Dragon Tombs - Where are they?

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2012.

1. If you can claim territories with Dragon Egg's will you be able to allow other players such as friends to build / enter this territory?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. Sick mind.. :eek:
  3. /home/aikar/projects/emc/plugins/EmpireDragonTomb/pom.xml
  4. Thanks for the coords :p
    /sarcasm
    mba2012 likes this.
  5. It should act like a res.
  6. The Most important responses to me were the ones highlighted in red. :p
    Thank you for leaking out important info to ME and EVERYONE ELSE Bigdaive
    EDIT: Oh you may want to double check 11.
  7. He only leaked information that had already been leaked earlier in this thread.
  8. This is why EMC is 1 year old, still up, still wealthy in players, and has a great team of staff working on fun features for us players. Our player count may have dropped, but when an event happens we can get a full server.
    By the background you mean on square, Stage, and coding little bits with Aikar?

Remember that he has a daughter to tend to (who, by the way, is almost a year old! :) ) and moved a few months ago. Babies and moving can be stressful...but trust me he'll be back soon :)
    mba2012 likes this.
  9. My reasoning would be simply a lasting impression upon the environment - ie, a well established mining outpost. There's a good distance between 'locked chest', 'mining hole' and 'self-sufficient mining den', regardless of the distance from Spawn - 3k or 5k, as long as it's away from prying eyes and has been well-contained for a long period of time, the limit to the protective limit of the DE should be, in my opinion (and also of those in a similar situation), exempt for certain subjects. If there were a possibility to safeguard said areas, I'd like the higher-ups to take these places into consideration. It's been a while since I posted that so obviously my original train of thought has disappeared but still.
    Also, reading back I'd like to thank jkjkjk182 for his wonderful feedback.
  10. Welcome to the internet. :)
    mba2012 and WeirdManaico like this.
  11. LOL! xD so true
  12. Idk if this has been answered, but I have a question.

If you already start a group and go into the tomb ... and someone's internet was occasionally bad that day or got disconnected - would they be kicked out of the tomb? or would everyone proceed and the disconnected person would be farther behind in the tomb than them - and would still play until the dragon was killed or if everyone left?
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. No it is not the ''best'', it is very very well run but it is not the best and the longest. MCSG is the best and has been open longer.
  14. ..time for some awkward silence!
  15. I really cant wait for this, but I will need loads xD
  16. At least get your facts right... the furthest I can track MCSG back is to April 17, 2012... EMC existed in 2011...

Plus they're completely different types of servers. Of course EMC isn't going to be the best PvP server - which I guess if the type of play style you enjoy.
    _Stads_, mba2012, Jcplugs and 3 others like this.
  17. how much will you charge?
  18. MCSG in no way counts. It is a 'Matchmaking' server. Yes, they have a well maintained bunch of machines, custom coded and quickly updated. They also make a lot of money. But thats because people really enjoy killing one another, and enjoy being better at doing so for 5 dollars even more. BUT, they are not a running server. Their maps reset upon match end. They have no greifing maintenance, their uptime can simply be accredited to preloaded maps, that never change, as well as a server reset upon match completion. You are comparing Apples to Oranges here. I am not going to say we are the 'best' (even though I may believe it), but as far as a Community Centered, Survival Based Server (Not Survival Games) you will not find a harder working staff and more dedicated dev team. Also, I could not find an exact date for MCSG, but I am almost certain EMC is older. I know MCSG took off in popularity due to the Hunger Games, were they around before then though? Because we were.

At any rate. Im just going to go ahead and say it. We are the best TRUE Minecraft server. I will never ever call MCSG True minecraft. As you do not craft. You do not Mine. You just run around, open some chests, run around some more, and kill some people in between. Dont get me wrong, its fun. But its not Minecraft. MCSG just basically used minecraft as a base for creating their own COD like bunch of games.

Throws keyboard at ninja jack
    shaunwhite1982, _Stads_ and mba2012 like this.
  19. In a hypothetical circumstance, I would most likely charge enough to make some money while at the same time maintaining control over SMP5's resources.
  20. Love the end bit :') And your right. Minecraft Isn't that what your meant to do?

Thats what other server's try to do, focus of other games, i.e. Hunger Games, CoD, and just PvP. While EMC focuses on the main elements of Minecraft, and how everyone can enjoy it and PvP etc will be coming, patience is a virtue
    _Stads_ and mba2012 like this.