[AMA] 8 Years on EMC + giveaway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BrenJone, Aug 7, 2020.

1. 1. Raiders of the Lost Ark (of course)
    2. The Last Crusade
    3. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
    4. Temple of Doom

Kindom of the Crystal Skull was one of the first Indiana Jones movies I saw, besides Raiders of the Lost Ark, so that's why its higher than Temple of Doom.
  2. Congrats on 8 years! :D

1. If you could add any mob to Minecraft, what would it be and what would it do?
    2. Do you like frogs? :)
  3. 1. Not really a mob, more of a boss, but I think adding the Kraken into Minecraft would be cool. The Kraken would only spawn in a deep ocean and would have its own underwater ruins, like drowneds do, but the structures are larger and have more around them. While fighting it it would temporarily blind players, grab onto players with its tentacles, and bite players. I am not sure as to what it would drop and how it would benefit the player, like withers and nether stars for beacons, that would be for Mojang to implement.
    2. Yes, my gun club is right next to the river and there are tons of them there. :D
  4. Congratulations on 8 years! :D
    Joy_the_Miner, 607 and BrenJone like this.
  5. Congrats on reaching 8 years on EMC. One question if you can remember, is what did you build on your residence when you joined way back when?
    Joy_the_Miner, 607 and BrenJone like this.
  6. It was no joke a wide open res with a massive wooden wall around it, about 20-30 blocks tall, and I think I used the area in it to grow trees, most of the stuff was underground. That res only lasted about two months after I joined before I moved to my current res next to Lucky. I did keep much of the underground layout the same when compared to my new res, although since then new stuff has been added underground. This is the oldest picture I could find of my current res, this is from sometime before September 2014 from what I can garner from this picture, my res is on the left, the one with the short stone wall around it and the fire-pillars. https://imgur.com/DoUpAN6
    In September/October 2014 is when I tore down everything on the surface and built the Eiffel Tower that is presently on my res.
  7. Wow 8 years that's a long time!
    What is your favorite flying animal?
    Joy_the_Miner and BrenJone like this.
  8. Do you prefer coffee or tea?
  9. My favorite flying animal would have to be hawks because its the mascot of both my nfl team, Seahawks, and my high school, Skyhawks. So its been the flying animal that I've always known ever since I was little.
    607, Joy_the_Miner and Luckygreenbird like this.
  10. Coffee without a doubt.
  11. Bump, only a few days left before the giveaway, people entered to win so far are listed below.

Luckygreenbird

Jewel_King

Raaynn
    Soniol1
    PupInAction
    Joy_the_Miner
    Wafflecoffee
    TomvanWijen
    cj12115
    SkeleTin007
    BennyLikesBagels
    DrMadFate
    ItzAllysonn
    BugsyWPfeiffer
    4thofJurhy
    Bunjimon348
    Stnywitness
    luckycordel
    VoidDistortion
    MoreMoople
    CarFryer
    KandK22
    FlyingFish21
    SteamingFire
  12. It's SteamingFire
  13. Sorry about that, fixed it.
    Luckygreenbird and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  14. Congrats on 8 years, Bren! I've seen you a lot, but haven't ever really gotten the opportunity to talk to you.

I have 2 questions:
    Would you rather have pancakes or waffles?
    Which phone would you rather have: an iPhone or Android phone?
    BrenJone and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  15. 1. That is a very tricky question, I wouldn't say I have a favorite but I do tend to eat pancakes more than waffles. However, I would rather have waffles over pancakes just because no one makes pancakes like my grandma.
    2. I had been using an iPhone since summer of 2011, my first iPhone was the iPhone 4, which I then upgraded to an iPhone 6 plus in December of 2014 and was using that until September of 2019 until the screen broke. However, I was already looking for a new phone about a month before it broke because the new iOS that came out was not going to support the 6 or 6 Plus. While I was looking for new phones I really did not like the phone selection that Apple had, besides the iPhone 8, but I really did not like the specs nor prices of the other iPhone, not to mention an iPhone XR would have already been a year old, and an iPhone 10 was already two years old. But there was one phone that did catch my eye in both specs and price in June 2019, and that was the OnePlus 7 Pro, and so yes I betrayed Apple even though they have started to go off the rails, and I took the leap to Android and have had my OnePlus 7 Pro for almost a year now and I absolutely love it.
  16. Happy 8 years! I can't imagine having an attention span long enough to keep you in one place for that long :p
    BrenJone and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  17. The numbers are in for the drawings, thank you to everyone who responded and thank you for the kind words. I did nto think I would get 27 total entries to pick for three finalists. Once again the numbers were randomly selected and the first, second, and third drawings were in sequence of what number was drawn first, second, and third. Congratulations to the winners listed below:

First Drawing: Mineral Mincer pickaxe plus 88,888 rupees (BennyLikesBagels)
    Second Drawing: Emergency Snow Clearing Device shovel plus 88,888 rupees (CarFryer)
    Third Drawing: (2017) Holiday Axe plus 88,888 rupees (607)

*All drawing winnings have been sent out*

Once again, thank you to everyone who participated, this will end the giveaway portion of the thread, but the tread will still stay open for further responses and questions. Thanks Everyone!! :D
  18. I missed the chance to win anything but that is okay. Congrats on 8 years! I am new to emc and was wondering what is one thing that I need to try on EMC at least once.