EMC Anvil Update / Bug Fixes - 5/20/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 20, 2015.

1. Yes it will. It will go up to 39 levels. At least that is my understanding. 39 levels takes quite a while to get now unless you have an op xp farm. Of the three farms I have used it would take 30minutes ish to get it. Would take about half that at those farms in 1.7
    BreezyMan likes this.
  2. Neato. Can't wait to see the anvil change in game, rather than read about it in school...
    BreezyMan likes this.
  3. Yay!!!! Wooot!!! Thank you so much Aikar for coming up with a solution to this. You da man!
  4. I think that's a good solution!
  5. Yes xp has changed a lot in 1.8 sad to say
    BreezyMan likes this.
  6. loving these changes aikar
    BreezyMan likes this.
  7. How do we turn in a bug or change sence this update. I had a project in which i have invested over 200 hrs 100,000 rupies and about 90 days of gaming to build only to have my project no longer work because of the change. Mama lagg has also invested about the same amount of time on this project and i dont know how much money. We have excavated a little more than 234,000 blocks. Eviltoade one of the staff is aware of our project and can testify to all the work done. Now the project is currently non functional and it has really dampened our enthusiasm because we believe that this issue may never be resolved.
  8. This is just a *little* off topic--
    So what about that Voter's Anvil?
    Unbreakable, Unplaceable (like a labor bench) and Soulbound?
    ChrisFlareon and BreezyMan like this.
  9. Voter's Anvil
    Attributes:
    • Unbreakable - Cannot break
    • Unplaceable - Cannot be placed
    • Frozen - XP costs will not rise.
    • Soulbound
    Achieved at voter's streak of 1000
    dresden72, BreezyMan and Kephras like this.
  10. This update doesn't have any big gameplay changes... what bug/change are you talking about and what effect did it have?
    L3A8 likes this.
  11. No soulbound like other voter's stuff?
    And what, streak 1000? :confused:
    I dont think aikar should make this one anvil be a boon of all anvils with the level cap...
  12. With the frozen attribute, I think it is pretty OP.

I forgot the whole soulbound deal
    BreezyMan likes this.
  13. Too op is the problem =P

Edit: just soulbound and unbreakable is op enough
  14. Not if you gotta vote for 1000 days. A well-deserved prize is in my brain.
    dresden72 likes this.
  15. I'm with SteamingFire, the "frozen" attribute you suggest would be massively OP. On the other paw, a streak of 1000 is around 2.75 years of voting, which does call for something pretty exceptional.
    dresden72 and BreezyMan like this.
  16. I just want to be sure I understand things right...

Let's say I make a 'god' bow. I use it and repair it and it will cost me some levels, but won't go over 39.

But...I make a bunch of 'god' bows and slot sell them in my shop. Anyone who buys one will have a repair cost starting at 0? If so, then I might pay people to make me a set of stuff and make up for the cost by selling some heavy enchanted gear in my shop.
  17. The update ruined many farms. I know some people's wither, ender, and even slime farms broke due to update. My end farm broke but I was gonna build a 1.8 one anyways lol.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  18. Are you going to try the endermite aggro farm? If so it doesn't work on the server, Name Tags won't make them not despawn. So sad D:
  19. your kidding... D: