Dentures

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BreezyMan, Jan 27, 2020.

?

Take care of you teeth early in life.

Poll closed Feb 3, 2020.
Yes 5 vote(s) 62.5%
Banana 3 vote(s) 37.5%
  1. Pfff, maybe consider putting the scary edited pictures in a spoiler. :p
    BreezyMan likes this.
  2. I took your advice and the message reads better without the big picture gaps. Thanks 607, I didn't even think of the spoilers.
    607 likes this.
  3. Fruit or Berry Smoothies! Just to add another food group.

and my :love: :<3: Easy Pumpkin soup recipe:

2 cans 15/16 oz. pumpkin puree (usually used for pumpkin pie)
    2 cans chicken broth/ 1 carton of broth - should equal the pumpkin amount roughly if you make broth
    1 can coconut milk or use canned milk of choice

To the pumpkin, stir in broth slowly and then stir in the milk slowly. Can put into container (try a pitcher ;)) and warm individual bowls. Add salt, cinnamon, nutmeg to taste, with a touch of onion... you could even go savory with the spices if you want - garlic, rosemary, italian seasoning, etc.
    Halving the recipe is fine - the only issue is the half can of coconut milk, but you might be able to find small cartons with lids in the Chinese foods area of grocery.

Best of luck.
    BreezyMan, UltiPig and Raaynn like this.
  4. Just an update on the progress toward getting dentures.

In February I had 3 appointments spread out. The first I had the rest of my top teeth removed. The second I had the rest of my bottom teeth removed. The third turned main out to be clean up. As the swelling started to come down with my tongue I felt rough or sharp spots in several teeth holes. My dentist, she cleaned (drilled) out the areas and smoothed everything out.

It's been a few weeks since then. Gums are healing every well and not one dry socket through this whole thing. I am able to gum more soft foods like baked chicken and salmon and stuff like that. I gnawed at a piece of fried pork chop the other day and it felt good doing that with my gums. I think I need to go to the store and pick up a baby teething ring or something like that. :rofl: :lmao:

My next appointment is April 16th to get molded for my dentures. However, at this point, I may postpone that appointment depending on the viral outbreak right now. I have mixed feeling on that one tight now. Yes. I know they have gloves on and all when treating you but I'll just see where RL is nearer to that date.

Anyway... I wanted to follow up on my story bring y'all up to date. Thanks for listening. If ya got any advice let me know.

Edit: I'm going on 54... From my reading lately The higher age percentage of people getting dentures now-a-day is between the ages of 25-40 now from the reading I have been doing.
  5. Really? So young? Is that due to unusual deviations, then? ('deviation' might not be the right word, I mean medical issues that some people have due to a variation in their genes)
  6. I didn't look into reasons really when I was making the decision on getting dentures. I was just looking into age statistics.
    FadedMartian and Raaynn like this.
  7. Glad things are moving forward seƱor viento. Hope you are back with us more soon. 0/
    FadedMartian and BreezyMan like this.
  8. I will be soon. RL got nuts along with work and I been busy. Even though I been working at home for the past week I've had the least time right now to do anything. Things are calming down. Things are in place now and working. Now I get to start to relax.

On the gum side they are doing great. I can gum my way through a ham and cheese sandwich now and had the lasagna classico with the meat sauce from Olive garden yesterday so anything I can eat like that now is better than mash tatoes and gravy alone or soft eggs and cheese and similar recipes from the advice given in the above comments. Gums don't hurt no more. Just tender at times in places. I am aiming at being able to eat corn on the corn with my gums before April 16th when I go get molded for my dentures. :p
  9. It's hard to imagine how that would work, for me! At the same time I'd rather not look up a video of someone eating so. :p I'm glad you can do it! Also, you wrote "corn on the corn". :rolleyes:
  10. Hehe. I saw I wrote corn on the corn instead of cob now. Thanks for pointing that out 607. :p On the other hand... This past weekend I ate a medium rare rib-eye steak that I cooked with corn on the cob. It tasted fantastic after all this time and yes... I ate it all with still, just my gums. :eek:

It'll surprise you what you can do if you set your mind to it. I had my mind set on steak and corn on the cob cause my son about age 5-6 had his four front teeth gone both top and bottom and he could kill some corn on the cob. I set that as a marker for myself when I was having my teeth out and before I get my dentures. Achievement acquired. :)

I get my mouth molded on the 16th for my permanent dentures. I skipped the step of having temp dentures. Why? 2 reasons. Cost of having 2 sets made in a 5 year period with Blue Cross and I already knew a human that could gnaw through a corn on the cob with gums. :confused: :p
  11. OK. Another update in my quest for dentures. I was all set to go into the dentist's office tomorrow to get a mold done for my teeth as gaggy as it is. They called me today. Reschedule me to May the 12th. They said that they can't do routine work unless it is an emergency. Thank yoy COVID-19. I am on week 5 working from home being able to exactly what I actually do from home. Anyway, teeth are on hold right now but I am not having any issues with gumming though my food now that they are healed. I just talk with a lisp with no teeth right now. My speech is slurred without teeth. I hate talking during Teams meeting cause of that. lol. Gonna get them soon but from a FB dentures group that I joined, the way you talk differs again when you get your teeth. Well that is the update. More to follow. :eek:
    607, luckycordel and MoreMoople like this.
  12. Glad you're doing alright! Hopefully your appointment won't be rescheduled again. Very happy to see that you're still able to eat a wide variety of delicious stuff. ;)
    luckycordel, 607 and BreezyMan like this.
  13. Thanks and I am. Gums are actually stronger than you think and you body does adapt itself physiologically to being able to eat stuff ya wouldn't think you could. I did research and it can be disputed but I know what I can do and outside of a tough dry pork chop there hasn't been anything that I can eat now with just my gums. a little different with things like toast that get crunchy though. Other than that. It just requires more chewing. :p
  14. And I get fuller quick cause it take me longer than 20 minutes to eat a meal. Look it up. Yea. Get your teeth ripped out for your diet. LOL. :confused:
  15. Haha.. gg breezy. But I think I'll skip the diet plan.
    Hope to catch you ingame soon.
  16. I think you mean't "can't eat now". :p Otherwise I would be very concerned. :rofl: :lmao:
    BreezyMan and luckycordel like this.
  17. Comes back fit as a fiddle :D
    BreezyMan likes this.
  18. Wow Breezy, thats harsh, as I have got older I tend to have needed rout extraction and filling thats made going to the dentis worse for me, so I try avoid. I will be thinking of you and hope you cope with this.
    BreezyMan and 607 like this.
  19. I should ask, have you been able to eat your favorite foods, but slower? (I assume rapid chewing on some foods could cause major issues.)
    BreezyMan and 607 like this.
  20. I can eat just about anything I want to now with just my gums. I didn't know you can do that. Tough dry food is hard to eat. I don't have an issue with waiting another month for my teeth. And apparently it is another learning experience of eating with dentures teeth according to people on the a denture Facebook group I joined. Yea. Their are support groups for everything on FaceBook. :p
    607 likes this.