Arbor Day 2015 - Plant A Tree!

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by RainbowChin, Apr 22, 2015.

1. This has nothing to do with getting to 1.8 at all :)
    Krysyy is the one who set this up, together with Rainbowchin, apparently. Both of them are not big coders. So while they were indeed keeping us happy (I just said it! Does that make me a nobody? :(), Aikar and the rest "wasted" no time on this whatsoever.
    If you didn't know, arbor means tree :)
  2. As 607 said, this was a thing by Krysyy that Rainbow made the post for. It should also be noted that neither of them are Developers. Don't be so quick to criticize the things the staff without looking at the whole picture.
    crystaldragon13, ShelLuser and 607 like this.

3. I'm fairly certain there was no significant developer time put into this, as it's just a regular sapling with no special properties, so I sincerely doubt that this promo is in any way affecting Aikar's efforts to upgrade to 1.8.

I think it's a wonderful idea; Not really a "promo" but simply a way for EMC to acknowledge Earth Day & Arbor Day (and if I'm remembering right, this idea was suggested by a few members of the community.) So I don't understand the complaints. If EMC had given us nothing, no one would care, but krysyyjane9191 was kind enough to set this up as a little something extra and people start getting upset because they wanted something "shiny," or because they haven't heard of the day before.

As for me, I'm off to claim and plant my tree for all to enjoy. :)
    crystaldragon13 and 607 like this.
  4. Both of these are accurate, but even if the developers did take time to do this, why can't we just all be grateful that they thought the community would want some free trees to celebrate a holiday that most of us enjoy?
  5. #WikiPage4Saplings
    Gawadrolt and PenguinDJ like this.
  6. cya im wasting no time planting da tree..
    Defne_The_Boss likes this.
  7. Kthxbye!
  8. :) Thats a good idea
    AnonReturns and crystaldragon13 like this.
  9. I made a birch tree tower :)
  10. rofl! :D

So at first I just went over the thread reading comments. Then I came across my 'My Empire' page and....

Who said you couldn't make money out of this promo, huh?

Congratulations! You're the 100th customer of the ShellShop which gets you a super-duper, shellstrordinair, one time only ShellSave of a whooping 90%! Talk about luck!

Shipment will be made within 2 - 3 days and comes with full instructions on how to re-assemble your own cool EMC Arbor promo tree :)

Congratulations!

(to be continued ;))
  11. Yeah because NZ,AU, and the UK, are all small countries....
  12. how much would it sell for?
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  13. It's a normal sapling, so 1-2r.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  14. yo cause im a new zealander
    huckleberry24 likes this.
  15. rlly dj!
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. If anyone really wants to, they can send me their sapling, I'm planting mine in a special section of my res that will be a forest eventually :)
    Just mail me the sapling, I'll pay your mail fee, and you'll soon see your beautiful sapling turn into a tall tree!
    Happy Arbor Day all :D
    607 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  17. no, no, no. It's obviously worth 2500r. Hence why I bought one from Shell. :D
  18. This is so awesome!! Thank you kryssyjane for you thoughtfulness and the nod to both days. I love that it was 'just' a tree and not some shiny promo. It will, of course, be stuck on my promo wall but I have lots and lots of trees to plant in it's place as I usually do as I go along exploring. :p
    What a small thing we can to help ourselves as we help the earth replenish the trees. Yay!!! Trees!! :D
    karatekick2001 likes this.
  19. Thank you Kryssy And Chin for bringing attention to Arbor Day.

Everyone else... Plant a tree. Just saying...

EarthDay.jpg

Edit: Let's not forget to go out to our /wild spawn areas, lay some dirt, and plant a tree there too.