Clearing out the Ban Archives

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Jul 30, 2017.

1. I think that this is great opportunity! Some people might have made a dumb mistake, others might not have done so, but they have definitely been given enough time to change for the better!
    crystaldragon13 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. I'm glad EMC is doing this. I finally get to see my banned buddies back in the empire. :)
  3. I'm happy to see this happening, 3 years, even 1 year is a long time! The reasons can vary for why they were banned, but like you guys said, people grow and mature over time.
  4. same :(
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. your favorite Sean can come back
    Equinox_Boss and Dufne like this.
  6. This is a great way to give players another chance, Especially with the upcoming stuff!
    crystaldragon13, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  7. shaunwhite1982 is coming back! :eek:
  8. I wish
  9. well this is pretty exciting!
  10. Oh boy here we go...

Smp8 better get the smp8 PWU crew to prepare for this incoming barrage of previously banned griefers. Ugh.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. Are your friends griefers? The main people coming back are going to be people's friends.... Others aren't going to magically know they are unbanned, the only ones auto unbanned are 3+ years ago.

Plus, We have anti grief now.
  12. He hasn't really left. Last on 15 days ago, and I know I talked to him in game a while ago too.
  13. wait can we make disputes too
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. You're being given a chance to appeal. Take it. They didn't have to do this.
  15. chill bro. I asked a question that didn't regard you, I didn't nuke someone
    Vortixin and Equinox_Boss like this.
  16. Suggestion -
    You may want to say something regarding knowing a player was previously banned.
    It's not always wise for returning players to advertise they had been banned (i.e. announce it in town chat), or if another person "outs" them as having been previously banned. Point being, no one should get hassled over a previous ban. They're back, and they should get a fresh start same as any new player. Let their actions and words NOW speak for them, instead of their history.

If they're still a putz, they have enough rope to hang themselves. No one needs to be encouraging them to tie a noose.

Sometimes the people who have learned their lesson can turn out to be some of the best members of the community. Give them the opportunity to show their true colors :)
  17. First, this is a public forum. I can respond to your post if I want to as long as I'm within the rules. Second, I don't know why you are asking if you can dispute if you are getting a free chance to appeal. If you still feel you were wrongly banned, ok, but there is no point in trying to get unbanned another way when you getting an appeal and will probably be unbanned.
  18. There is a point, actually. Better up my square record (not like it can get much worse at this point lol). Also because if I can get a dispute approved then I get my stuff back, and I feel as if I have a perfectly valid dispute case on my hands.
    Vortixin and Equinox_Boss like this.
  19. Can you two take this away from this thread please. This thread is about other people getting another chance, no need to start arguing.

I like this idea, this was done a few years ago too (I think) and it was good for the Empire then =)
    607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  20. Good luck, I lost everything due to a glitch and didn't get it back.

EDIT: I'm done with this conversation as I have nothing left to say. If you want to rant to me about it, I have an inbox for that.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.