Cupid's in Town & Improvements - 2/14/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Feb 14, 2016.

1. I can't believe someone has 255 vaults. What does one do with so many vaults? :eek:
    DeathPunchKitty likes this.
  2. Who has 255 vaults? o_o
    Dufne likes this.
  3. Muhahaha...
  4. No idea, but Aikar had to apparently put a limit because of 'the one player who did this.' XD
    Jinkers likes this.
  5. Aikar did not put a limit. Vaults are stored in 8bit meaning a maximum of 256. Hitting 256 now triggers the new script.
    607 and RainbowChin like this.
  6. Wish I had that many vaults lol. Yes, promo durability value depletion and eventual total loss does make them seem like treasures and rarely used. Glad to see another promo I can go crazy with. :)
  7. That person spent 2.5 million rupees on vouchers? Dang.
    Jinkers likes this.
  8. What to do with my 200+ vouchers.
    ThaKloned likes this.
  9. Oh yeah XD you've been buying like crazy too. I think there's a stable and a few vaults waiting for you on smp8 if my brief analysis of my rupee history is right. :)
  10. I love it! Thanks Aikar. I always collect my promos, (okay, I confess! I hoard everything!) But never being able to use the promo so it stays "mint" is not as fun as shooting arrows at everyone in sight ;)
  11. Ok, so this update of the Cupid Bows are supposed to make people want to use them more often? Now, I understand that Infinite on a love-making bow would definitely be too OP, but still, taking away that feature basically ruins the whole purpose of using it outside of Valentine's Day. If you want it to be used a lot, but not OP, a good idea would be taking away the infinite, and allowing players to use Shiny Arrows as well as Cupid Arrows. This will allow people to use them all year, and maintain the function without becoming OP. I know it's too late for you to fix it so soon, but just an idea for next year.
  12. The love mode has never been the main feature. Just a side perk.

The cost of an arrow is not enough to offset the cost of a golden apple/carrot needed for horse breeding.

But, even in old form it was still OP for horses, but least it had a cost.

But the bows purpose is to spread hearts. So yes people are already using them more often.

You can love outside VDay.
  13. Thank you! Happy Valentine's Day everyone ;)
  14. Happy Valentines Day everyone ^_^ <3

Kind of sad that I can't use Cupid's bows for breeding now ;-; Ah well, I'll just keep spreading the love ;)
    Dufne and FDNY21 like this.
  15. Yay, now I have more bows to shoot at Nony ;) <3

Happy Valentine's all!
  16. Great update! Good work!
  17. I really love this and the reasoning behind it, but there will always be players who will value a freely obtainable promo as something you can eventually exchange for rupees ;)

But that's not my main point: at some point the bow stopped working all together. This could have been a glitch but my friend DoubleCakes also confirmed it at that time. It happened a few months ago (was last year) where we may or may not have been teasing Aya a little bit (no comments :D).

Bottom line: it didn't work. We could shoot each other but no go, hitting animals would get the expected results. So there was a little more going on there, which I assume is now fixed again :)

And thanks a bunch for the cool promo's!
  18. Wow, now the old bows would be worth a lot more, thanks @!k@®!
  19. Now you point that out I wish I hadn't shot all three of my new bows...
    I'll buy a new one.
    EDIT: Bought two.
  20. True, but still... Investing in promo's and trying to make money from them is almost like playing the stock market. You can get a pretty good idea what is going to happen and usually also predict how things are going to work out. But there can (and usually will!) always be moments when unexpected things happen; which make your stocks (or promo's in this case) lose some of their value.

And of course also the opposite can (and sometimes does!) happen; where a promo (or a stock) suddenly gains a lot more value.

Edit:

Small insiders tip: Next year (2017) is going to be very interesting because there will be quite a few promos released (read: sold), amongst which the 100k armor set ;) I heard some people nearly stuffed their whole timecapsule full with them.

And there's another classic example: my friend and me almost went broke from buying one single set together which we dumped into a timecapsule as well. One vs. many; it's probably not going to be easy to make money from it, but its also not totally impossible either.

IMO same applies to the cupid bow right now. And there's another thing to consider: to my knowledge (haven't checked yet) its still priced at 10k, same as last year, so you won't actually be losing any money. You can win back your investment easily.

And that's a luxury you often don't have on the stock market ;)