1.8 is coming soon?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by JonnyLong, Apr 28, 2015.

1. I hope aikar dont get stuck in reboot loop. because this is soo intressting. :cool:
  2. I think the optimal time for 1.8's release is anytime before June, but if development takes longer than June 3rd, the wastelands' next tentative reset date, I believe the reset will be postponed until the update. That way, all of us would be able to very shortly start exploring new land under 1.8 terrain.:cool:

Plus, we've been waiting over half of a year for EMC to update. Most of us probably don't want to be waiting any longer.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. You make a good point with this, but it goes both ways. We have been waiting long enough that some of us won't mind/notice if it takes longer than quoted.
    ShelLuser and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  4. I would rather delay 1.8.

We aren't ready for it.

The tremors from 1.7 still stand. Ugly borders between biomes cut through the wilderness.
  5. That can't be fixed really, it would require massive code adjustments to new terrain generation, and existing ones wouldn't even be affected by it.
  6. Honestly, the only thing I am waiting for are the new slime block and piston mechanics! this would allow me to build some pretty awesome machines. ;)
    ShelLuser and Byeforeverthe2nd like this.
  7. Traynfreak, dont forget the extra different doors !
    karatekick2001 and Ultimamaxx like this.
  8. 2015-04-29_16.05.06.png
    I got the message too (in the middle of a pool party)!
  9. aw ya yes yes YES! Me been waiting ty aikar 4 hard work
    Byeforeverthe2nd likes this.
  10. Woo! Depth Strider III, here I come!
  11. What will determine the new borders for 1.8 terrain generation. Will it be based on the old rules of the live map where what ever chunks you loaded while running through the wild will be saved, or the new live map rules where you have to break a block or place a torch in each chunk (actually 2x2 chunk) for it to be saved.

Will undisturbed chunks that I have revealed be new chucks after the update?
  12. No chunks that have already been loaded will be re-loaded with 1.8 generation. It is based on the chunks having ever been loaded or not, regardless of block updates, and regardless of whether you can see them on the livemap. Also, livemap display mechanics will likely stay the same.
    Byeforeverthe2nd and DrewRadio like this.
  13. I don't get used to 1.8.4 that slabs seems to get invisible when you sit in minecart. It still create a scary moment
    kitten3101 likes this.
  14. I found this... unusual on my test world.