1.8 is coming soon?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JonnyLong, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Right.

How does this process work?

What makes a 1.8 villager different?

Will 1.8 villagers be able to be created in 1.8, without needing a 1.7?
  2. Yes, very important. Really the only thing I'm concerned about.
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  3. Woo woo! So excited for slime blocks and bunnies! :p Thanks for working so hard on this, Aikar. :D
  4. Are the wastelands going to be reset the day of or within 1 or 2 weeks after updating to 1.8?

They're meant to be reset whenever EMC updates to a major Minecraft update, but because of how long the wait has been for 1.8, the wastelands are now refreshed every few months instead.

So, will the original reset schedule for after major MC update still apply?

If yes, then I bet there won't be a reset in June.
    If no, then the next reset will likely be in June which is possible after the update.
    ShelLuser and Gawadrolt like this.
  5. Some people are just focused on breaking the economy .-.
    ShelLuser and tuqueque like this.
  6. I wonder if the 1.8 update support name change?!?!!?
  7. It isn't really breaking the economy...

The other option is an emerald costing even more than a diamond. Inflation would be worse.
  8. No dont switch the enchanting sucks on 1.8 ;-;
  9. yes!!! (except i hate the enchanting) now there will be bunnies! :D :p
  10. Bunnies... helped to ruin the game.

With 1.7's new biomes which would have been better suited in the Minecraft: Story Mode game(a rpg), well done, we managed to stab the game in the back. We tore out the heart of the sandbox and threw in a new one.

Coloured wood planks? Would have expanded on the vision?

Coloured hardened clay? That killed the vision. They didn't need a new biome. I'd rather Hardened Clay be rare and only be found when clay is found rather than have this ugly new biome.

Mind you, it is a bit like the discovery of the new world. We found a canyon biome.

Bunnies? Mutton? I'd rather have rubies. Or some interesting new boss mobs.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. anvils will be cheaper only cost 1 level
  12. Surprised no one pointed out the making of giant Slime Block robots that can traipse through terrain...
    Chespinlover77 and ShelLuser like this.
  13. That was a pipe dream of mine.

I dreamed for ages of eastern plane travel, Gollark drew up plans for a plane dock on top of the Grepublican major skyscraper we had planned. We would have had services flying all the way over the Estonan Ocean to the Mesa biome where Gollark planned to build a town.

I however, was banned, and the GR along with the Gollark Act(planned to bring national airport construction in)went down together.
  14. i agree. with the underwater mob farms by the sounds it will allow for plenty of prismarine shards to go around instead of just the temples. though i do not know much on how they will work so i may just be talking to talk
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  15. Make it 3 weeks, my finals are done on May 14th and I don't want any distractions.;):p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  16. There is a tentative schedule for waste reset posted by Krysyyjane a short time ago but I would say there is a high probability that there will be a waste reset to bring in 1.8 features
  17. I hate bunnies: IRL and MC...
    Soo much: they live in my garden, digging it up, ruining everything, pooing, egh.
    kitten3101 likes this.
  18. incorrect, waste resets quarterly as well as any major version changes the quarterly is just to prevent stagnation when theres a long pause between versions
  19. Also, I'm guessing piston and potion flag will be coming? Piston for those flying machines and potion for the jump potion which will help cheaters on parcours.
  20. Finally!
    I need an Automatic Wheat Farm