Anti-Griefing Update! 8/15/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nice work Aikar, you are the best!
    khixan likes this.
  2. Want to thank Aikar and the dev team for working very hard on this update! I know it has taken a lot of trial and error, but you have finally released a good working anti grief update and it is amazing!

My question is, are wooden planks of all kinds protected?
    I'm deeply sorry if it already says it... It was a lot of reading and I just had 4 hours of sleep after being up for 37 hours..
    Zrugite, JesusPower2 and khixan like this.
  3. Wooden planks are not in the protected list so you will need to activate build mode in order to protect them.
    OriginalScuf and khixan like this.
  4. I would just like some clarification on the 'you can't protect your entire 5k outpost radius' statement - does this mean that anyone can come within my outpost radius and build unapproved structures using the build mode?

Does this also mean that even though I have built according to the rules, my outpost now has to pay for protection or rebuild everything? As our theme is 'Middle Earth', we have done a whole lot in plain stone, cobble, wood, and even dirt (hobbit homes). As it is now, the old protection has been enough - I am not complaining at all and I think this is a great thing, I just want to fully understand what I need to do to get maximum protection for my members and all of their hard work!

I would like to assume that the protection will encompass the entire radius and only approved builders (friends) can build within that area... For instance, I will approve all of the members of my outpost and they would be granted full permissions to build within my outpost radius. I do not want people who are not members of my outpost building things that they can protect with a simple build command.
    What would be best is if the whole radius was marked on the map or if anyone entering my claimed area could see a small icon or message stating that they are in a protected area, preferably with the name of the outpost and owner to contact for permissions. Maybe the external map feature could be tweaked so the outpost owners can add some marker? At least then anyone who wanted to check if it was safe to build somewhere could see quickly if they are in a good spot.
  5. If anyone is interested in using a "free" locking method, you can always just put a protected solid block on top of your chest which will stop the game from allowing anyone to open it.
  6. What you describe will be handled with the Empires update.
    The protection that is being put in place with this update is for placed blocks only. It doesn't stop someone from placing inside a set radius. It only prevents them from breaking your blocks. If someone builds within the area that you have established, you'll need to report it as griefing at this time.
  7. This would not work for furnaces and some other containers.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. Well, this update will certainly help my paranioa about someone finding my base ^-^;
    Does this work in other dimensions too?
  9. Well this is a good point. I suppose the only reasonable and logical method to locking a furnace and such would be to surround it with diamond blocks. :p

This update probably takes the usefulness away from LOCK signs though. Maybe a way to make them convenient again would be to adjust them to lock a number of owned chests in a certain radius? I know that that is not how the code works right now, just an idea though. :p
    ThaKloned likes this.
  10. Yes, the Nether has been mentioned in this thread before.
    khixan likes this.
  11. That seems inconvenient though, as then you'd have to break and place a block every time you used the container.
    khixan likes this.
  12. Buildmode and protection for uncommon blocks works in the Frontier Overworld, Nether and End. In the Wastelands, only the default protection applies and /buildmode will not work
  13. If sticky pistons can only pull blocks owned by the user or un-owned, a little contraption could be made to make it less laborious, and far less expensive than 1000r.
    Zrugite, ThaKloned and 607 like this.
  14. I think I may have found a bug. It says I cannot use buildmode in the frontier end. Doing /buildmode gives me the message pictured below.

607 likes this.
  15. So can I use the form to have ss protect my netherrail?
  16. Rails should be protected according to the list, by default if placed after may 1st, 2014.
  17. this is AWESOME... i dont understand all of it yet but what ive seen looks amazing!

one question: when i break shelly's blocks he gets a warning, but i dont. would it be possible to also give ppl who break blocks a warning? that way u know 4 sure if you accidentally break someone elses protected blocks.
    Kytula and Vortixin like this.
  18. Is it stopping you from breaking it? The warning should appear.

If it's not stopping you, then change Shelly's settings because you are likely friends.
    ShelLuser, TomvanWijnen and Kytula like this.
  19. So every block on that list since I joined :D Future apologies to any outposts that invited me in :p
  20. She is friends with ShelLuser, but this way she doesn't know whether she's breaking her own or Shel's blocks. :)
    ShelLuser and AyanamiKun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.