[AMA] 8 Years on EMC + giveaway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BrenJone, Aug 7, 2020.

1. ANNIVERSARY
    Good Day fellow Minecrafters, it had been brought to my attention that it was my 8 year anniversary on EMC on August 6th. Of course I had planned for this but I completely forgot when the day actually came, Luckygreenbird will confirm that for me. However, I thought that it would be better late than never to post this thread as both a thank you to all the people in the EMC community for being such awesome people, and to give back to the community by giving away some promos and rupees.

INSTRUCTIONS
    The instructions are rather simple, any post will put that player into a drawing for a chance to win one of three items plus rupees. While multiple responses or questions are allowed, please limit your account entry to one per person (no alts), in order to give more people a chance at winning. Each person will be placed into a spread sheet, either Excel or Word, and given a number in correlation to the number of postage. Questions will be accepted but are not required for entry, I will try my best to answer every question that is asked. So if you have ever had this burning desire to ask me a question like do how I take my coffee or if I actually am related to Indiana Jones, then this thread is your golden opportunity. The date to enter the giveaway will run from August 7th to August 15, 8 days for 8 years, with the entry closing on August 15th at 11:59 pm EMC time (10:59 pm CT). After the entry period is closed I will pull up the random number generator and pull out the three winners for the giveaway. After that I will post of who won in the order of winnings and will notify and mail out the winnings. After August 15 the thread will still be open for any other questions that people would like to ask.

WINNINGS
    The winnings will be straight forward, three opportunities to win both a promo and the rupees along with it. The winnings will be mailed to each of the three winners after the results are posted on this thread. Winners should receive their winnings no later than August 17th, if the winner does not receive their prize by August 18th then please send me a message.

First Drawing: Mineral Mincer pickaxe plus 88,888 rupees
    Second Drawing: Emergency Snow Clearing Device shovel plus 88,888 rupees
    Third Drawing: (2017) Holiday Axe plus 88,888 rupees

FINAL NOTE
    Good Luck to everyone in the contest and thank you everyone on Empire Minecraft as without you I likely would have left years ago, but your smiling faces, hospitality, and community is why I am still playing on EMC 8 years after I joined.
  2. What's your best moment with me on EMC?
    What's your best moment with someone who isn't me on EMC?
  3. Grats!
    2 questions
    1, should you and EMC both live to 366th anniversary will you still do the number of days for the number of years you have been on EMC?
    2, How did you meet lucky and BK and what did you think when you met them?
  4. Best moment as of recent had to be you showing up in a Ricardo skin. https://imgur.com/aWmx060
    Best moment of others that I could find while scrolling through my screenshots had to be when Chickeneer was causing mayhem in smp8 town with mobs like massive slimes, skeletons riding cows, a momentous, and I think even an ender dragon. https://imgur.com/5Vsdbhp
  5. 1. Yes as it would just roll into the next year, although my last AMA giveaway was my 3 year so there will definitely be a 10 year one.
    2. Lucky and I met when we were in Kindergarten, we were in the same class and we met on the playground, I was pretending to fly an airplane because of course I was and Lucky thought "that is one cool person, I'm gonna vibe with him", and the rest is history. Lucky and I have been best friends for over 16 years and he has been one of the greatest person I have ever come to know, he's also the one who introduced me to EMC. https://imgur.com/r/spongebob/m5VRKMs
    I met BurgerKnight at a robotics competition freshman year of high school, I don't remember exactly how I got to talking to him but it entailed something about "do you know Lucky" as they both went to the same high school (I went to a different high school) and he said "yes" so therefore by the Associative Property BurgerKnight became my friend. A very simplified story but easy to understand story.
  6. I did not know that story, very nice! :D

I might ask a question later, something popped up in my mind but it might be a cause for controversy to rise so I'd rather not ask it. :p
  7. Congratulation Brenjone, on eight years. Sounds like a lucky number, so post #8 could be a very lucky post indeed for someone. Dont you think so?

Eight pieces of eight in this month of eight!
  8. Hey! Congratulations!

After you mentioned it, I'm now wondering....
    HOW do you like your coffee?

Btw I completely missed my 8 years on EMC, but hey! welcome to the 8 years club!
  9. Woohoo! 8 years on EMC! celebration time!

As for my question, Why Indiana Jones as your skin?
    And to add on to the previous question, If Indiana Jones and Lucky's Pirate met in an Indiana Jones movie, what would it be called? Indiana Jones and the.....?
  10. I'm glad to see you're still with us my guy. To think that you've been around since 2012... that's just amazing!

I'd like to ask, how many of your original friends (if any) have left and how many have stayed? I'm just curious if the EMC vets have mainly left, or if some return to place nowadays. :)
  11. conga rats :D
    1) How do you take your coffee
    2) How do you take your waffles
  12. Congratulations! :D

1: How are you doing (today)?
    2: Are you actually related to Indiana Jones?
    3: How do you take your tea?

;)
  13. I'll take my coffee anything from two cream and sugar to black. It just depends on if I want anything in it. At college I usually just get black coffee so I can walk in to the coffee shop, get the coffee, and head right to class, quick and easy.
    As for my waffles, I usually just do syrup on them, I'll sometimes put butter on them but it can be a pain trying to put it on.
  14. 1. I've always liked the Indiana Jones movies and in middle school some of my friends would call me "Jonesy" or "Dr. Jones" from time to time, also my last name is actually Jones. I've also been known for being a history person since middle school so Indiana Jones being an archaeologist also makes some connections there. So when I made my account in Summer of 2012, after graduating middle school, Indiana Jones is what I've stuck with ever since.
    2. This was hard to come up with but if it was Lucky and I were making it it would probably be called "Indiana Jones and the Sacred Fire", named after the flag ship of the Luckygreenbird Pirates.
  15. I started on EMC soon after Lucky joined, but it was our friend PenguinTwist1, who Lucky and I have known since grade school, who found EMC and then told Lucky about it. Technically both Penguin and Lucky both told me about EMC soon after I created my minecraft account and I joined soon after creating the account. However, Lucky is the only one who has stayed on EMC with me, Penguin hasn't been on EMC fully since around 2014-2015, he has hopped on a few times since just to check the server out, but he hasn't been on in over two years. Lucky and I do still keep up with in him in real life, Penguin and I went to the same high school together so even though Lucky and I no longer see him in game, we still see him outside.
  16. 1. I am doing pretty good today, kind of annoyed that I did not get this thread up a day earlier, but otherwise just keeping up with summer classes for college.
    2. No, but I really wish I was, he would be that person in the family that everyone thinks in a regular college professor that takes some occasional trips to far off places, but very few people know about the dangers he always faces and how cool he really is.
    3. I take my tea in the Boston Harbor... But in all seriousness I just drink hot unsweetened tea. Now before other patriots throw me off the bus, I should say that I don't drink tea very often, usually if I have a dry or sore throat.
  17. Thanks for the giveaway my man. Favorite promo ever released?
  18. I would say my favorite promo, one that can be used, is the eggcellent wand, it came in really handy at the base when we had to remove our villagers from the old iron farms after the 1.15 update.
    Other than that I would say the fireworks promos are pretty cool as well.
  19. Hey thats gr8 to have 8 years on EMC ;)

My important question is what are you looking forward in to your next 8 years on EMC?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  20. Hopefully Dragon Tombs because that has been teased for as long as I can remember.