[DEBATE] PVP servers and shop updates

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Herbrin3, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I don't want to be seen as just opposing everything the staff say I just think that something as big as this would of had an official thread were everyone could vote/discuss the matter. This does just seem to of been thrown upon us without even asking us.
    roblikescake likes this.
  2. Don't be silly. PVP arenas were once a part of EMC, and you already know that this one will be completely separate from the SMP servers. PVP isn't "dangerous" like creative, and the team know the boundaries of what can and can't safely be done on the server.

3. Do you people have nothing better to do than argue about a feature thats not out yet? kids in the playground chucking rocks at each other...
  4. *Aikar Edit: Removed false information *
    I've never understood the problem with reselling unless you are stocking a loss leader (selling a popular item at a loss in the hope that customers buy an other item which has a good profit).
    From quite early in the discussion, may have been there from the start, there has been option to opt out.

Anyway this thread is about PvP. I don't do PvP, I have the reactions of a brick and would be easy pickings. I will have a few shots of the PvP server. I know there is more than just PvP here, tactics and strategy plays a big role which is more appealing to me. I may end up being a convert.
    hayleycolgan likes this.
  5. Too late then though. What if 90% of people vote against it? Would Aikar and ICC's time of been wasted? No they will implement it anyway. It's like me getting you a strawberry ice cream and then asking you what flavour you want. It just makes more sense to ask first then do.
    roblikescake likes this.
  6. Because I was simply helping to support the OP's ideas in those threads you can sit there and tell me what my opinion is on a certain subject?

Apparently if you like a post that says pie is good and here's how you get it on EMC, that automatically means you are all for it.

I could have like the post for a personal reason, or because I liked the way they proposed the idea, etc.
  7. Now you're just trying to start an argument.
    They will not just go ahead and implement it anyway.
  8. I'd take the ice cream. Doesn't mean I'll eat it. Maybe I'll ask for you to add some chocolate sauce and a napkin so it doesn't drip on my hand, and then I'll be happy. Yes, I can fight analogy with analogy.
    Introduce PVP idea -> Listen to feedback on proposed idea -> Tweak/alter to meet community feedback -> Launch.
    PandasEatRamen and Daffy22 like this.
  9. Or..
    Research what community wants -> Propose idea -> Listen to feedback on proposed idea -> Tweak/alter to meet community feedback -> Launch
    mtp1997, Herbrin3 and roblikescake like this.
  10. You just contradicted your own statement now. I said that everyone is having the fees upon them, and you tried to say that is not true, yet stated a perfect example of how you are still affected by them. If someone owns a shop and does not like the system, yet a consumer buys from them via the commands, the shop owner is given a fee taken out of the transaction.

Not all people are against reselling, but those who do are quite overboard with it, which is one of the problems with this system. Person A resells from Person B's shop. Person B gets mad and bans Person A from Person B's shop. Person A gets mad and makes a complaint thread. Person B bashes on Person A in the thread for reselling. The amount of threads about reselling would drastically increase if you're making it easier to do so.

No, we don't have an option to opt out of the system. Direct quote from Aikar:
    Now you're just putting words into my mouth.

You cannot start an argument that's already been started by others. I'm simply stating my opinion on an opinion based topic.
    mtp1997 and Daffy22 like this.
  11. When they did the survey suppose there were so many people who said PvP they decided to implement it? I just remembered the survey.
  12. Well, I think you'll find their initial research was reading all the posts asking for PVP to come back. There was plenty of community discussion in all of those threads for them to have a basis to begin with.
  13. I want arenas.
  14. They're talking about making an entire PvP Server or servers. Who knows, after this thread they'll probably never add anything new ever. :/
  15. You are a liar rob you said you are leaving, you have not left. I am disappointed
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  16. Basis. Begin with.
  17. They didn't out right say "Would you like to see pvp as a feature on EMC?".
  18. No but there was a box that had you input something. What I'm saying is what if enough people put in that box that they wanted PvP?