[CONTEST] Wallpaper Contest Winners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, May 6, 2014.

1. Killa did this one:

I submitted this one (The idea was good, should have worked on it more though):
    sonicol1 likes this.
  2. #MahPigPowerz

#ImageFail, so I put it at the bottom. :p

Attached Files:

sonicol1 and Ultimamaxx like this.
  3. Nice job everyone, I'll use a few of these in the future :p
  4. Why call him out on what he did or how he did it? He was creative and and built something by hand then took a very nice screenshot of it with some visual improving mods. He had to come up with the idea and what he wanted to do, then find the perfect location to build it. I think his wallpaper is wonderful, and I can see he put some time and thought into making it.

As a side note though, it's just as easy to demote your work. Example? All you did is hit F2 a bunch of times and dump it all into a website like - http://www.easymoza.com/ - which generates a mosaic based off another main image. There is no creativity here, it's a ton of screenshots of stuff other people built and made, dumped into a website and hit the 'go' button and you got yourself a wallpaper.

There is no reason to talk down on others submissions, it solves nothing. It does however prove Krysyy's point though, that it was a good idea to get a 3rd party to vote on them because people like you would have made it unfair, by down-talking others submissions.

Back on topic though; Congratulations to the winners, I look forward to the next one for some more sweet wallpapers. :)
  5. First of all, stop trying to bring this back up cause the discussion already ended hours before your post. At first, I used a website to make one. It had a limit of 999 screenshots when I had 2,000. It also took a VERY long time to upload the screenshots so I just closed the browser. I didn't use a website (therefore your argument is invalid) to make a mosaic and the logo was very pixelated before I edited it.. I had to edit the logo pixel by pixel which took a while. When you do that, it's like replying to a week-old thread discussing a bug that has already been fixed. And I wouldn't have talked down on other people's submissions because it's rude. Like you. :) lol
    SoulPunisher and Luckygreenbird like this.
  6. Guys, please play nice...
  7. That's what I'm trying to do lol :p
    Luckygreenbird likes this.
  8. You don't find that condescending at all? You obviously said you were a better designer than him. You used a cliche art style that was popular maybe half a decade ago if not more. You sat here for the entire contest buying sympathy by making it seem like what you had done was original and creative when in reality it wasn't. Now I am not being rude or trying to cause anything but the fact that we all should be using this contest to learn about new styles and see some of the creative side of the members we play with should be the real point. For example, I spent "X" amount of hours rendering my logo etc but I personally think AlexChance's is amazing because it was done in a minimalist style which I am a super huge fan of. You seem to have lost the idea that this was a fun contest and let it get the better of you. So before you try and say that you weren't rude, take a step back and reread your old posts.

#EndRant
  9. I didn't read your whole post cause you're just trying to keep this going lol this ended three days ago
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  10. Well if you didn't start being RUDE to other people's wallpapers, and just cheer them up for their amazing work nothing would of being said, you also did a good job in your wallpaper and you're right this has ended already so continuing it is just a lost battle, but next time think about what you're going to say, because others have feelings too.

Sorry for continuing this fight. Congratz to the winners.
  11. While you do have a point, the argument ended a few days ago now and has since died. Don't stir it up again, we don't need it here anymore xD
    Jake_bagby and Ultimamaxx like this.
  12. WOW, just WOW. You guys made such awesome wallpapers, it's just amazing :O
    Downloaded nearly all and use them as my computer wallpaper :D
  13. I'd use these, but my friends make fun of me for playing minecraft :pP (Most of my friends are rednecks (im a high-tech one lol)
  14. Some nice looking wallpapers were submitted... and I'm honored to have gotten an honorable mention. :D

Thanks everyone for playing, and good luck in the next contest!