[CONTEST] Wallpaper Contest Winners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by Krysyy, May 6, 2014.

1. Ultimamaxx, did you ever complete your collage res type submission? I personally think, if that was entered, it would have had a good chance at winning or at least getting a prize. Just wondering if you ever finished it? :)
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  2. It got an honorable mention, earning him 20,000 rupees. :)
  3. Not that entry, I mean this WIP entry.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  4. Would you consider finishing the collage? I would literally pay rupees for it. If rupees/items is what you're looking for that is. :)
  5. I don't think these contests should be done annually. IMO, that's way too big of a gap. I'm not asking that these be monthly, but maybe have them every 3-6 months? Atleast until there's more for EMC artists to do.

Also, suggestion; we could have a writing contest too? :D 10/10 would enter.
    mba2012 and Jake_bagby like this.
  6. Totally agree, a whole year is a long time. I'd go with like every 4 months, so then 3 times a year so it doesn't get old but isn't too far away either. Could even have seasoned ones as well. :)

There has been writing contests in the past and I think it would be good to see some more.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  7. Quality isn't measured by the time you spent creating things. You shouldn't win based on the time you took to make the wallpaper. The execution matters a lot more than the concept itself. Also, people have different opinions, which is why we have more than one judge.
    You could've sent whatever you wanted. Also, try not to be rude, it's not cool.

No. They would vote for the one that looked the best and matched the theme the most. Although they would recognize the ones that required a lot of effort (which krysyy did by the way, sending 20k for those who spent a lot of time), the best looking ones would still win.
    slash14459, hashhog3000 and sonicol1 like this.
  8. I forgot to mention some things in my post and I'm not trying to be rude (it's hard to tell how someone feels through text on an online forum) :) I also tend to forget to use emoticon things
  9. Oh wow! I was not expecting to win, glad the judges liked what I made as much as I did, I was pleasantly surprised how it turned out considering my lack of experience haha. Thanks for everyone who donated, and to Krysyy for running this :D

And @Ultimamaxx, I thought your mosaic you posted on this thread looked great, sorry you didn't win but always next year. Please don't put down what I made because it look like it took less time than yours, I went through about 100 screenshots and angles to pick one I thought was worth editing, though I'm sure that's nothing to the time you put into yours.

Congrats to all the other winners and runners up!
  10. I will remind you to watch your competitive quality as it is overshadowing your good sportsmanship. To be honest, you had a very good entry. However, the judges were looking for quality as a wallpaper and the mosaic you created was not pleasing to everyone's artistic side as the scene was rather blurry when seen as a whole. Please do not take your anger out on those that did win. They put just as much time and effort into their entries as you did, even if you do not think so.
  11. Wallpaper had been yearly so far, but who knows? Maybe there are other contests in the works as we speak =P
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  12. ok krysyy & I was annoyed, not angry lol :p
  13. Thanks :D Some awesome entries from everyone. Thank you to Krysyy and all the donators :D
    Defluxer, sonicol1 and cddm95ace like this.
  14. Congrats to all who won and participated! I'm thinking if I should enter next years... time will tell :p
  15. Guess I should share my entry.
    Not as special as the others, but heh :p
    mba2012, cddm95ace, sonicol1 and 4 others like this.
  16. It's lovely Chin :p
    Here's mine:
  17. Who is left to darksuperlord? Good wallpaper though :D
    AlexChance likes this.
  18. In the last one in the OP someone copied my cake... I thought I was special...
  19. when it rained in the town :)
    PandasEatRamen likes this.