1.7 update overview

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Aug 17, 2013.

1. My roses are going to be transmutated into red poppies by alien magic :D
  2. Moderator: Here, Player, a Valentine Rose to celebrate this special day! Consider this a token of EMC's friendship!
    Player: Oh, wow, thanks! This is a collector's item!
    Months Later... 1.7 comes out.
    Player: *Walks into distinguished EMC Items Room* NOOOOO! My beautiful rose has shriveled up into this tiny bud of hopelessness! Waaaaaaaahhhh!
    Moderator: Enjoying your Valentine Poppy? ;)
    Player: *Sniff* Is that was this junk is?
    Moderator: Yup! Oh, by the way, I have to ban you for an hour because of caps. Even something as terrible as this is no excuse for bad manners!
    Moderator: Consider this a token of EMC's concern for community happiness. :)

Ban Reason: Roses are red, poppies are too, both poppy and ban are from me to you!
    mba2012, Ark_Warrior1, 607 and 2 others like this.
  3. Lol valentine poppies! :D
  4. I added a bit to the post. :D
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  5. better a valentines poppy than a valentines poopy
  6. Well I always get pumpkins so I don't care :D
  7. Red sand? Seems legit. #13w39a
  8. I tried some possibilities out for myself; but so far I can't find a way to craft sand into Red Sand.
    The red sand possible occurs in the new 'Disco Mountains' as seen in this picture released by mojang.

*original picture*:

*highlighted picture*:

Also, on the picture of the snapshot, it seems like we're going to get special plants? blocks? For the so far called 'Disco Mountains'.
    On the left selected area it looks like a black/purplish block, maybe the dragonegg? It has the purple in it if you look very closely...
    On the right selected area it has the colors of redstone, or maybe a new red block/plant or mob!?

Maybe it is a spoiler for the long-waited red dragon? O:
    hashhog3000 and marknaaijer like this.
  9. Well, the first one does indeed look like a dragon egg, that's interesting... But that other ones is just Grum, he's hidden in every snapshot pic;)

Also, command block minecarts!:D great thing, imo
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  10. The actual name for a 'Disco Mountain' range is 'Mesa'. The name is even shown on the debug overlay (togglable with F3) when you're in the biome.
    607 likes this.
  11. Thats a dragon egg...
    bloodra1n likes this.
  12. Seriously, I am still waiting for a mob update in which they add tameable dragons and actual fish. Wouldn't that be AWESOME?
    I'm not saying that poppies are kinda cool, but I'd prefer dragons.
    hashhog3000, bloodra1n and cddm95ace like this.
  13. Add your own custom sounds to resource packs! Finally you can! :) I already tried it before 1.6, but it only made my game crash;)
  14. Witches spawn outside of witch huts. My witch farm is about to get a lot more hardcore.
  15. The last time I walked towards a witch hut, the witch fleed as she saw me coming. No joke, it happened :D
    607 likes this.
  16. 1.7.1 pre-release is here! :D When everything is going well 1.7 will come out at the end of the week.
  17. Oh wow, even more kind of logs and saplings! Acacia and Darkwood!
    607 likes this.
  18. Oh, goody. They may not look too different, but now I am going to have to make another "tree room" for my Museum. :p
    bloodra1n and 607 like this.