[DEBATE] PVP servers and shop updates

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Herbrin3, Aug 11, 2012.

1. I'm 100% for the wild updates...and I've always been for Town over Wild. You guys just need to learn that we're going to expand to provide the EMC community to a wider range of people. You can either welcome that or not, but it's going to happen regardless. Any issues that come from what we're going to introduce will happen only if you bring them upon yourself by inventing them.
    MoeMacZap and zulu9 like this.
  2. I'm 100% for PVP, Wild Updates/Protections, and anything Aikar wants to program!! Come on guys, it's the future of EMC we're looking towards! ICC said it himself, these things will be great for EMC and help it grow! You'll never know until you try.
    migueldemesa and hayleycolgan like this.
  3. Can we please stop all these EMC politics. If I was a mod I'd ban anyone who typed to me in that tone. Guess thats why I'm not a mod...
    EDIT: Temp ban of course though
    oidgod likes this.
  4. Ban?! I thought you were Batman! Batman would know better...

Anyway, I'm all for PVP, but only if it was in the way it was in my topic, I think all the other PVP threads were deleted or closed....:(
  5. Ok guys, ICC has given me the go ahead to write up a summary on the current PVP Server ideas. So look forward to that soon, but note, this is to be AFTER The Wilderness and shop updates, which is why we were holding off on the thread, but due to all the discussion and suggestions now, we will post about it.
  6. If this was directed towards me I was being totally legitimate. :( People are so mean sometimes.
  7. Haha notice my edit sorry, I would temp ban. I punish, but i will not become an executioner. Off topic sorry. On topic: I would like some form of pvp on a different server.
  8. Unfortuanltly herbrin you are ONE player out of over 40,000 of us. They are alot more players that wont this then those who dont. Majority rules.
  9. Majority rules! I learned that in my history book and it works really well! :)
  10. No I've seen it everywhere, and I don't mean to be offensive. It's not really you though. :)
  11. Oh, yay! Thanks!
  12. Is it okay if I re-post my PVP theory/idea on to this thread?
  13. I think so! Doesn't say you can't in the rules! Hopefully there's not some hidden rule or something.
  14. ORGANIZED PVP
    Some of you may ask, "What is organized PVP?". Well, simply put, imagine any recent team based FPS you have played. That's it. There is a plug-in already designed for this called War, but Empire codes their own, but just pointing out that this idea has been done before. Many game types could be created.
    The classic Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, Control Points/Domination (TF2/CoD), and Assault/Demolition (Halo/CoD). This would allow for a different experience then most PVP servers, and also bring in players with a different mindset (Team-based). Now some may ask, "How exactly does that fix the 'You killed me!' problem?". I suppose a plug-in could be coded to hide the names of your enemies, so that instead of seeing TheoreticalPlayer, you'd see ENEMY.
    Hijaxk and pat2011 like this.
  15. I'm all for the pvp cause as of right now I have to go to a whole nother community just to pvp, but with these updates I can just stay with the community I know, also I think it will bring in a lot of people.
  16. Funny.... haha..

One of the tidbits of the first PVP server is players will be disguised as monsters, for the sole purpose of hiding the playername!

Well, this wasn't for the same political reason as you stated, but more so for the increased privacy of not having your nameplate show on the other side of a wall, and other evil ideas I am ready to throw at you guys ;)

I'm drafting up the PVP thread now. - I think i'ma take the staff one and clean it up and narrow it down slightly, and leave in the full juicy details.
    hayleycolgan and SparerToaster like this.
  17. Could you include my Guild in the post? :D
  18. I like to take all that text and say something instead... Hrm...Whats the word... OH YEA! TEAMS! :p
  19. I've been waiting a long time for EMC to get all of Vanilla in its system!
  20. No, not set teams, like matchmaking.