Anti-Griefing Update! 8/15/16

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The friends system was set up to support "Friend Settings" as a place for us to store this choice.
    To support settings for non friends, wed have to introduce a new settings system, and I feel it wouldn't fit in cleanly and would be confusing when you have "Player Settings" (which would easily be confused with the system your describing), and "Friend Settings". "Non Friend Settings" is negative and def not something Id be ok with.

You could turn all your PS settings for friends to not notify them etc, and then simply opt in the friends you want to allow to break.
    Zrugite, crystaldragon13, 607 and 2 others like this.
  2. Hmm, not sure yet personally what to do, but I understand your point, thanks. :) When the "Empires" update is out (doesn't matter when), will it probably be able to also allow non-friends in the area to destroy my blocks? If so, I'll just wait for that. :p
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  3. Yes, youll have a PS to allow empire members to break blocks.
  4. Curious about that. Will there be any type of protections against people placing blocks in or around established outposts? I'm looking to make some public area's around my outpost for XP/item grinders and having the ability to not allow placing blocks would be huge in grief prevention.
  5. It will function as a 'limited' town plot system. You will be able to prevent the block placement.
  6. Suggestion: Like x1000 button for posts like this :D
    ShelLuser likes this.
  7. Nah, that seems a little overpowered. ;)
    ShelLuser and ThaKloned like this.
  8. Sorry forgot, no vanilla :p
    ShelLuser and 607 like this.
  9. Awesome, thanks! :D
    God_Of_Gods likes this.
  10. I did some work last night but was too late to deploy, will try tonight to get group build mode out.
  11. I know a few people who will thank the heck out of you :D
    b0bbythebuild3r and ShelLuser like this.
  12. Do you think there would be a way to set /buildmode on for say until the day restarts (When you get your Rupee Bonus)? Just want to be able to work on my base, and It sucks when my connection is very bad... For example the other day I was kicked around 150 times, and I keep forgetting to set this flag on...
    Zrugite, Gawadrolt and ThaKloned like this.
  13. Where is the protected block list, im sure soemone posted a link. could not find it on the anti grief page.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  14. 2nd post in this thread, in a spoiler
  15. Thanks for your comment! I have to agree that the info got harder to find. Here's the problem: things change so much with/during this update that it's sometimes hard for us contribs to keep up. But we're giving it our best!

I'm not just saying things here; Aikar has already mentioned that we'll soon be able to select which of our friends should be able to vouch for us (see this post). Just like the current /fr breakblock feature (which also got added after the release).

Anyway, I just updated the Anti-grief wiki page and I hope this will make it easier to find. (new header: List of automatically protected blocks).
    Kytula, 607, Zrugite and 1 other person like this.
  16. hm I seem to have a problem. in my outpost I need to be able to remodel stuff, and if someone else built it, it's protected. This is my outpost, everyone knows that it's mine and we are all editing each other's builds - shouldn't the outpost owner automatically have overrides for all perms in their claimed outpost? We also have some builds by derelict players that sometimes need things done - should we ask a senior staff every time we need to move a fence? We do try to reuse some of these nicer ones when someone moves out so the new owner needs to be able to fix up or renovate as needed..
    ShelLuser and THEmotionMAST3R like this.
  17. Please note: this is all from mind. I cannot rule out that I am overlooking things but rest assured that what I am telling you is a very educated guess.

You could ask your friends to use: /noprotectmode but obviously that doesn't rule out another problem: no protection at all. If all you needed was to be able to break their blocks though...

The best bet at the time of writing: add one another to your friends list. But there are developments on-going which could very well solve this issue. This update is far from over ;)

The following comment is solely based on hear-say and my guess is as good as yours. But maybe.. I heard a bit more: Rumour (started by me just now) has it that we might see one part of this happening soon: /invite players to your group, turn on a new mode and from there on all players within the group place protected blocks on behalf of the group leader.

More seriously: Aikar mentioned something like this in another thread. So it will most likely happen but we all know Aikar time :) (on a personal note, I honestly believe this is going to go live soon!).

#superexcited4emcantigrief

@Aya: not even the 4 would make this work? But that's your speciality! :p

Err, ok, back to the post:

Another thing to consider: Empires. Once that takes off (sorry, I am now hiding parts of rumours to keep the suspense alive) the Empire owners will have something similar (but different) to their town residences. Including (so rumour goes): the ability to apply fine-grain control over who can do what.

PS:

I can PM you my sources (posts by Aikar on public forums) but yeah.. trying to keep the suspense alive abit.
    PetuniaFigtree and 607 like this.
  18. You could use the macro mod and set the on-login commands to turn on /buildmode. I don't think any longer term setting should be created just because of those who forget.
    TomvanWijnen, 607, Gawadrolt and 2 others like this.
  19. Never thought of that..
  20. Updates going out now:
    • Players are now warned on joining a group about the current Block Break setting
    • Groups may now use /gr buildmode [owner] - this will make all blocks placed with [owner] as owner instead of the player. NOTICE: This still requires players to enable /buildmode to make the common blocks owned by the [owner] too. It does not force /buildmode onto all players, it only changes who is the owner of the placed blocks for group build projects - use just /gr buildmode without an owner to turn it off. You can see current owner in /chat who.
    • Command completions have been added to Anti Grief commands
    • Suffix support has been added to /pay - you may now do /pay <player> 4.5k for example
    • Fixed some bugs that allowed people do things they shouldn't of been able to do
    Note: I didn't finish vouch control for friends yet, hopefully tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.