Dragon Tombs - Where are they?

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Not near spawn....see dragon update thread for details...
  2. Really far out? Hmm, okay, that would nerf the simplicity of exporting goods to town but the grief protection would still be present.
    And what if I obtained enough dragon eggs to be able to make a lava wall surrounding the outskirts of the distance requirement you speak of?
  3. Then I'm guessing that we wouldn't all be too pleased.
    mba2012, penfoldex and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. Its ok, take your time. :)
  5. In that case...
  6. I wouldn't, I don't do nasty things just because there's nothing to stop me. At least not any more. :)
    JackBiggin likes this.
  7. Completely relevant :)
  8. You've just made my day... =D
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. If such a thing were plausible, we would come to that issue once it presented itself, like it did in the past...
    72Volt, mba2012 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  10. Can I ask then;

Why are we advertising Dragon Tombs on the MC Vote websites?

I wouldn't like to think we're saying we have something, which we clearly don't.
  11. It's more of a thing to build hype and new people can see that it is most definitely in progress. We wouldn't have it if we didn't know for SURE it wasn't coming. Though maybe I can make some temp banners until we're closer.
  12. As for the last couple posts I've posted, this is the same.

Yey :D
  13. Question? for those that have an egg and can claim land - is it basically a 'first come, first serve' on claiming land - or would it be like the factions thing where you can overlap someone else's land? ... not meaning this to purposely claim someone else's land ... but just saying if we'll get a message popping up on our screen or not.
  14. That sounds like a good plan. I'm just wary of people perhaps looking for that, not finding it and maybe some damage being done to the EMC reputation.

Plenty of other servers out there willing to dig themselves into a hole. We're better off being the ones kicking the dirt on their heads instead of jumping in with them. :)
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  15. First come first serve. Land claims don't overlap. Outposts and such already in the wild will be monitored and only be allowed to be claimed by the owners (Expecting that we will just unclaim them if someone illegitimate comes along thinking they will claim the outpost).
  16. For a bit, I was afraid this died. Nice to know why its taking so long.
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  17. I like it as a mass exavation tool, though.
  18. I asked/said the same thing.

He uses Ubuntu. :p

Aww Volt, they were prepared for you :(. Back to the drawing board!
    L0tad, Equinox_Boss and Aikar like this.
  19. I wouldn't expect drastic changes.
    But I think it is a very good development.
    There were some voices recently about "EMC not being focused on the wilderness" (but it is MC SMP) and "being less focused on the economy in the future" (despite of having a community that evolved (and is) interwoven with economy). With the opportunities there we will see what the community wants to focus on.

Hehe ;)
    But I don't think an army of Aikars can prevail over the political and economical nature of humans. :)

Are you sure one would be able to take XP out of the "tomb?"
    Even if, getting perhaps level 90 during an event that lasts few hours is nothing in comparison with good grinders.
    So again, I wouldn't expect big change.

A very natural development in the EMC community :)

LOL :D

Naturally :D
    72Volt likes this.
  20. That's one thing that I've never thought about for wild outposts, I presume that once some land is claimed, the owner will then be able to give build perms to others, sort of like a second res?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.