Dragon Tombs - Where are they?

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Alright, enough being off topic, from this point no more discussion about post counts EMC's Greatness vs. other servers, EMC's Age vs. Other Servers or the available Forum/Site software.
    _Stads_ likes this.
  2. Ok sorry SMOOCH.

If I have missed this im sorry, but how big will the radius be from placing the egg?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. To bring it back on topic - i'll bump my question as the most recent post :)

For instance: If you already start a group and go into the tomb ... and someone's internet was occasionally bad that day or got disconnected - would they be kicked out of the tomb? or would everyone proceed and the disconnected person when he/she reconnects would be farther behind in the tomb than them and still be allowed to play - and everyone else would still be able to play until the dragon was killed or if everyone left? Perhaps giving the disconnected player a chance to catch up?
    mba2012 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  4. Trick question. It'll be a square. :p idk
    penfoldex, _Stads_ and nfell2009 like this.
  5. Okay I'll agree with you, EMC cannot be the "best" Minecraft server... However you should have thought of a better server to compare EMC too as they have entirely different goals as well as opinions on how Minecraft should be played.

When you bring up that other server it does highlight some very important things to consider when saying a server is the "best". There is no way of choosing the best server because "best" is a matter of opinion, obviously your opinion is that you enjoy yourself more on the other server than you do on EMC and that is why you say it is the best... You cannot judge a server by which one is best, you can judge server based on statistics found on voting sites and the server's site itself (if it has one); these statistic could include:
    Popularity; how many players have been playing on it int he past week or so or how many votes this server has received (bribery)
    Uptime; uptime is not considered necessarily a good thing, I'm not saying that you should go and play on a server with like 10% uptime but the more reboots due to bug fixes and such will bring a server's uptime down... A brand new server that hasn't been rebooted yet will have an uptime of 100% but who knows they may have TONS of downtime as they go on...
    Existing time: You could perhaps say this server has been more maintained because it's been around for longer but you don't have to be old to be good, EMC is certainly not the oldest server (perhaps KribKraft is) but yet it is maintained to a very high standard...

I do not want to fight back against your opinion as everyone is entitled to their opinion I'm just trying to point out that you can't fight against someone else's opinion. I'm also saying that I did make a mistake when I said "And this kids is why EMC is by far the best server and one of the most long lived servers..." I should have said something like "In my opinion EMC is the best Minecraft server" because best is someone's opinion not necessarily reality. Please do not take away from someone's opinion again :)
  6. Nope has to be either a cube or a rectangular prism :p
    mba2012 likes this.
  7. ummm, sorry I don't click over to other pages before posting :/ So uh I didn't see you post this... Delete the following snipped post if you find it necessary ;) I was simply replying to my alert :D
  8. Actually based on your stats there SoulPunisher wins...
  9. What is this supporter secret?
    _Stads_ and Equinox_Boss like this.
  10. Now i feel better :) I do agree with you, sometimes i get a little defensive when it comes to MCSG :p Im sorry.
    _Stads_ likes this.
  11. You really want to go there? You may be only able to trace them back to April 17 or 15th whatever. But MCSG was at first a 24 slot (1 server) community that had the survival games plugin. Then it got big around April or so, so your wrong I'm right

-thanks
  12. MCSG is Minecraft Survival Games, 24 slot servers with all the TeamVariede maps (Sg1-5) along with other community entitled maps. All it is a pvp hunger games servers (about 70 servers)
  13. There is really no need to be like that, he was only putting his putting his point across.
    Smooch has already asked for these posts to end, so the ones you have made (and probably this one) will more than likely get deleted.
    nfell2009 likes this.
  14. Let me remind you that you can be banned for what you do on the forums.. so be careful.
    _Stads_ and mba2012 like this.
  15. You are starting to get a bit rude here. We have evidence to show a date and to say EMC has been around longer, where is your evidence to show MCSG has been around longer?
  16. if u hav a plot of land in the wild do u hav fall damage and hunger damage??
  17. 1. Can the end portals be claimed (region around them)?
    2. What if people claim things that aren't theirs. What if they claim things that they wish they had except that I built those things?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. I realize I may doing something that shouldn't be done here (by bumping a very old thread from over a year ago)
    But, as the title says Where are they? I know Aikar is coding on a lot of different things, but, the last "Dragon Tomb Update" Happened, was when the original dragon egg owners got their extra 19 eggs. Just a bit curious, and worrisome, because it is basically Dragon Tomb's Anniversary date that is coming up soon. Now, if you would rather me to delete this post, or bring it into another thread, I will do so. But, I would have thought this thread to be stickied >.>
    I'm preparing for the wild bump comments now...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. The "Groups" update about a month ago was part of the Dragon Tomb update. Groups are going to be a required feature to go into the tombs. Our current MAJOR project is our tutorial/signup process overhaul. We're guessing this should take a couple/few weeks with Justin/Aikar working on it together. This is important as a very LARGE portion of new players aren't even making it to see EMC without getting frustrated and leaving (this due to some of the changes Mojang made to verification stuff with accounts.)

After this is done, Aikar is back on Dragon Tombs. They aren't quite ready just yet...but we're getting close to the final stages of them.

Also, to save you from your Wild bump comments, wild updates come after dragon tombs, as dragon tombs stuff (eggs) will be used in that. :)
  20. Well...
    Okay Then. :D
    jkjkjk182 and mba2012 like this.