[EVENT] Grand Opening of PWU Scream For Me

Discussion in 'Public Member Events' started by khixan, Jun 2, 2018.

1. WHAT
    The finest ghast fishing on EMC! You can shoot them instead if you like, but please feel free to join us in the hilarity that is ghast fishing.

WHEN
    Sunday 6/3 at 7pm EMC time

WHERE
    Scream For Me (S4M) on smp8. Take the Nether Express. Ice boat, or there is a rail line on the 2nd floor. (Wild North, go through the portal at spawn. You cannot miss it.)

Please join us for the grand opening of PWU's Scream For Me. We spent a year building this, and we hope you enjoy it! Many people contributed to this build :)

You should bring food, your armor/weapons, and some fishing rods.

There will be some nice prizes :)

Rhy will be cutting the "rhybbon" to open the build (near the ice boat path).
  2. Also, there may be a few special things given out, so make sure to show up ;)
    [EDIT] Welp, khixan already said that, rip me
    Show up though, fancy prizes
  3. WOO! GG 1 YEAR OF BUILDING THIS! HYPE!
    JohnKid, We3_MPO, ItsDicey and 2 others like this.
  4. Btw, the prizes are great! *hint hint*, I am quite jealous tbh... hehe
    So be sure to not miss the event!
    Image credit: Background by Endermagic, Ghast taken from Enr1 and I combined them
  5. The prizes are so not my fault. I was just gonna throw some rupees at people. PWU members went bonkers for better ones. Because they're awesome that way :D

Also, nice rework of the graphic Tuq!
    Tuqueque, FadedMartian and We3_MPO like this.
  6. So i cannot say I took part in the building of this... I prolly should check it out, but were yall just doing little chunks of work over the timeframe of a year? i bet its gigantic😂
  7. It is ginormous, as well as it was a community effort, so the build has designs from many people which help create the beauty that it is :) Hope to see you tomorrow!
  8. I will definitely be there!
    khixan and We3_MPO like this.
  9. I will make an attempt at attending this fine event in which murder is acceptable because its self defense and it's okay to murder if its self defense.com
    khixan and Tuqueque like this.
  10. Wow! That's awesome. I remember way back when ghasts were a regular problem during the Nether Rail Project. We trapped one for a while and then slaughtered it. :p Nice work.
  11. Can't wait to see it all finished, it looked awesome a few months ago.. I'm sure sure it's even more dazzling now.
  12. Thanks Tower :)
    AncientTower likes this.
  13. I should be there unless something comes up :)
  14. This sounds awesome! I'm not really interested in events & prizes myself, but this definitely sounds like something I don't want to miss :)

It's almost 7PM here so that means 6 or so more hours to go. Should probably work out :)
    khixan, Tbird1128 and Tuqueque like this.
  15. The event begins in 2 hours and 20 mins!

Edit: 1 hour and 30 mins!
    khixan, We3_MPO and Tbird1128 like this.
  16. I'll be watching from the sideline as my forward key seems to be not as functional as I want it to be.. Plus I'll be eating Pizza from Pizza Hut and enjoying watching others take first cracks at the Ghasts..
    We3_MPO and JohnKid like this.
  17. expect to see me
    khixan and We3_MPO like this.
  18. this sounds like a FISHY thing... ugh why
    khixan, SliceOfRhyBread and We3_MPO like this.
  19. Huge thanks to everyone who showed up, along with everyone who helped build the farm! Congrats to 2True4u, Sadie_dog, purplebook163, and megmewX for winning the giveaways! We hope you guys will enjoy using the farm! :)
    Also the spawn rates at the opening were practically nonexistent because of the amount of people there, rates will be significantly better if you head out there on your own
  20. Hi, everyone!

A lot of people were asking what the prizes were, and since I won third place I thought I'd share what I received so you all had an idea.

I got a purple skulker box that contained the following items.
    • 5 apples
    • 1 cake
    • 12 golden apples
    • 32 skulker shells
    • 10 diamond blocks
    • 64 emerald blocks
    • 64 iron blocks
    • 64 gunpowder
    • 1 enraged zombie spawn egg
    • 16 "SMP8 PWU" banners- very beautiful
    • 64 bottles of enchanting
    • 64 liquid happiness
    • 64 fools gold
    • 1 ghast head
    • 16 dragon heads
    • 1 Blizz Ard's eye
    • 1 dragon stone
    • 1 theomglover's voter shears
    • 1 Diamond Pick Axe with Efficiency V, Silk Touch, Unbreaking III, and Mending
    • 1 Bow with Infinity and Mending
    • 1 Diamond Axe with Efficiency V and Unbreaking III
    • 1 Diamond Chestplate with Protection IV, Unbreaking III, and Mending
    • 1 Elytra
    • 1 Remote Shop Sign
    • 1 Iron Supporter Voucher
    • 1 Stable Voucher
    • 1 Vault Voucher
    It was a fabulous event!