[DEBATE] PVP servers and shop updates

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Herbrin3, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Sneeker I was using us all as examples lol. I dunno how you'd react, just stating what I have seen in PvP games.

As am I, that's why I just posted the
    nerone94 and hayleycolgan like this.
  2. Well, if you interpreted my post, I would have just been all chill. Chhhhhhiiiiiiillllll
  3. Im all for it, I HATE the goons that scream "EMC IS VANILLLLAAA!111!!!" every time a new thing is suggested
    oidgod, nerone94, IcecreamCow and 2 others like this.
  4. Please stop saying this as it's simply not true. We asked the community and created the shop system 100% around the suggestions made. It's LITERALLY not the same shop system we proposed. Those who are complaining about it at this point are doing it to create issues that simply don't exist.
  5. Refusing to progress is the quickest way for a server to die. Who cares if you don't like PvP? This isn't about you. It's about the good of the community. If they never add anything to change things up ever, then there is no point in running a server as people will stop coming here. Other servers progress and change, as EMC should.

Nobody cares if you want pvp or not. It's coming. You don't need to play it, because I am positive it will be optional. They aren't forcing it on you.
    Twitch1 and IcecreamCow like this.
  6. The idea that people will get confused to me is completely silly. That's like going to a mall and feeling you HAVE TO EAT inside every single store simply because they have a food court there. The building HAS a place for food, so that means I must eat everywhere in that building? Come on now. :p
    Twitch1 likes this.
  7. Challenge accepted.
    Maxarias, sneeker134 and hayleycolgan like this.
  8. I agree with this, and well.. I don't mean to be rude Rob but.. didn't you leave? :/
  9. Will there be supporter perks for the pvp server?
  10. The only reason you guys changed your original idea was because of all the bickering it caused.

That still does not account for you forcing it upon us whilst simultaneously stating that we do not have to use it.

Don't put words into my mouth saying that I am only trying to cause issues, that's very rude and disrespectful, especially coming from someone of your power.

You will get criticism no matter what you propose/do, it's life. You need to learn to accept that and work with the criticism to provide a better atmosphere on EMC.
    mtp1997 likes this.
  11. I agree with everything that Herbrin3 has said, I oppose Pvp. Even if it's entirely separate it still creates an uneasy atmosphere amongst other players. For example say I kill someone on Pvp and later that day when we're both playing on one of the smp's the player I killed starts giving me abuse. It happens in all Pvp servers, everyone shouts and curses at each other. Although the Pvp server is separate, the whole atmosphere of Pvp will not be separate.

I have to say I don't remember any staff member ever asking "Should we have a Pvp server?" and the general response been positive. If there is an official thread like that please point me to it. I honestly don't think the community was ever officially asked. If we were then my bad.
    roblikescake likes this.
  12. That's the exact issue here. The staff are not realizing that everything has a bad outcome, and some players are able to see the worst of the outcome more clearly than others. Rather than accepting the criticism, they choose to say we don't have to use the proposed systems/ideas they give us, yet don't realize whatsoever that we are forced upon it in some way.
    mtp1997, TerryDaTerrorist and Daffy22 like this.
  13. I think that's what we like to call "listening to the community". The thing you've been saying they haven't done. A completely reworked system to meet more of the community's demand.

EMC cannot meet the demands of every single player. As much as they'd like to make everyone happy, they can't. It's life. You need to learn to accept that and work with that criticism to provide a better atmosphere on EMC by helping improve the system they have proposed and not shooting down every new idea that you believe will harm the community.
  14. I have seen several threads stating why people would like EMC to have a PVP arena, including some which talked of an old arena back in the day. There was also one which was several pages long that had MANY great points discussed in it. I understand where you are coming from when you talk about the abuse transferring to the SMP servers. I believe Aikar is working to combat that by developing a server type that would mean no one's nameplates would show up. Hence there being no association with who-killed-who. Also, there will be the same moderation and rules as there is on the SMP servers. Swearing, caps, etc will be a bannable offense and I am guessing that the report system will function also.
  15. DINGDINGDING! Nobody seems to get this, they just want to bash everything :/

Edit: I'm usually against stuff but I'm for the PvP coming, that means more for people to do besides spam chat with "plz kum to mai shop i need ruppessszzz!!" I have hardly seen a thread posted about changes without a bunch of NOPENOPENOPEEFFYOUNOPENOPE in it on here. I'd rather EMC add things to help keep people than to just be the same old thing and people get bored.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  16. If they want to meet the demands of every player how come we were never officially asked about this idea? The new shop system thing was planned well, they initially proposed an idea to the community and let them change/tweak it to how they want it. This whole concept of Pvp was all done behind closed doors without even asking the community.
    roblikescake likes this.
  17. I know there have been a number of threads from people asking for Pvp but how is a couple of people posting threads going to get a wider picture of what everyone wants? I don't tend to post/vote in these unofficial threads simply because I expect that any ideas like this will always be put to the community first.
    roblikescake likes this.
  18. With all the threads posted about wanting PvP I doubt they felt the need to ask. They used to have PvP from what I understand, so basically they're just adding back what they had but putting it in it's own server. I don't get why people 1. Have an issue with change. 2. Seem to have an issue when the mods listen as everyone whines they don't do, and add in things people want.

This is coming out just like the stuff with Wild resets, one side vs the other and nothing but bashing one another because they don't agree.
  19. So if people start posting lots of threads about wanting Creative mode in town on EMC, that automatically qualifies the idea as a must have for EMC without realizing the dangerous outcomes it can cause without bothering to ask the community before saying you're going to do it anyways?
    mtp1997 and Daffy22 like this.
  20. I think you are incorrect there. Although there hasn't been an OFFICIAL thread yet, there has been several discussions.
    Here's one I found: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/emc-needs-pvp.9852/
    And a post by Rob: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/emc-needs-pvp.9852/page-2#post-142037
    This one Rob liked the OP. Could be about the prison aspect though: http://empireminecraft.com/threads/uh-oh-another-pvp-thread.11056/

^

Well, I highly doubt that they are going to just launch the PVP server and say "have at it". I think Aikar/ICC will set out the proposal like the shop update and ask for input.