Biomes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Merek_Shadower, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have been looking all over for a couple days now for a list of biomes to choose from and the command to change it. I may be blind but I sure have been looking. I thought I came across it a year ago or so. Can't find it now. Any help?
    607 likes this.
  2. Just use /res changebiome to get the list :)
    weeh likes this.
  3. Thank you!! I was looking all over forums for it. They should list it here.
    Ch33zus likes this.
  4. Yh make it a suggestion, not many people will find it useful but someone must as myself I'm quite interested in different things i can change my res into and i tend to look on the forums/wiki here etc for info
    SkeleTin007 and Merek_Shadower like this.
  5. Same here, I go to forums/wiki for almost all my info. The issue I have with my biome is water freezes.
    607 likes this.
  6. i always use the command to see, as when i do res updates on say my Greek Gardens, I change the biome as well... For example, (Desert for fall as leaves look dried up and look like they are going to fall), then I do say (Jungle for spring as the leaves are all fresh and green, and the grass is so dark).. I play with the biomes like that. Never needed to look on wiki as command lists it all haha.
    607 likes this.
  7. Can confirm that it's not a part (anymore) of the Residence commands wiki page. That's where it should have been listed and I'm pretty sure that it used to be a part of that page.

Unfortunately that happens more often to me as well; not finding certain info on the wiki.
    SkeleTin007, 607 and Ch33zus like this.
  8. Yeah, in another post I commented on I said I saw it about a year ago or so but couldn't find it today.
  9. What is the command to actually change the biome?
  10. It is /res changebiome (biome)
    SkeleTin007 and Tbird1128 like this.
  11. Do y'all know what necro posting is? No? OK.

It's bad m'kay.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  12. While I agree in general, what is the time it takes to reach this state? I'm thinking more than a month, right?
    JesusPower2 likes this.
  13. When there is a little red message near the post reply box that says this is an outdated thread. Till then its fair game.
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  14. Nah.

I don't think it's all that bad if the new post addresses the same topic as the thread itself. In this case the thread was about biomes, TBird wanted to know about biomes so by posting here instead of a new thread she could be sure that all players who followed the thread would be notified. And that would definitely help her get an answer considering that the thread was about biomes in the first place.

Just my 2 cents but I think TBird did the right & smart thing here :)

And sometimes a thread can use a little shake to wake 'm up again. Meh... bunch of lazy threads just sitting on the forums doing nothing but getting read... :D

Since we're talking about biomes, some random words of wisdom:

Jungle M is different than Jungle. So if you're hunting for parrots be sure that you're in the jungle...
  15. Necro posting is still bad m'kay.

16. Just, read that last line. Read it.

Also it was already answered further up in the thread, if you happened to read it before posting ^^^
    Jelle68 likes this.
  17. "In most cases", exceptions make the rule.

Looks to me as if you're the only one who really has a problem with all this ;)

Anyway, asked and answered. The revival has paid off once more. Onto the next old thread! <hides!> :D
  18. Nah, this wasn't necroposting my (figurative) book. But well, the question had already been answered a few posts up, so I'm not sure how Tbird didn't see that.
    ShelLuser and mjnoe70 like this.
  19. Pretty interesting how things go off topic sometimes pretty fast... ...I do see issues with reviving old posts "sometimes" and depending on the age. I mean if you got your answer 2 years ago you likely don't really want to relive that by others reviving it every 6 months. ...but on the flip side, thought this was funny, the thread to ask questions about "auction rules" has that same statement at the bottom yet it gets new posts every month or two it appears.
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/empire-auction-rules-read-before-posting.42009/page-19
    BTW, I went back in history and most everyone in this thread has posted to that thread that has that text on it.
    607 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.