EMC Anvil Update / Bug Fixes - 5/20/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, May 20, 2015.

1. Because people used named Withers as griefing machines.
  2. Withers don't despawn anyway... what's special about them being renamed that could cause damage? :confused:
  3. I built a tube 15 x 4 x 3900 blocks and am placing 3900 x 4 pieces of track. The center tracks are the standard powered rail. The outside tracks are High Speed piston rails. The standard powered rail track goes about 8 blocks per second and takes about 8.5 min to travel 3900 blocks. My new rail travels that same distance in about 3 1/4 min which is about 20 blocks persecond. I had finished the center tracks and the first side of the High Speed track. It had been tested while making the track about 40 + times and the Mine cart would travel the whole distance no problem.

When I was placing the very last of the track section the server was rebooted for the update. Following the update the Mine cart would only travel about 80 blocks and then derail. Now the High speed track insted of moving us from our base back to spawn, moves us about 80 blocks then derails to the right. You are welcome to talk to Eviltoade I invited him several times to see and ride the High speed rail as Mamalagg and I were building it.

The goal at the end was to have some one video the High Speed rail and show it off on YouTube as demonstrating how playing on EMC could inspire members to do amazing things. This High Speed rail is the largest project i have ever undertaken on any Minecraft server. The supplies gathered and purchased took months to prepair for. We gathered enough supplys to produce 15,600 pieces of track, 7800 pistons, 7800 repeaters, 31,200 pieces of redstone, 7800 pieces of iron, 152,100 pieces of stone for the stone brick and pistons, along with all the diamonds we used for pick axes to dig out 234,000 pieces of nether brick to make the tube.
    607 likes this.
  4. what are high speed piston rails?
  5. I need to know how to do this.....
  6. I can show you. Is there a way we can meet some time on smp2. I am located in the Pacific time zone. Work days after 5pm and week ends are free.
  7. Could you just send a screenshot in PM. I am not on regularly in the slightest.
    I ask to see if it helps find the odd behavior
    607 likes this.
  8. I can take screen shots but what is PM? and how to i up load it to you?
  9. imgur is the best way...
    607 likes this.
  10. 607 likes this.
  11. Minecraft has a screenshot system:

1. While playing hit "F2" at an area you want captured
    2. Hit ESC-> Options-> Resource Packs->Open resource pack folder
    3. In the adress bar for file explorer click on: ".minecraft"
    4. You will now see a folder called "screenshots"
    5. Go to imgur.com and upload file
    6. Drag the screenshot from screenshots folder and upload to imgur
    7. post the link to the screenshot in thread.
    607 and PenguinDJ like this.
  12. Or send coordinate location to me a private conversation on the site, and I can just look at it in game
    607 likes this.
  13. ok sent cordnates in direct chat let me know that you got them.
  14. I take back what I said about enchanting and repairing.
    I've merely gone back to my pre-EMC ways--use and abuse until they break, they make new ones and start again. It's kinda fun.

You get used to luxury fast, but used to peasantry much faster.
    607 likes this.