British People

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Sachrock, Nov 23, 2016.

?

Are you British?

Yes 34 vote(s) 25.0%
No 102 vote(s) 75.0%
  1. OMG! that looks soooo good!
    Equinox_Boss and Sachrock like this.
  2. Rain is the best weather.....

drip drip drop
  3. I amn't brittisch myselve (wich you probably can tell from my Englisch) but I do really love tea, and I do also really like complaining about the weather :p so I guess I'm quite close...
  4. I agree!
    Sometimes I can really enjoy no downfall too, but a little rain is the nicest!
  5. My nationality is British, but I always put that down as European (my school said I couldn't do that lol). I was born in Liverpool, currently live just outside of it. My mum is Welsh-Irish and was raised as a Welshwoman, so I guess I'm ethnically Welsh if I'd have to pick from the multiple ethnicities that are in my family history - the English in my family is pretty non-existent, thank God. I also speak a little bit of Welsh - by that I mean write and read, I can't pronounce the words at all.

I love tea. I love the music that comes out of this country. I love our flag, because it's pretty. I'm pretty proud of how we're a tiny island nation and somehow managed to shape the modern world, own 25% of it at one point, and contributed to science and everything the most (second to only the US and Germany). Note: I'm not proud of the thousands of atrocities the UK committed in order to get to that point, I simply admire how that managed to happen to this country.

I hate the weather, the government, most of the people, and how the country just... is. Despite my pride for the Empire and all that, there's nothing for me here.

I hate my accent too - Britain has a new accent every five minutes of walking (most regional dialect and accents in a single country woo) and most of them sound repulsive. Scouse is one of those that are not very nice - it's a mix of North Welsh, North English, Irish, and I'm pretty sure it has some influences from Norwegian and Scottish. Awwwfuuullll.

So, yeah. I'm British. Not a very patriotic Brit at all, and I want to move away from the UK as soon as I possibly can before it collapses in on itself more than it already has.
  6. Define "British"
  7. I'm not a Brit, I'm more Native to the America's with a little German mixed in....I do however enjoy a nice cup of tea. I'll refer you to my Teal Talk thread.

https://empireminecraft.com/threads/tea-talk.68312/
  8. I don't like tea but I'm british so
  9. *looks at poll*
  10. British is a nationality - if you're born in the UK or have citizenship here, you're British.

The different countries within the UK are made up of four native ethnicities: English (Descended from settling Germanic tribes), Scottish (natives), Welsh (natives), Northern Irish (Made of Scottish and English who settled in Northern Ireland) - and you could also consider Cornish one.

justfunfakts
  11. :p But moving to Britain might be a good idea due to the current president-elect..
  12. I'm British, a lot of reasons make me want to live in america but some Americans would say the opposite and want to come here. Overall I don't mind living here, just i wanna go somewhere which land/property size is cheap, warmer, beautiful hilly roads to longboard on and other stuff. If anyone wants to swap with me and we can get citizenship for either places then great! ;)
  13. No leaving please :p
  14. xd
    Sachrock and Equinox_Boss like this.
  15. Nice flag. I like tea too.
  16. I might not be British but I sure do love tea and the UK is on my Bucket List for when I get older!:p
    Sachrock, Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  17. *sips tea* Oi, scones, the queen, Doctor Who, other stereotypical British things...
    In all seriousness, LizzieDestiel and I are Britishing (is that a word? Well, it is now) it up in Manchester.
  18. Get that traitorous flag out of here.
    With the state the UK is in and the grave it's digging itself into: Everyone get out while you still can.