Cupid's in Town & Improvements - 2/14/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 14, 2016.

1. A like to collect a lot of promos then I usually have people come buy some for rupees
  2. is there anywhere to purchase more cupid arrows? i want a lot of them.. lol
    can there be a store slot for those as well? or is there already?
  3. Yeah! Can we buy more arrows?
  4. damn thats done with my horse breeding
    PetuniaFigtree likes this.
  5. great update. ;)Thanks for all the hard work. :)
    Patr1cV and crystaldragon13 like this.
  6. Thanks for the update aikar :). sad i can't use it this valentines day because in on a trip :p. hope its still out on the 16-17th :D Happy Valentines Day everyone!
    We3_Nub_ likes this.
  7. awesome cant wait to try it thanks
  8. Alright time for massive carrot and gold farms :p
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  9. Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  10. Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  11. Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  12. Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  13. Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  14. Awesome! Without EMC's community, we wouldn't have had this update from our developers. Keep up the good work! :)
    ShelLuser, Sgt_Pepper4 and tuqueque like this.
  15. Love is in there air(literally flying in arrows)
    Sgt_Pepper4 likes this.
  16. Yep everything that the bow was is no more...

Aikar, is there a particular reason you didn't just make new bows like "Valentine's Bow" enchanted with the unbreakable attribute. Then the old ones could at least still be used for breeding. I get the sentiment of making promos that we can enjoy, but this almost feels like rights infringement. "I'm walking into your house and changing your promo because I own this server".

Personally I don't think any released items should be changed unless a glitch is being fixed. Improvements are in the eye of the beholder, and creating different items allows for a diverse market. After all, this is an economy server.

Oh and I wanted to note one last thing. Hoarding promos is the same as hording anything. The Horde is a store that sits on mounds of items and waits for market changes to potentially bump the profits. It is willing to buy your items and wait as long as needed to make returns. So the goal to remove promo hording or promo related greed will ultimately just close off a route of making money that once existed. It doesn't fight hording or greed, and certainly wont protect kids from being swindled by bullies (Though I personally have seen promos selling for very fair amounts these days so yay for the honesty!).

P.S. - I love the idea for the revamp even if it sounds like I don't. I just think it should be a new promo.
  17. never said i wanted to stop it, but the fact that people looked at it as damaged goods.

we dont need 2 bow that do the same thing, and even before the bow was pretty op for horse who need enchanted apple/carrots...

might bring the effect back on non horses with a delay between breeding to be like 4 per hour or so
    AnonReturns, ShelLuser and HxCami10 like this.
  18. I am 100% behind this new bow. I am also 100% lost as to what cupid's arrows actually do... Besides "be shiny".
    PenguinDJ and AnonReturns like this.
  19. they force you to dodge while noobs try to hit you with hearts
    Patr1cV and ShelLuser like this.
  20. Not that I hoard or anything but my promos just end up in my vault because I don't really have a need to use them, and I don't believe in giving stuff away really.. I mean I have made over 1mil in rupees from just playing the game, not from buying and selling rare items, in fact, I have given away more rare items than I have ever sold.. There is something rewarding about making rupees from mining your way into riches rather than grinding on mob grinding machines. And while it is to be expected, I am actually honestly surprised that someone has actually found the limit to vault pages though I wonder what someone could do with 13,770 possible item slots.. xD ..I mean how much time would it take to dig up 881,280 blocks of dirt..?
    ShelLuser likes this.