1.8 is coming soon?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JonnyLong, Apr 28, 2015.

1. i tried 1.8.4 now for some hours. and it's allot of problems. more block lag the go with mining the pop back. just where in netehr. my stone slabs gone. griefed !. did go bakc for check, now the are back.

So the did not load. hmm.
  2. This is really cool news! What I also like is that although Aikar did have a setback with upgrading to 1.8 because of his work it has actually played out very well in the end. In my opinion of course. When Aikar posted that message (15th of February) we only had version 1.8.2 which was pretty much unplayable for me, and I know this was also the case for many other players. A few days later (the 20th) 1.8.3 came out and that changed things pretty heavily. Recently we had the security update 1.8.4 so I'd say that all in all the timing could actually not have been any better. I've been using 1.8 for quite a while now and without any issues.
    I used to think the same too, then I realized something... Ever since I've been on EMC I've hardly touched enchanting tables at all. Because even without the lapis requirement and option to "randomize" things (place & remove things until all levels are pretty high and close together so that you can expect better enchantments) all I've been doing was using anvils and enchanted books. Books can get you the exact enchantment which you want/need whereas enchanting is always a lucky draw.

Maybe that could also help you out? There are quite a few shops which sell enchanted books, and they're very useful. Another way to obtain these is to go fishing.

People already mentioned why this was a thing, also pointed you to the wiki, but without the actual link. So if you check out this wiki page (link to gamepedia.com) you'll get a full overview on everything which changed in version 1.8.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  3. Can we make villagers(inf) in 1.8?
  4. Nope, unfortunately that's a separate update that Aikar has to do. :)
    Wicked_Deathbat likes this.
  5. Would I still be able to play with 1.7.10?
  6. Are we counting weeks in Aikar Time? or regular time?
  7. No.
  8. did you even read the op?
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  9. I believe somewhere in the past, Aikar said something about having no flying machine :(
    Oh well, all the more slime blocks to use for huge trampolines! :D
  10. the code emc uses is different from vanilla concerning redstone logic (its why alot of machines wont work in emc without modifications) pistons and redstone ticks arent synced enough to make those machines work correctly
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. They would still work if allowed. They would not be as smooth running or quick, but the basic machines don't need advanced redstone logic.
  12. Will infinite xp and glowstone villagers still work presuming they were already infinite before the update?
  13. well i said correctly, not at all :p
    please read any single pages posts where its mentioned multiple times
  14. I saw the villager posts, although it really only mentioned paper villagers, and if they had a paper trade, they would still be infinite. I was wondering about xp and glowstone ones as well.
  15. Oh lol missed that.:p
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  16. It applies to any infinite-last-trade villager is what bitemenow15 meant. So, short answer: yes.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  17. Alright, thank you :)
  18. AikarTime has malfunctioned.

ERROR

Rebooting 3... 2... 1...

Estimated time until 1.8: Soon
  19. I love when companies do that...

Hey, our new super cool product is coming out soon! Look out for it!

**8 Months Later**

Hey guys, this new product we announced 8 months ago is the electric toothbrush!

*Audience sighs*
  20. (tbh I would rather see DT)