Dragon Tombs - Where are they?

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2012.

1. There again...

And you live on SMP4? And you try to control us but we put you down!
  2. note the word hypothetical.
  3. Um get your facts right, i have been playing MCSG since 2011
  4. I'll presume for the sake of example that the servers started when the first map was created. Here's the little bit of info for that submission on Planet Minecraft (the original source for the map):

1.PNG
    2.PNG
    8 months ago was 2012, not 2011. If you were somehow playing it before the map was created, then I'd love to hear how. Also, if I remember rightly, the servers took off after the movie was released. That was around March 2012.

Just for the record of anyone curious, that PMC account is run by Team Vareide, the same people that run the MCSG offical servers. I don't think there'll be much of a more accurate number than what's shown there.

EDIT: I've just checked the first account on their website too (the equivalent to JustinGuy on EMC) - you have to make this account when you setup the site. Here's it's info including join date:
    3.PNG
    _Stads_, mba2012, SthenosX and 3 others like this.
  5. I have never played MCSG, I dont play on either. When I have EMC I dont need anything else, maybe the occasional visit to other servers when im bored or something but other than that I wont be leaving.

And your the only person I have ever seen say another server is better. Ask anyone on EMC and they will say its better than other servers and maybe I will check that server out and just see how it is compared to EMC.
  6. Can't wait for this update.... I might get back into Minecraft if it is epic. ( P.S. that is why I am still supporter cause I love this server not for the perks... hope this update is worth the wait! )
  7. I did a quick background check on mcsg - it has only been around since april 15th ... Both emc and mcsg have the exact same website style, format, and forum layouts - only difference is the members list and the fact mcsg is a game 'only' based around survival and pvp - where as emc is based around building and getting supplies to build.

Please don't come on here and dis emc if you prefer mcsg - we aren't going on mcsg's forums and dissing them.

and as i stated about the date of the owners: mcsg's was april 15th 2012 ... emc's was july 26th 2011 (not to mention emc was around before it was emc and it was 'the krib' ... please don't come on here and tell people to get facts straight - if your facts aren't straight their ownself

-thanks.
    mba2012, nfell2009 and Jeanzl2000 like this.
  8. That is xenforo. A lot of sites use it now. It has become synonymous with 'Quick and Professional' as well as easy to integrate with your own features and such, making it quick to customize. Its like the more professional 300 dollar version of WordPress. Just about any Minecraft site that wants to 'look' professional is going to use it, just because it looks nice :p.
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. Mrowr

And I was about to do that! Yes EMC and MCSG only have the same layout etc because they use XenForo, just EMC paid the little extra to remove the XenForo link from the bottom of the page, and Other servers like New Liberty use the same (Its not advertising I have given no IP's just a name)
  10. Throws my keyboard at iSMOOCH!
  11. ...aaaannnndd this is why you're "highest posting*member"...

*spamming
  12. XenForo - I was looking forever to what the style was ... Since i'm using my money right now on schooling cause i'll be starting college next month ... I just got me a free one - I think it's called webege :) (maybe i should try it out some time when i don't have other things to pay for) ... but do I have to pay a recurring fee or a one time thing?

hehe - you saw my kitty :p
    mba2012 and nfell2009 like this.
  13. You must understand that people who play EMC a lot think Emc is the best server. :)
    mba2012 and nfell2009 like this.
  14. Ok, I tried to keep into 1 post, but I had to quote SMOOCH and I dont know if it gives an alert, if you edit in a quote. If you want to see someone who does that just look out for _Stads_ he cant keep to 1 post, to save his life
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  15. Lolz. I think you do get an alert tho ;)
  16. http://xenforo.com/purchase/ for all of your information needs. You would need a website to host it on. They help you set everything up. Also, if you want a 'free' competitor (not sure if it is as popular as when I was a younger forum crawler) but phpBB was the knee's bees a decade and less ago... so you could always look that up. They offer the same sort of 'Integration' support, and you get alot of the functionality for free, the only thing that costs money is the brand removal (or used to). This is of course, speculation after years of seeing my last independent phpBB board.
  17. bees knees*
  18. no, i did not have a typo, i meant to flip them. Do not correct things that were not wrong. because Bees do not have Knees, and Knees do not have Bees, so both are nonsensical, and can mean the same thing.
    _Stads_ and mba2012 like this.
  19. The whole convention that being a high-posting member is an accolade of some sort is flawed for this reason.
    Nfell, your like-to-post ratio is 0.32.
    In comparison, JackBiggin's is 1.84, mines is 0.65 (and this is Mr. Let's Grief The Wild With Lava Walls who has twice your ratio), and the other highest posting members have ratios as follows:

ILikeAPig: 0.58
    AlexChance: 0.63
    MrLegitIsLegit: 0.91
    JustinGuy: 1.30
    SoulPunisher: 0.66
    Dwight5273: 1.20
    SecretAznEks [gone]: 0.71
    PandasEatRamen: 1.60
    Marknaaijer: 0.65
    Stads: 0.53
    ISMOOCH: 1.27

So, as we can see, Pandas wins, for having the highest ratio out of the highest posters, hence demonstrating she is the most regular poster who creates the highest quality forum content.

Quoting so she knows.
    chickeneer and mba2012 like this.
  20. The lower the better :)