Dentures

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BreezyMan, Jan 27, 2020.

?

Take care of you teeth early in life.

Poll closed Feb 3, 2020.
Yes 5 vote(s) 62.5%
Banana 3 vote(s) 37.5%
  1. I'm currently learn care, maintenance and how to keep them in my face through the support group before I even get them. We talk poly grip and all those other denture things. Weird Eh? :p
    luckycordel, 607 and Fadeddd like this.
  2. Now I have a question, without any teeth, how do you maintain oral hygiene with your gums? I'm curious about that. :)
    BreezyMan likes this.
  3. I did salt water rinses and rub it around my gums before we weren't allowed to touch our faces. :p I also used an Orajel mouth rinse which had some numbing stuff in it when my gums were still sore. I just rinse with mouth wash now in the morning for my gums. I use mint listerine. Burns the gums as it normally did before I had my teeth out. lol. :confused:
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  4. OK. I haven't been around for a bit cause life has been hectic here. My dentist rescheduled my appt for my dental molds twice. The first time cause covid was new and they couldn't do nothing but emergencies. They rescheduled me but the second time they had to reschedule me cause they didn't get their PPE in yet.

Finally I got in today for my appt but it was weird. Note on the door... "Wait in your car and call us, someone will come out and take your temperature and have paperwork for you to fill out." Basically. Paperwork was legalese for initial all these spot so you don't hold us accountable if you get covid while being treated for a non-emergency appt. Ya, whatever.

The molds were weird too. They were made from the molds I had done my last visit and now to refine them down to what I found out was 3 more appts.

1st... Wax molds of gums fittings comes in and they fit them in me and melt away areas till they fit and come together properly. Also, I asked if my teeth were gonna look like white Chiclets in my face and she said "No." I guess I get to pick out a teeth shade/color sorta like picking paint out for your walls. LOL. :p

2nd... Wax molds with teeth come in and they align them and straighten them to my mouth for an even bite. :D

3rd... My dentures come in. :confused:

At least with having teeth in my mouth I won't have this lisp anymore. I sound like I'm slurring my words most of the time now without teeth in my mouth. especially anything with S's in it. Again. LOL. :rofl: :lmao:

Other than that I been eating corn on the cob, Medium rare ribeye steak (cut thinly against the grain). Smoked a pork butt and had steaks and pulled pork out of that one and I made my first smoked brisket this past weekend (10 hours of smoking it). It was good.

The only things I can't really eat right now it crunchy stuff... Nuts, chips or Doritos kinds of things and crunchy vegatables. Not sure exactly how I'm able to get through a corn on the cob but I do. :eek:

Anyway, That is my Denture journey update to y'all.

Breezy
  5. Soft bristle brush and mouthwash right now. :)

Not to sure on the denture care yet. js.
  6. Love it. :D When one of my parents would go to the construction store, I'd go to the paint department and just look at all the different colours until we had to go home. :D Maybe sky blue teeth would look good? :rolleyes:
    BreezyMan and Temperhyture like this.
  7. I was talking with my co-workers in Microsoft Teams chat and the following are some of their recommendations. :p

New Gold Grill

For eating steak

Multi-Color LED teeth

:D
    Raaynn, luckycordel and MoreMoople like this.
  8. Ah man! Gotta go for the shark teeth mate. Good for steaks and just a smile if ya wanna be left alone.

"Oh the shark has pretty teeth dear.."
    MoreMoople likes this.