Blizz is Back! - 12/4/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Are 5 hour energy drinks provided? ;)

Also, +100 for the story :)
  2. That was an awesome story!
    Who wrote it? :)
  3. Do you wanna kill a snowman?
  4. So I fought a Blizz just now, even got a nose out of it, but I can't help mention that the combat mechanic feels unbalanced to me; it doesn't seem to take the current combat mechanics into account.

Thing is: the Blizz snowball attack is a constantly ongoing thing. Even if you hit it it'll simply continue shooting at you in the same static rate. The reason I consider this unbalanced is because you can normally break off (disrupt) a mobs attack. This gives you time to either continue yours or to create an opening to run off (when you're out of food for example).

The problem though is that this works both ways. When you try to attack and you get hit your attack can also stall a bit. This isn't much of a problem with a mob which you stall as well, but it becomes annoying when a mob just goes on endlessly while you need to pause in order to get a better hit across.

It's easily doable: hide behind a shield, get a few attacks in, eat food & wait for your health to get back and then simply repeat the process. It's not bad, but just isn't very satisfying for me because it feels like a grind where you have no control over the situation at all.

But... you can't please 'm all ;) And there are plenty of enraged mobs to go after :cool:
  5. If you intend to catch a blizz to keep as a living representative, leads. Unless this has changed from last year, Blizz can be led. However.... I recommend full protection IV diamond armor. Unbreaking III as well. Because otherwise he'll shred it.

But yes, awesome! Blizz Ard is back. :) maybe I'll finally get his eye this time...

Also, drops tend to fly many blocks away when the mob is on an enclosed area with thin walls. Try making the walls a few blocks thick and see if the drops still glitch through the walls.
    Equinox_Boss, UltiPig, 607 and 3 others like this.
  6. WHEN WILL VIXEN/PRANCER/DONNIR/IDK THE REST BE OUT
    Equinox_Boss and UltiPig like this.
  7. Blizzy! Whoot whoot!
  8. Wow! Just logged on and switched smp's to my outpost. First thing to pop up was some Holiday magic and then it got really cold. Best time of the year everyone.
  9. That would be me.

Oh and since I forgot in the main part to give him credit, props to DrMadFate for my sweater skin =)
  10. I can't wait! Last year, I joined in January.. me and a close friend went out in the waste. We were extremely far out and there was tons of untouched land. We saw a something with a nametag... Us being us and thinking anything that wasn't player wise with a name tag was safe, we went to go see it of course. Josh went first, he was shot at with a snowball. Then it clicked.. Its a Blizz! Let's just say, we were there for a good half an hour.. mostly because it followed us into a cave.. :p Then like a month ago someone found one, so I decided to be nice and take it off their hands ;)

I'm soo excited.. I'm gonna have to get my EMC squad and go out and look :p Maybe I'll have better luck with this than the Super Turkeys.. lol
    Equinox_Boss, UltiPig, 607 and 4 others like this.
  11. Mine is in a swamp/jungle & Bliz spawns there
  12. I advise you stay tuned for EMC's 12 Days of Christmas, starting on Dec 14th.
  13. Ya the wiki says everywhere except desert and ocean. The 2 spots that I currently have large builds being done on :D

But anyone who knows me knows I have a swamp or 2 close by ;)
  14. EX CAN'T W8
    Equinox_Boss and Gawadrolt like this.
  15. ugh i had to deal with one little shit now i have to deal with this one! ugh Aikar why you do dis.
    Equinox_Boss, ThaKloned and ShelLuser like this.
  16. Now that is something I'm honestly looking forward to! In the past 2 years that you guys did it I really enjoyed the diversity put into it. Last year there were plenty of things I really enjoyed, just like there some I didn't but which others did massively enjoy.

Thanks for the small preview :cool:

(edit):
    Well, they are easy to avoid. I was mining on smp2 earlier today (approx. 750 blocks out) and noticed 3 around me. I killed one, didn't want to bother with the others but they never bothered me during mining.

We'll live :)

Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  17. Um...*whispers* We didn't do it last year...
  18. Nice story, super happy blizz is back
    Equinox_Boss, khixan and Krysyy like this.
  19. hmm? Well, you certainly did something :) I recall several events which were held (or something close enough) and the year before that we had the daily promos (and other stuff). Either way, I'm looking forward to it :)
    Equinox_Boss and 607 like this.
  20. First Blizz of the Season.
    I didn't get any Blizz parts but that's par for the course it seems for me.
    Still fun though.