Congratulations EMC! 400k Members reached!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Alright people are wondering what I got, know this is isn't with the enchantment books because I mailed them to my alt and I don't want to bother sorting the ones I already have.

1. 194 Diamonds
    2. 192 Emeralds
    3. 64 Blocks of Coal
    4. 128 Dragon Stone Fragments
    5. 384 Bottles of enchantment
    6. 448 Blocks of TNT
    7. 16 Gapples
    8. 1 Marlix Bow
    9. 1 Cupids Bow
    10. 1 Momentus ToothPick
    11. 3 Marlix leggings
    12. 2 Marlix Boots
    13. 2 Chicken Skewers
    14. 2 Ore busters
    15. 3 Mineral Mincers
  2. There goes the price of promos :p
  3. Where did the steak go?!

For a short moment the Empire logo was replaced with a nice juicy steak, here's some confirmation. So now that it's almost dinner time I figured I'd skip all that and try to download this steak instead. Yet it seems someone steaked out the steak; its gone ;)

So who was the lucky one that got to eat it before I did? :D
    607 likes this.
  4. Those alts are also part of the 400k members that EMC has collected.
    Patr1cV, 607, UltiPig and 3 others like this.
  5. An amazingly designed town. Love it. It was fun too :). Thanks!
  6. Yea u See what everyone's got well I got!

1. Ore Buster
    2. Marlix Pants
    3. Marlin Bow
    4. Marlix Pants
    5. 2 stacks of xp
    6. 3 Stacks of tnt
    7. 3 stacks of obsidian
    8. 1 stack of diamonds
    9. Protection IV
    10. Thorns 3

I was Really happy with what I got
    This is a amazing way to celebrate
    Logan0777, StoneSky and MrsWishes like this.
  7. Since we are showing off what we got...

8. Wow
    HannahEB likes this.
  9. Wow awesome!
    I got an Ore Buster and Dragon poop and some other random things :D
    StoneSky, ThaKloned and GameBoy999 like this.
  10. Grats on 400k EMC!

I got some marlix gear, momentus toothpick, and an ore buster! :D
    StoneSky and GameBoy999 like this.
  11. Using four accounts, I got these items:

Six stacks of xp bottles
    Three protection IV-enchanted books
    Two silk touch-enchanted books
    Two projectile protection IV-enchanted books
    One sharpness V-enchanted book
    One feather falling IV-enchanted book
    One unbreaking III-enchanted book
    Three stacks of obsidian
    Two stacks of coal blocks
    Five stacks of TNT
    Eight enchanted golden apples
    One stack of diamonds
    One stack of emeralds
    One diamond horse armor
    One Momentus's Toothpick
    Two Chicken Skewers
    Two Marlix's Bows
    One Marlix Chestplate
    One pair of Marlix Boots
    One Ore Buster

I still have these from last time as well...

StoneSky, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
  12. Looking at what everybody else got, I feel like the items I got were trash.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  13. agreed!
  14. Congrats to emc on 400k!

Got myself a few new shinies as well. Thanks for the event :)
    ThaKloned likes this.
  15. Well Congrats EMC.
    Glad to see the community continues to grow and prosper.

16. I love the server. Joined thanks to DoubleCakes9001, my brother. Happy to see y'all expand your horizons! Go E.M.C.!
  17. Thanks to everyone for joining emc, and for making it the best place it can be :D
    Special shout out to Aikar, the owner of EMC (and thanks for the long-time-supporter-extra-residence thing).
  18. I feel like The best part about EMC is that everyone who is on the server gets a part in making it what it is.
    ThaKloned and AyanamiKun like this.
  19. So I had a first try at the event (splitting it two sessions, we're going to take our time :)) and it was really fun! Some things were familiar and hadn't changed much (Hi Frank!), others did.

However I have a critical comment to make. Note: positive criticism. But I do think that the mixture of items in some chests seemed a bit off. With that I'm specifically referring to (of course) the difference in item value from a single chest, even while the chest was cleverly hidden.

My friend found a hidden chest "somewhere", you couldn't even really see it, but she figured she'd click on the area anyway to try. Result was a Maxarian head. Pretty good find, but not for her because she doesn't like heads (no matter what kind of head). So I sent in my alt GripCEO and we agreed that I'd try to use the same chest so that we could trade the items. My alt pulled a mineral mincer, not bad at all!, and so we swapped. Because the chest was pretty well hidden I figured that it might be worth trying it out with my main account as well. And that resulted in an enchanted book :)

Just so were clear: I'm not complaining. However, I do wish to note that the difference between a Maxarian head, a Mineral Mincer and an enchanted book (Protection IV) is pretty steep.

And the reason I mention this is because I can well imagine that if someone were to open this cleverly hidden chest, which more or less seems to imply good loot, and then pulls out an enchanted book that this could be a little disappointing for them. Esp. because of the more difficult chest location. That's basically the main reason I mention this.

The other reason why I mention this is because this same principle (balancing out the items) was used in other (more obvious) places. At least that's my impression. In one, more moist (and more obvious) area there was a less carefully hidden chest which gave both my friend and me the exact same enchanted book: Fortune III. I had a hunch that this would happen (because of the location) and wanted to make sure (I'm curious like that) and indeed... But in that case the whole thing was IMO well on the mark, also because of the (obvious) chest location.

Once again I'd like to stress out that this is merely a comment. Obviously you can't please everyone and unfortunately you always need to be careful for players who might abuse things (I still remember the last event). But as said; I figured I should still mention it.

If you got the idea that I'm a bit negative here... Well, just wait until you read my review of the event later this week! It was a lot of fun, the builds were clever (even more!) and funny as last time, the overall mixture of items is really good IMO and its basically what Aikar mentioned in his first post: there is something for everyone.

But... Just because I have access to a (devious ;)) alt like GripCEO doesn't mean that I simply forget about all the players who only have one shot at this.
  20. You're giving away Ore Busters?!? :eek:
    I certainly didn't see that coming!! :confused: