done. You helped someone, they asked you how they could thank you, you suggested a way they could thank you. I see this as a clearly different to asking for a nomination.
    There is no reason not to try and win this as the competition is for the communities most appreciated player not the communities most appreciated player who has never done anything wrong, who is loved by every single player and who bathes in ass's milk.
    mba2012 likes this.
  11. Please don't continue this, I already consider myself banned from these.
    EDIT: removed screenshot LOL
  12. This seems like a really Great Event, Thank you Krysyyjane9191. It's always good to encourage good and civil Behavior! :D I bet it must be tough tho to select a winner since so many people on this server are amazing!
  13. what if my brother nominated me? does that count? :) great job krysyy!
  14. sambish20 and hashhog3000 like this.
  15. All of the people that I could feel would merit a nomination are staff members already and there is that whole conflict of interest thingy that goes along with nominating staff members since they get to vote on the players that get honored.. :oops:
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  16. What I could recommend is finding a busy server, or the default server, and watching how some people interact with new players and their peers. Maybe even try and have a chat with them. It doesn't need to be a clear winner who you nominate, just someone who you think should be recognised. :)
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  17. hmm I forgot to read the bit about nominating yourself :/
  18. This is awesome, krysyy! :D It is going to feel great for players to nominate and observe others that are doing a great job on EMC. A next great step is to have everyone is doing a good job and helping players... regardless of an award.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  19. I know a lot of people on EMC, but sadly, I honestly can't even think of two people who I'd like to nominate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.