[Coming Soon] EMC Upgrading To Normal Mode

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. That or an item like "IcecreamCow's TnT of Blasting" and a special stat etc. but then people would complain it's not Vanilla xD
  2. Keep Utopia on easy, Makes no sense to make utopia (Which by definition is a peaceful place) the same as SMP's
    cnquast, 1998golfer and SoulPunisher like this.
  3. I feel that utopia should be upgraded to normal too for a main reason. It's ALWAYS day on utopia, which means mobs won't spawn.
  4. Can't wait to find out what the surprise is.
    1998golfer likes this.
  5. Well....crap. I guess more time spent mining for iron then. :D

Honestly, the one change that I'd LOVE to see (IDK if it would have to be a MC update or not) would be a reduction to the mob spawn light level. Seven is far too bright, as at that level the area LOOKS lit up, but effectively isn't. A spawn level of even 5 or below would help reduce the torch density required to light up an area. Right now, the amount of torches required to prevent mob spawning often ends up making things ugly.
  6. I think I know what you mean. I was in a cave and 2 creepers literally spawned behind me next to a torch and a lake of lava. That would help if they reduced it, especially if its going to be harder.
    1998golfer and Philovanrood like this.
  7. I can't wait for the update (even though im banned) I bet it's going to be mob drops! or maybe giant mobs, like those giant zombies! Bursting from the seams with excitment!!!!
    1998golfer likes this.
  8. Okay and now what happens when you go caving? It should be left on easy on utopia because it's utopia.
    cnquast, 1998golfer and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. Ow.
    1998golfer and 607 like this.
  10. This secret really wants to be the previously mentioned Wild portals to town. I will wet myself if it is.
  11. PLEASE don't upgrade to hard mode
    1998golfer likes this.
  12. Do not worry, I do not think that will ever happen.
    1998golfer likes this.
  13. that would make it essentially impossible to AFK in the wild (which many people do in lit up areas / safe houses), so thats not something I think is good.

Hard also might just be too hard for many of our members... So normal is a pretty good balance.

Door busting is an interesting "fear" that imo should be in normal by default, so well be switching that to make things fun.

as for utopia -- others mentioned the fairness of bringing items back to SMP. That is a pretty solid point against keeping it on easy.

light checking issues are not related to our changes -- I believe it has to do with one of Spigots changes.

also -- it is impossible for a monster to spawn right on top if you. The code simply cant allow that. The creeper must of just snuck up on you...

i assure you, if something was wrong with the code that checks if a player is nearby, the entire game would be broken in so many ways.
    1998golfer likes this.
  14. That explains why we have many public grinders.
    You could have fixed that in the latest Spigot build - you know, the one you were involved with? :p
    1998golfer, mba2012 and _Stads_ like this.
  15. I dont know for sure the bug.. :p
    1998golfer, mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  16. Normal Mode
    Yes ! Normal Mode is what I always wanted. Breaking down wooden doors, not iron doors seems fair.

Mob drops (@Aikar, ICC)
    Please make the rare drops VERY VERY VERY Rare!
    You know Notch says "Almost never is an interesting concept"
    You know drop chances of ZOD rune in Diablo 2 ? Google for "diablo 2 zod rune drop rate"
    For 50% chance it requires about 2 million kills. Translated to MC this would be 10 million experience.
    1998golfer likes this.
  17. >.> That is crazy. I think they want to make the game fun and not take away from Survival. They're not exactly trying to make the game a grindfest. A lot of people would give up after a while or people with spawners would stock up and sell the items for ungodly amounts of rupees like they do in auction houses on most MMO's
  18. It would not be fun if every Mob would drop its head at 2.5% chance.
    Its just too few usages and to many heads! All you can do with a creeper head is decoration, wear it, firework.
    Besides all items (except non-wither-heads) can be received in different ways.

Mob drop suggestion:
    I would suggest 1% chance for a random item out of all items with special rules:
    - Only creeper can drop creeperhead, only skeleton can drop skeletonhead, etc.
    - Excluded Items: Dragon egg, Beacon (probably nether star?)

This would not flood the market with special items.
    (Special items include: All kind of hostile-mob-spawn-eggs, different heads, etc.)
    1998golfer likes this.
  19. Guess we'd all better go prepare to lose a ton of Looting 3 Swords then?
    1998golfer and mba2012 like this.
  20. This is great :D Excited for this :)
    1998golfer likes this.