Blizz is Back! - 12/4/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2016.

1. That awkward moment when you have God armor and Sword but you still die from the blizz...
    Only happened once but still.
  2. There are still blizzs from past years in the frontier on some smps
    Equinox_Boss and Gawadrolt like this.
  3. Well, there is a very good excuse for that. After all: if both Krysyy & Aikar have had issues with trying to defeat the Blizz then surely it should be a challenge for us players as well! ;)

That's what you get when custom code goes AI on the server :D

(holiday season conspiracies I tell you! :D)
    Equinox_Boss, Kytula, padde73 and 2 others like this.
  4. Well done! :)
    I figured it wasn't Aikar... :rolleyes: Sorry, Aikar; you've got other talents! ;)
  5. *arms self with flamethrower* Good to see you again, Blizz... now time to say goodbye.
  6. If I have a mini boss spawn for me, does that interfere with my next blizz ard spawn or is that a totally seperate timer, like the turkeys? Also do they spawn at the same rate as turkeys?
  7. I believe they're separate. I'll look into it if you don't get a definitive answer though!

Not 100% sure how blizz spawning works.
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and UltiPig like this.
  8. You'll do better if you don't use fire aspect or flame bows. I believe it takes into account actual player dealt damage when dishing out rares. The fire damage is not counted as player damage. At least that's what I've heard.
    Equinox_Boss and AncientTower like this.
  9. I certain that each has it's own timer so if you have mini bosses turned on it's possible to have them all spawn every 2 hours (or whatever the timers are).

So that means voter's sword is out? I got 7 full sets of blizz parts last year with it lol
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. Again ThaKloned, that's just what I've heard. I have a smite 5 sword without fire aspect for Momo for just that reason. Marlix is immune to fire, so I use his own bow against him!
    Equinox_Boss, ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  11. Looting and non-player-dealt damage end up somewhat negating one another in my experience, i.e., I don't notice a difference really between a Fire Aspect/Flame weapon and a non-Fire-inducing weapon. All depends on how you wanna go about it. I tend to use fire-inducing weapons to shorten the battles. Still was able to get a nose and an arm last year even though I didn't hunt that many.
  12. Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Tried it out and I'm not sure they are taking fire damage. I have a damage indicator on and when I wack it, it lights on fire but the health does not go down after the initial hit. Other mobs normally do take fire damage.
    Equinox_Boss, Mob_Meal and 607 like this.
  14. Ah, that makes even more sense. I assumed they did because of them seeming to take damage from it, but I too have the damage indicators mod and I'll check it out too. In that case, no wonder I noticed no difference, lol. As for thinking the fire made battles shorter... placebo effect? :rolleyes:
    Equinox_Boss, 607 and ThaKloned like this.
  15. Cave Johnson strikes again! :D
    Equinox_Boss and Kytula like this.
  16. I can't confirm this either, but I can say that using a voters sword (which inflicts fire damage) can be used to get something good from a Blizz. I killed one earlier today and immediately got a nose from it.
    Equinox_Boss and cubefragment like this.
  17. Used fire today and got an arm.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  18. IDK....Last year I only was getting the body parts after the event was over. It seemed like the Blizz Ards were like meh, just give it to him. lol

Maybe it just is really random in when the drop happens.
    Equinox_Boss and ThaKloned like this.
  19. Got my first one of the new batch. :)

20. Lil Blizzy is back in town! Who is ready for a snowball war? :D