Arbor Day 2015 - Plant A Tree!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by RainbowChin, Apr 22, 2015.

1. I don't think the staff really want to repeat an event just because some countries don't celebrate it on the same day. In fact, the US's Arbor Day is on the last Friday of April, so this event wasn't even created for the US date. There are multiple dates for Easter, New years, Thanksgiving, etc, but one event is had to celebrate them all. :)
    607 likes this.
  2. I think that my point, veiled in sarcasm and humor, has been missed. I’m not saying that we should only celebrate American holidays, and that other countries holidays suck (lookin’ at you, Boxing Day…).

I want more cross culture. I want to know what you celebrate in your country, why it’s important to you, and what traditions you follow. I want to learn about the history that has influenced these events, and how they can shape the future.

So, instead of firing off a forum post about how terrible someone else’s idea is, which does nothing productive, and instead fuels the fire of xenophobia by forcing us to draw lines in the proverbial sand across the globe, you can do sooooo many other great things:

You could start a thread of cultural celebrations. Invite your friends from other countries to share their ideas, and if something there starts sounding like a lot of fun, invite senior staff to have a look.

You could send a PM to senior staff with your own idea, some thoughts on promos that would go along with it (Free Orebusters for hard working Americans, and highly taxed crumpets for the English. No jam).

You could have your own celebration on your res or a friend’s, including items or materials to help. I’m sure some diamond supporters would grind on Endertopia (ask them what it is) to help rename things for you.

Any of these things, and dozens more, would be productive, helpful, and friendly contributions to EMC. Sending snarky forum posts simply drag the community down, making us all look bad.
  3. Us Pastafarians have a 3 month period of time known as Holiday. It roughly starts in October, and roughly ends in early January. This is how we accommodate other non-noodley religions... that and we're too lazy and independent to bother agreeing on any exact day or any precise way of celebrating... apart from involving noodles and marinara, or possibly pesto, or alfredo sauce... well sauce of some sort is likely to be involved, but not guaranteed. So I applaud EMC for their decisiveness, and willingness to hug trees/eat pasta on a specific day and/or week and/or month...

By the way, I'm not able to make it on this week. (Very ill pet) what special powers does this sapling have, and how many zombies have been summoned in town as a result?
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  4. I agree completely! We should celebrate all holidays! In fact, if my work would let me I would celebrate all the holidays, especially those involving whisky and/or pasta... (as paid holidays!) on the day of. Now to get them to recognize the holiday season as the proper holiday, named Holiday, that it is, and to allow everyone arbitrary hours and full pay during this period... Oh wait. That's pretty much how it is by default.... only without the proper name... Perhaps I should bring my Festivus pole in this coming Holiday.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  5. x7mx... :) ... I sooo love what you said. I wish I could have said that so well but glad you did. <3
  6. Thanks :)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  7. Hey guys, it's your friend HelloKittyRo! I just wanted to tell you yet again, that at my residence, (tonight) there will be an Earth Day celebration at my residence! It will be 5:00-5:30. There will be games and contests.
    Do /v HelloKittyRo to go to my residence. Also, I have 4 residences being built in progress! Visit them when there done!
    From,
    Your Friend,
    HelloKittyRo
  8. I planted my tree and it grew. But it's not dropping gold bars or pumpkin pies. Is there something wrong with it? Can I get a new one?
  9. There is no "instead of" when you're in the land of bald eagles and back to back World War champions!! USA!! USA!! USA!!
    jkjkjk182 and Luckygreenbird like this.
  10. I dunno man, the way I hear it the Aussie Holidays make Irish Holidays look like sober celebrations concocted by the 10th generation Mormon AA Sponsors living in a dry county....
  11. No, you can't.
  12. So, last Friday, in all the excitement, I forgot to claim my sapling. But luckily I have a tree farm myself, so I set out to the wild of smp5!

Wow, I had never seen this before. Majestic.

Planting is going well! As you see, I'm on a watermelon diet...

Sorry Zombies, today is Arbor day! You'll have to wait until Monstrum day.

I saw a name tag, and thought: "Hey! Another player? Let's meet up with him."

O_O
    Never seen that before!

I struggled to hit him, because he kept knocking me back, but eventually I found a place where I could hit him without being thrown back too much because of the knockback. I'm happy with the respiration of my voter's helmet...

Tadaa!

I continued planting saplings and slaying zombies.

When I was nearly done, I decided to try killing a creeper without backing up.

Did not work. Sigh.

That means I lost all my goodies from the Blizz Ard, food, some saplings, three Power III Unbreaking III bows... et cetera xD
    Well, at least now I know you shouldn't try to kill a creeper without backing up, at least not above difficulty 5 and without potions :rolleyes:
  13. No offense but, who said the earth is 4.6 billion years old?
  14. I am not saying I agree or disagree. I am just saying people have a lot of different views and ideas on things so...
  15. Scientists estimate it at that due to various forms of dating.
  16. The Bible estimates it at 6,500 years old due to Creation. :)
  17. Topic off track... Plant a tree. We are killing them faster than growing them. That's all I got to say about that.
  18. Creation is preeeeetty much 100% disproved. But, you know, if you hate science, whatevs.
  19. Watch out, people. I'd really want to comment, and if it would've been a couple of years ago, I definitely would've. But I now know I really shouldn't.
    Don't go any more off-topic about this, it will not end in peace, we know that.
    And besides, does it really matter? A few billion years more or less doesn't mean we don't need trees! :)
    gunthro and BreezyMan like this.
  20. Guys, I got a good thread!! POST A PIG IN THE MUD LOL:D