[Coming Soon] EMC Upgrading To Normal Mode

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by IcecreamCow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. I try to be. 99% of the time I type out something negative, I just delete it. Flying being the 1%.
  2. Time to pwn!
    1998golfer likes this.
  3. Oh poop thought of something wither will inflict the wither affect!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1998golfer likes this.
  4. Lam, you could have clicked edit and added this in to your other ;)

Haha I didn't know Withers inflict that effect, just the skeles.
    1998golfer and lameidl like this.
  5. What the optimist in me thinks:

What the pessimist in me thinks:

What the realist in me thinks will happen:
  6. I think its better in two parts.

EDIT: yes they do doh the skeles are their minions.
    1998golfer likes this.
  7. And I'm still waiting for rage posts xDD
    1998golfer and SoulPunisher like this.
  8. No! I do not want gamemode become normal!

I would never, NEVER hurt a hostile anyways!
    1998golfer likes this.
  9. Out of all the things from hard mode you choose the zombies breaking down doors? That is the worst thing about hard. But this sounds pretty legit! xD
    1998golfer likes this.
  10. I'm looking forward to it!
    1998golfer likes this.
  11. Haha it's the coolest thing to me.
    1998golfer likes this.
  12. Well then...have fun dying in the wild when collecting ores.

This should be a great update, I was finding the wild too easy until Aikar made the mobs spawn in a weird way, and they spawned in my house, right next to me, in front of me, and behind me.
    1998golfer, 607 and M4nic_M1ner like this.
  13. awsome update idea!
    1998golfer likes this.
  14. dislike
    1998golfer likes this.
  15. There is also a HUGE twist we'll be adding that will change how you see the EMC wild forever (in a good and super fun way). This is going to remain a secret until we launch it. :)
    i hope it will be random withers!
    1998golfer likes this.
  16. hmmm this sounds good....... :D
    1998golfer likes this.
  17. You can quote posts in one post and Edit your posts, there was really no need to post 4 times.
  18. Yay! Congratulations!
    Make the game harder => you make it more interesting!

If it makes the game harder and/or adds problems to solve ...
    ... and perhaps does not instantly render major investments worthless ... :)

I think that this will mostly affect three groups of characters:
    - novice players with a wooden door on a small dirt hut :) Hint: just disconnect and reconnect, repeat until the day comes ;)
    - Villagers, poor things :(
    - People in the wild that live in NPC villages or rely on NPC villages

All of them might see this as an unjust disadvantage...
    I'm not affected ... it would be good to ask them.

Well, I can imagine what villagers will say: !@#%&/)§° &4/\ §[(|<!

Yes, this is a problem, they sometimes spawn in well lit areas.

1., 2. and "excludes not so advanced players": Players can adjust how they play according to their skill. No one is forced to run across the plains in the middle of the night in underwear. :) So everyone plays the way she/he can and improves and develops.

3. There would be no problems at all with any setting or feature on Utopia (wild), if it would not be possible to take stuff you have collected there (in easy, day only mode, etc.) and sell it on other servers. This is a kind of exploitation and is awkward. In RL countries have customs to prevent that.
    Instead of complicating things, I vote for fair game for everyone, even supporters.

4. Yes, making the game harder makes it more interesting. Making it easy makes it boring.

This wouldn't work, and besides that it would be wrong thing to do.
    That would be something like allowing not so advanced players to use fly hack, x-ray etc.

Not so advanced players will improve and advance - and this is one of the most interesting things in a sandbox game.
    1998golfer likes this.
  19. It would be good if they could drop maps showing rendered areas around Tomb entrances, much like many other MMORPG's. Just a thought ;)
  20. Surprises = mob heads? :D