Clearing out the Ban Archives

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Capital punishment? Krysyy must be good at hiding corpses, this is the first I've heard of it.
  2. Don't you mean PTHagaard? :p
    Anyway, if he's getting renewed chances, he probably already got them, as he had been banned for a while already when something like this was done previously. :)
  3. I always remembered going around the old graveyard and doing /p and most were banned for very odd reasons such as "happy New Year" or "have fun".
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. What previous administration did is just as confusing to you as to me. We try to prevent that sort of ambiguity in something as serious as banning players.
  5. Mixed feeling about this. While most people do deserve a second chance, I was subject to a griefing incident just last week which took me hours to put right after getting staff's help. My 9,000 block long outpost nether rail was torn up with protected blocks deliberately placed along its length to make repairs that much more difficult. Honestly, it does bother me that someone who so recently and blatantly broke server rules gets a free pass.

Hopefully a very keen eye will be kept out for recidivism.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  6. Hoops, looks like your griefer isn't getting a free pass. They'll have to repeal to get another chance.
    607 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  7. 'Free pass' was a poor choice of words on my part. I'm of the opinion that any actions significant enough to warrant someone being banned should have a minimum time span associated with said ban. That's all.
    AncientTower likes this.
  8. Nope. Why's it so bad?
  9. People can always appeal. That has been the case for a long time. It's only the second ban that's truly permanent, until something like this happens. But this doesn't apply here: you said you were griefed a week ago. A week, surely, is much less than a year... so the player in question won't get his appeal renewed, if he's already used it.
    We3_MPO likes this.
  10. Because I hate public shaming. We are all human, we all make mistakes.
  11. I am aware of the existing appeals process. I have no idea whether this was the first incident involving the person in question.

The purpose of this thread is to announce a blanket amnesty for a certain group of longtime banned people and that's fine. Personally I have never even remotely considered engaging in any of such actions. (Illegal mods, stealing, griefing, abuse of chat, etc.) I just wanted to add a viewpoint in favor of continued enforcement of bans issued for more recent severe incidents for those people like myself who have had to deal with the results. All of this being in the hopes that a well-intentioned pardon issued by our hosts doesn't extend itself to those who may not have as of yet learned their lesson as they carefully consider each appeal.
    607 likes this.
  12. I'm just a little confused about the original post by krysyy. Tell me if I understand it correctly.

1.If you were banned 3+ years ago you will be unbanned.

2.You no longer PM staff to appeal but you now email.

3.Im confused are people getting their ban history cleared or just unbanned? Like with me being banned in the past does this make my record clean. Or is it only the case for people over 3 years. Or most likely I am completely wrong and that's not happening for anyone.

4.Also appeals have always been here so.....this is just to make sure players know how to appeal?
  13. 1. If banned 3+ years ago, the system has unbanned the account automatically.

2. We prefer using the email support system because any staff can get to it and answer for these. We aren't requiring that they go through the staff that banned them. That way you don't have the one staff member you messaged have to get it. We work as a team on these.

3. Just unbanned, if their appeal passes. The past history stays, but we're being extremely lenient in the appeal process right now. All it takes is following the instructions in the OP for what the appeal should say, and it's an easy in. If you still can't tell the truth, then that's another story and you obviously arren't one of the player that have changed and are deserving of another chance.

4. Appeals have always been here, but some appeals have been denied before. This is their chance to try again, and specifically when the staff are set in an amnesty period.
    crystaldragon13, We3_MPO, 607 and 2 others like this.
  14. I wonder will CoryLovesYou come back?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  15. oh boy
    They were last seen in november
    EmpireMall and PenguinDJ like this.
  16. For those of you saying this is a bad idea or have mixed feelings as someone who was banned just last month I have some stuff to say.

Yes its true that someone could come back just to do more harm and some people don't see how others can change but as far as I go I didn't deliberately disobey the rules, it was an accident as I didn't know the rules were there. And I know that some people are too lazy to appeal like my friend lukariobro. And just to say he wasn't someone that had only played EMC for a couple hours but had even bought 2 diamond vouchers from the store so he did play but after banned he just decided to leave.

P.s. My rule breaking wasn't as simple as not reading the rules. There are like 2 pages of comments about how I got banned and I'd rather not repeat. What I will say though is that I was going to dispute because I didn't feel like it was totally my fault but at the end of the day I did break the rules and I couldn't deny it so I just appealed and it resolved quickly.
    M4ster_M1ner likes this.
  17. Forum unbans may not be a bad idea so that they can actually see it
    ShelLuser and PetezzaDawg like this.
  18. If someone has a forum ban, then their friend (I assume) would tell them and they can follow the appropriate channels with support@empireminecraft.com in order to appeal that ban in addition to their in-game ban.
    We3_MPO, 607 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  19. We used to do this on a sports tracker I'm on. Once it got closer to the start of NFL we were going through 1,000s of these so good luck staff :D
    607 likes this.
  20. Asking for a friend, how long will a response through email take?