Bye EMC - Going to be way Less Active!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by finch_rocks_1, Dec 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Everyone

I am making this as I am not sure how Much more I can take from everything going on. There is just way too much to list, but I will try my best. Keep in mind this is not a Debate thread, Nor is it a Thread to ask for Proof or anything.

Ingame you might have noticed I have stopped my builds, and have not done anything for a few weeks. The reason is, I am not sure the Community deserves to have my builds built when many people are rude to me in many ways. I have the builds that are done still open, but I have not done any updates. The ones that are not open, I have just left as is for now. If emc Changes, then I might return to finish them, but for now they will sit there as is. And no I am not selling my reses or items. I am keeping all them.

For Outpost related stuff, Please contact me in PM for more info, and I will try my best to provide ways to deal with situations.

On the forums, It seems when ever I make a thread, people seem to not want to educate themselves, or learn before commenting and building the thread up to the point of closing it due to players not being nice on the forums.

Both on Mumble and Discord, I have been treated in ways that are only coz of my involvement and being part of the LGBTQ Community, and same goes for ingame and Forums.

I have been called some swear words [EDITED BY STAFF], and much more for being me. [EDITED BY STAFF] The comments just get worse and more and more. This is not just one day, I get it weekly and have been for years.

I have reported and for 4 years I was told it was considered a religious topic, and that they cant take any action. I was also told for 5 years that LGBTQ was a banned topic on emc, so any forums, any talk would be closed now its considered a Controversial which i think it should not be in there unless its a debate....

Had a SS even tell me that I should take my nonsense LGBTQ and go to redit, and keep it far away from emc just for making a LGBT Support thread.

I have had people talk bad and rude to be behind my back to my friends.

I am sorry, but, I have ever tried to be nice and got the stuff above received back to me. If the Community cant be nice, I cant be part of it. Yes, I know there are some people who are true supporters and Ally's, but that's like 15-20% of the people i interact online.

Maybe once the community becomes more supportive, then I will become more active again.

Also note, I am not the only one who feels this way. I know over 50 people that are part of the LGBTQ Community who have left for the stuff i stated above.

If you want to keep in touch with me, Please PM me, and I can provide you with other means on contact.
  2. Finch, as much as a friend you've been to me for quite sometime now, I don't think it's very productive to continue going around talking about how you keep going inactive, as it just creates more drama and appears to essentially just be attention seeking. I still support you and I still consider you a great friend, but I feel the need to speak out publicly against this aspect of EMC. Like I said in We3's thread, I don't support discriminatory people, but I also don't believe one should try to continue to seek attention, creating further issues.

I hope you reconsider, friend.

-Faded
  3. aLice says farewell
  4. I'll miss you here on EMC. Hopefully things get better in the future. I've tried very hard to defend you and other minorities, and I'm very disappointed in how some people have behaved. :(
  5. As a staff member, I must make a public statement regarding this situation because the statements are misleading.

You paint staff out to be a part of the problem, yet I have not seen anything obscene from any of the staff in my team. I am not going to sit idly by and allow a post such as this to make these claims without stating clearly that there has been no action because there has been no true proof of any of these claims. This does not discredit the claim, but I am simply stating the facts from the Staff side.

In addition, LGBTQ posts WERE not allowed, as in past tense. They are placed under controversial currently because whether or not a debate is asked for, the topic is extremely volitile. Turn on a news station and realize that not everyone agrees on the issue. As with political affiliations, we keep them under an area on the forums that players must choose to participate in, and I can block by request if someone is uncomfortable with seeing.

I wish you luck in finding the online community you wish to find. Take a few steps back and a few deep breaths while on your break. A new perspective seems to be just what you may need and may give you some new build ideas to bring back to the server.
  6. aLiya bids you adieu
  7. Aw no, finchy! please don't go! you are a wonderful person, and don't let anyone ever tell you differently. if you need to talk about anything, just message me. :)
    PierWorld, We3_MPO and FadedMartian like this.
  8. check his profile page, or any of the recent postings from, like, all-day. It's been a hot-topic.
    MarkelleFultz and Roslyn like this.
  9. You have inspired me to build more. Farewell.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. Just FYI, finch is a she, and this post of yours very likely offended her.
  11. her profile page is set to private
  12. it wasn't before :mad:
    synth_apparition and Alicexoxo like this.
  13. yiiiiiiikes.
  14. I know. All I want is for everyone to get along. :(
  15. I'm sure the community is just devistated that they will never be able to see a build that has been in flux for years.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.