[Build] Scream For Me

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Scream For Me
    Ghast Fishing/Shooting
    Construction Thread
    SMP8 PWU

What is this?
    A public build that will be ongoing for several weeks. The goal is to make a public ghast fishing/shooting area that's fun and easy to get to/from. This thread is for its construction.

When is this?
    Whenever I'm online :D

Where is this?
    Right off the Nether Express! The permanent entrance is not done yet. There is a temporary entrance atm. SMP8, /Wild North, due north into Nether Express through the portal. Ice boat straight. Get out of the boat at the first and only intersection. The door to the build is on your left. -500, -1260 is the approximate location of temp entrance.

What can I do to participate?
    Come on out, join the group chat, and have fun. Below is the TO DO list and the DONE list. I'll try to keep them updated and have on them what day I'll be online working on this project. Please make sure if you want to help build that I am on your friends list and that I can vouch for you in case we have to change anything in the future. Thank you!

P.S. If you come out to help build, please turn off your nether hounds. /ps, survival, minibosses and enraged settings. Thanks! We wanna build, not fight at the moment ;)

P.S.S. Discord group for Scream For Me is https://discord.gg/KdADeaz
  2. DONE SO FAR -
    Big Dig event.
    Gathering supplies.
    All digging/clearing is almost finished (it would be finished if I could count).
    Furnaces up and running to make brick. Lac also added purpur.
    Willikers moved all the supplies out of the center temp hut.
    Removed the center temporary hut.
    First floor completed.
    Second floor completed.
    Cleared rack/lava.
    3 pit/containment walls done.
    Third floor completed.
    Fourth floor completed.
    Fifth floor completed.
    JohnKid's pixel art.
    Sixth floor completed.

Many thanks to Tuq, Shy, Willikers, Rhy, Ulti, Corrupted, Lilzies, Gilixnup, Melon, LGB, BK, Chris, Sage, Jolt, Lac, Bobby, TBird, CrazyX, Ben (aka Bean), Oriethet, Elite/Pete, UsuriousCactus, DaLumpthCactus, SirTah, JohnKid, CrystalDragon13, Weeh, CatNapInn, Chris, Sadie_dog, Ace_15, Rhy, Harp, Davis, fBuilder and everyone else who has helped out! If I've missed your name here, holler at my senile tushie so I can add you please :)

Thank you everyone for participating :D
  3. Well... that's interesting, I hope I'll be notified when you do update it. ;)

Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  4. Updated! And this should notify you LOL.
    Tuqueque and 607 like this.
  5. Giving this a bump since I'll be online shortly, and normally I am NOT a morning person.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. Tuq, Shy and Willikers made some major progress :D I'll be back online tonight after dinner.
  7. To Do list is updated!
    I'll be back after work Monday and/or Tuesday night! Monday might get hectic because my son and husband are leaving for the beach, so that one is a maybe. Tuesday I'll be on after work for sure :)
    Thank you everyone for coming out and helping today :D
  8. I got bored so I did a thing:

Tuqueque, khixan and Tbird1128 like this.
  9. Lots of folks came out tonight and we had a great time :D Thank you all very much for helping!
    Tonight's victims were Shy, Lilzies, Willikers, Crazy_X_Gamer, ElfinMelon, and BenMA <3

Yesterday's victims since I forgot to write it down were Corrupted, Shy, Ben, Tuq, Gil, Lilzies, and.... I should write these things down. Holler if I forgot your name ;)

The first floor is about 60% done. Woot!
    More lava and rack is outta the way too, and many ghast heads were acquired :)
    See y'all tomorrow night I hope!
    Tuqueque, ShyguytheBanana1 and 607 like this.
  10. Had another great night, thanks to everyone who came out! <3
    I am an hour late getting off to bed, so no details this post. See you all Friday night!
    Tuqueque, 607 and UltiPig like this.
  11. A recent ghast attack that has been patched up:

Ghast does art Episode 1
  12. Here I thought you were getting all trendy with lava stairs.
    Tuqueque, ShrinkingMatt and khixan like this.
  13. Yeah khixan's girlfriends are getting creative with their spit lol
  14. The Kiln has a vast amount of netherbrick and purpur brick for use in the build. If you cannot get into the kiln to retrieve these mats msg Lacronton, Stashage, Khixan, or Corrupted.
  15. I left a dc of chorus fruit in the kiln a few days ago
  16. Thanks guys!

The nether brick and purpur start on the next floor :) And we are gonna tear through the nether brick especially, thanks all <3
    Tuqueque and Lacronton like this.
  17. Do you need more nether brick and purpur?
  18. I think we're plenty good on purpur, thank you :)
    Nether brick, we're gonna tear through starting with the next floor and the stairs. We do have 2 or 3 DCs stockpiled at PWU, and even more thanks to ppl donating the rack and Lac being the awesome furnace man :) Too soon to tell. The build does use a great deal of it. Thanks!
    I'll be back Friday night to work more on it!
    Tuqueque and Lacronton like this.
  19. *inner child giggling at title*
    to justify this comment, I think I have a DC of iron blocks you can have if you need it
    Tuqueque, khixan and ThaKloned like this.