2016 EMC Survey: How Are We Doing?

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Dec 23, 2016.

1. So it does, my fault man, please excuse my misreading of the survey.

I'll get mine submitted as soon as possible.
    ShelLuser, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  2. All is well!
    ShelLuser, 607 and Equinox_Boss like this.
  3. I did it like last week btw
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. noice
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Just put in my Survey! :)
  6. So far we're seeing some awesome results pouring in and some pretty helpful suggestions. (Some I've even linked to the devs and said "See? I told you they wanted it.") The forum member responses total 179 :D
    Now to activate the in-game message this afternoon to see what everyone else has to say.
    607, IsaacNorman and frostyminerpete like this.
  7. Mmm feel like i would hurt someone's feelings if i spoke my mind... oh well maybe next year.
  8. There aren't really many people who will get to see the results, though.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. Tried to fill out the survey. Wouldn't let me :/
  10. Same. I received an error as well. I sent Krysyy a PM but omitted Chickeneer by accident. So sorry, Chickeneer! Please reopen my survey when you have time? Thank you!
  11. Done - perhaps it was still not too late.

Better write "community voice is what drives a community manager".
    That "tool" makes you sound like a dictator.

Better don't limit your communication with the community.
    Open and sincere communication protects from various kinds of headaches.
    Necraz likes this.
  12. Seriously? Now you've crossed into the realms of ludicrous. I said that the community's voice is a tool in order to inspire players to use it, making an analogy to the game itself and having important tools like pickaxes. If you read that much into every word I use, you need a better hobby.

I'm not releasing a full blown text of what players have confided in me. Number 1, because specific staff feedback is included. Number 2, because player comments about other players are included. And finally, because looking at the data means nothing when it's just numbers or walls of text. I'll do what we always do and make the graphs/pie charts and provide stats to go with those graphs, but you need to take off your conspiracy goggles and see that we aren't 'limiting communication' when we mention the word limited. It just means you're not getting every single answer and as a player, you shouldn't. Have a problem with that? My inbox is open.

I'll go ahead and include your results, but you technically were late.
    Sgt_Pepper4, Melk73, Dramanya and 4 others like this.
  13. Not looking for even more discussions, but there is also something as over analyzing M1ner. You know: whenever someone says A + b = C you immediately assume that by not using a capital b they obviously meant to say U as well. UC? :D

And well, I know I should not comment here but meh, the dictator part is overdoing it for my liking. Krysyy can be a lot of things (sometimes even annoying * :D), but she's sure as heck is not a dictator. Even thinking in that direction says more about yourself than her in my not so humble opinion.

Sorry for a mini-rant but I feel lines were a bit crossed here (that's probably just me though). Let's at least try to be respectful and polite towards each other, and don't over analyze everything we say or looking too deep into things which honestly aren't there.

And for the record... I honestly believe Krysyy when she said that she already put some of the ideas of the survey to good use. It's a bit hard to explain because as a regular player I obviously have no idea what exactly transpired, but when comparing now with last year then I definitely think some (small!) things changed here and there. And all for the better mind you!

Meh, oh well :p

Here's hoping this thread didn't get locked in the mean time :D

(edit):

* Invisible parkour anyone? ;)
    Raaynn and 607 like this.
  14. Conspiracy is not the right word here, but I think I get what you mean - "corruption goggles".
    (I do not believe in conspiracies, I think when people suspect conspiracies, they mostly just miss to recognize natural causes and consequences.)

Now, I won't go into potential and real conflicts of interests here and about how corruption emerges naturally without any conspiracy even when nobody wants it. How it gets you when you just want the best for the community. Unless someone pulls my tongue.

My wording above was obviously too provocative (that seems to happen so easily, my bad).

My intention is to mention that you can - yes I think you can - adjust wording of your messages so that it more corresponds to the aspect of the role and the title you've chosen - "community manager".
    It brings great benefits for everyone, it's not too much effort, it surely pays off.

When you mean you won't include every single answer and that you will remove IGNs then it's best to say it exactly that way.

It should not sound like you're patronizing the community. It should not sound like you would be ignoring even the potential conflict of interest between running the server (like adjusting secret staff rules and policies) and serving the community. It especially should not sound like you would somehow assume "we" = "staff" = "community" ( = "me").
    I know, "corruption goggles".

When you write, perhaps you can think of "corruption goggles" - not because of me and some other people here (yes thy exist) who have them - but because it brings benefits for you and everyone here.

About "corruption goggles" - you get them with experience and maturity - when you look around for some time, analyze what happened and realize how things work. When you're young you think "WTH?" and "I'm different" or even "my generation is different", but then, at some point, you start to realize why the things are as they are. You see then, that mostly, there is no (and not even a need for a) conspiracy.
    Necraz likes this.
  15. can we keep this all nice please, im not starting anything but please just no, and plus ur messing with krysyy just back down
  16. I am with you there Shel... this is a game after all.

Also, finished the parkour ... (just couldnt see me due to being invisible...)
  17. The questions, the data from the answered questions. What does it all mean? Why answer when the question doesn't fit. It's not what you can do for us but what we can do for you. Scratch that and reverse it. .uoy rof od nac ew tahw tub su rof od nac uoy tahw ton s'tI I didn't mean for that..... Luck would have it that everyone has an opinion on just how this whole thing should work. I on the other hand like creating ideas for others to try out. I'm Sheldon and you are Leonard.
    What was the question again?
    ESSELEM, ShelLuser and Equinox_Boss like this.
  18. Help me
    Rimont likes this.
  19. "Who stole my beer", guess I just found the answer myself :D
    TomvanWijnen and MajorHaze like this.
  20. So.... is 2017 looking good for EMC?
    UltiPig and Tuqueque like this.