1.7 update overview

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Oh well, I think I'm already changing my mind about thatXD But I mainly think that the /summon and /give were so cool already, that anything other wasn't needed now. I think they could maybe better wait and use /tellraw for later updates, I mean
  2. I used /setblock on a bunch of command blocks to make a bridge spawn with fences and torches, it looks cool watching the blocks come out of no where. It dosen't really cause any lag, mabey unless you were to have multiple blocks go off at the same exact time.
  3. I have a important message for both mob farmers and the EMC staff:Minecraft 1.6.3, which was just released today contains an important bug fix for 1.7, and that issue is with the already generated structures, like witch huts and nether fortresses. If a player loads one of these structures in 1.6.3, it will become preserved and will continue to spawn the mobs that I usually does in 1.7.So, make sure to update the server to 1.6.3 at some point before updating to 1.7 and spread this information to other people.

Docm77's Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4dMRafB690
  4. Minecraft 1.6.3 helps 1.7?
    Wut?
  5. I canzot wate 2 get meh handz on moarz flowars :)
  6. Please oh please be bad spelling on purpose and me too :D
  7. As of right now, the game identifies structures by using the world's seed to generate a particular area where mobs can spawn (i.e witches/wither skeletons etc). Once 1.7 comes out, the seed and world generation will be different so these areas might be somewhere else or not appear at all.
    The 1.6.3 bugfix will change it so the data for these structures and where mobs spawn is saved into the world file, and not the seed, so it will carry over nicely.
    However, it is important to make sure that you reload the chunks the structures are contained in once you use 1.6.3, so the game can do this :)
    607, mba2012 and jacob5089 like this.
  8. Thanks for clearing that :)
    607 likes this.
  9. oh my....
    2013-09-19_18.29.43.png
    607, bloodra1n and jacob5089 like this.
  10. What? Wait. Why is the world upside down.edit: including you. Please tell how you did this:)
  11. Some "Super Secret" setting :cool:
  12. Also known as the new snapshot.
  13. And you have to click the "Super Secret Settings" button to get them.
    hence my previous post
  14. Lolz, the snapshot is not even on the minecraftwiki yet, and my wifi is to bad to watch a video about it...
  15. Does anyone know what the best(read that as fastest) option for mipmapping is? Mipmapping off or mipmap level 4?
  16. The weirdest thing happend when I generated a new world on the new snapshot...
    2013-09-23_19.55.51.png
    3 golden apples in 3 floating item frames?:confused:? I spawned on the island to the right and saw this mushroom biome with something floating above it and this was what I found. This was the seed that generated this: 1886830757984883646
    607 likes this.
  17. I didn't find those...
  18. Are they super gold apples? If so I hope they don't remove that bug, I shall go hunting for mushroom biomes!
  19. Super gold apples? i just call them Notch ApplesXD
  20. This is probably the most un-manly thing I have ever said, but my favorite thing in this update is the flowers :p
    TheMiniKins, 607, bloodra1n and 3 others like this.