Concordia {Established]

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Bump. :3
    72Volt likes this.
  2. I would love to join and be in the engineers guild!
    72Volt likes this.
  3. I will be publishing coords very soon! Once I get the basic shell of the palace built. :)
  4. I died and my items were splattered,has someone got em?
    72Volt likes this.
  5. If your items included a few books, yes, I have them in a chest. It's not locked though, so be sure to come out soon :)
  6. I've taken my items back:)
    The Books are for my planned Library,hope to see some feedback on my planned library(Planned site next to Concordia Mines)!
    Also,can I set up a Afrene embassy?
    EDIT: Whoever has that Dragon Stone Fragment,you should move it,it could be stolen!
    72Volt likes this.
  7. Feel free to build as you please, as long as:
    • You give plenty of room between other buildings, to allow for the construction of roads or expansions.
    • You give notice to nearby building owners (me, in your case)
    • You do not build below Y=20, which is the Mining Zone.
    FYI, we would happily welcome a library and an embassy! ^_^
    I'll move the Dragon Stone Fragment shortly. :)
  8. I've built my house,and I'm starting work on the Library!
    72Volt likes this.
  9. AlarmGoesBeep, my IRL friend, was killed by an Enderman, and was put back to spawn. He didn't want to come back, so he left his stuff to me.

Using my powers as the leader of this Established outpost, he is banned from Concordia. Numerous times, particularly tonight, he has shown an incredibly unconstructive attitude towards other members during our Skype calls, insulting them for their building ability and age among other things, and I don't want attitudes like that about.

Coordinates will be published soon! I need to add some finishing touches to the Palace, including setting up an official Corporate Storage Centre, so we can hopefully clean up some of the chests floating about around the Palace, making more room so we can publish coords. :)
    607 likes this.
  10. I'll work all morning on Concordia likely.
    72Volt likes this.
  11. TL;DR: Concordia is established, see coords below.
    We're recruiting guildmasters.
    Build something for citizenship, allowing you to participate in our Assembly and get rights!

I'd like to officially announce the launch of Concordia!

The basic elements of the Concordia Palace have been constructed, namely the National Parliamentary Assembly. Here's a screenshot of me in the Speaker's Gallery, below the two Articles of Constitution, the Charter of Freedom, and the Charter of State.

This point is essentially the central point of Concordia. Its coordinates are

X: 3689
    Z: -13865

Concordia is best reached from the North Outpost of SMP5, by boat. Here is a screenshot of the ideal path you should take.

The next order of business will be to get some new citizens. There is one requirement for citizenship; to have a house or some type of building in Concordia. Under that criteria, there are 4 citizens in Concordia.
    • 72Volt
    • AlarmGoesBeep
    • Kitten3101
    • Dee6983
    You are free to build as you please, as long as you

• leave room for roads around your house
    • leave room for your neighbours to expand
    • do not build below Y=20, the Mining Zone
    • do not build from undesirable materials (cobble, dirt, etc.)
    • do not build very tall buildings
    • do not build very large buildings near the general town area of Concordia
    • ensure mobs cannot spawn around your buildings.
    • don't build anything laggy
    Exceptions to these rules may be made as appropriate with the permission of the Concordian Corporation, of course.
    Once you have your building(s) built (and indeed, even while you're building them), you will be a Citizen of Concordia. Citizens have the following rights under the Charter of Freedom.

• the right to free speech
    • the right to build
    • the right to acquire wealth
    • the right to excel in whatever trade they practice
    Under the Charter of State, citizens may also participate in proceedings within the National Parliamentary Assembly. I will serve as Acting Speaker, and you may send forth any proposals for motions to me while I work at finding a permanent Speaker to fulfill the role.
    In the National Parliamentary Assembly, citizens may

• put forth motions
    • debate and discuss motions
    • vote on motions
    • give (or 'delegate') their votes to people they trust, to represent their views on their behalf
    Under the Charter of State, I am required to represent the democratic will of the people, and will carry out the provisions of any motion passed to the best of the ability, with the use of my powers as the leader of this Established outpost if necessary.
    From this point forward, I will also be recruiting for the following positions.

• General of the Army
    • Guildmaster of the Miners' Guild
    • Guildmaster of the Engineers' Guild
    • Guildmaster of the Couriers' Guild
    • Guildmaster of the Diplomats' Guild
    • Speaker of the National Parliamentary Assembly
    Once we have these positions filled and we have a steady source of state income, expansion will be possible, with enough money available to perhaps even create a National Dividend, a share of surplus state income paid to active citizens free of charge.
    So, without further ado, on this day, Sunday 15th June 2014, I declare Concordia OPEN!

Quoting interested people in so they know.
    607 likes this.
  12. Getting boat ready with supplies, soon be there!
    72Volt likes this.
  13. heading there now!
    72Volt likes this.
  14. Not on right now, but I might meet up with you two tomorrow :)
  15. ok cool
    72Volt likes this.
  16. There.
    72Volt likes this.
  17. made it! and i think i found a place for my house
    72Volt and Trapper777 like this.
  18. Just a thought, is there a PM going with all the members in it? We should have one.
    72Volt likes this.
  19. In the past, outpost-wide PMs have been largely ineffective as the outpost gets larger, but I can add all current Citizens into a convo later today. :)
    607 and Trapper777 like this.
  20. May I suggest for the future Guild wide PMs that would seem to be more effective
    72Volt and Trapper777 like this.