1.7 update overview

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by 607, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Hey guys, jeb posted some Lore thing and I would like to share with you something:
    Decoration blocks are now pink flowers. Oh and some dumb lore thing. BUT FLOWERS!!!111!!!

EDIT: Oh and by the looks of it, new trees in the background above the lava bucket.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  2. Hmm, those are probably for the new savannah biome! They are also adding dark forest (Monsters spawn even in the day because the trees are so thick!) and a birch forest. Also, there are new things available in fishing, including different fish, boots, name tags, and lily pads! 15 items total, but I don't know the whole list. :) It sounds really cool!

EDIT: Wiki just confirmed that the curved trees are for the savannah! :D
  3. Hmm.. if they add an official way to add lore were going to have to change how that works :/ Since we use lore to dictate special items... But could just do something simple like ensuring purple/simple text.
    607, mba2012 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  4. Idea time:Easy incantinuses.
    The current lore system might work if you needed a sponge anvil or something to add lores.
    EDIT:My autocorrect broke and replaced lore with Korea.Fixing now.
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  5. I just wish the /wild had the new biomes near its spawn D:
  6. Agreed. But it still has bodies of water near it that can be used for getting enchanted fishing rods or even pufferfish to brew water-breathing potions! :D
  7. Idk what this lore stuff is .. lol
  8. My suggestion is to disable bold if possible, and/or do something like you did with res messages. :)
  9. The snapshot is here!

Go trying it out and post your findings, people! (Oh, and hint: Fish)
  10. I just loaded up the snapshot and kshdgkjagljsdgk;l'ajgkl.
    I might go live in the wild ;-;
    This is so perfect and beautiful.
    Like.. sdjgk;jjafg;lk
    THE_LEGEND4, jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.
  11. Completely true! I checked it out with my friend and it was awesome. What biomes did you find?
  12. It's my understanding that it's being added as a feature to the /give command, so we need not worry about it here?
    :)
    I must admit that I have missed these snapshots, it'll be good to get back into them.
  13. So I used the seed Jcplugs cause obviously I have too much swag for any other seed
    I spawned in a forest and headed a little bit north and I found a flower forest.

Omg ;-; Im never leaving this thing
  14. Just a note: the snapshot does not have the new biomes in it, they want to test the 225 thousand lines of code for other things first (a bit more, but almost have of the game's code.)
    Yes, I know these things >.>
    I think they will change how often the flowers spawn, because it is COVERED in flowers...
  15. they tweeted saying it does, I def saw the dark forest myself
  16. If only there was a way to smoothly blend pre-1.7 and post-1.7 terrain.
    If only there was a way to smoothly replace one biome with a 1.7 biome, if that biome has not been built on.
    If only there was a way to update everything but player creations.
    If only....
    Alas, this is impossible*!
    UNACCEPTABLE!

*For now.
  17. I think they are adding new kinds of flowers too
  18. Not really true. The dark forests and savanna's are in the snapshot already, and all variations of forest, beaches and things too.
  19. Flower forest? Sounds like my kind of thing... also ice plains spikes sounds cool! Clownfish, puffers, and salmon, oh my! Let's see... tons of new biomes, tons of new flowers (roses are now poppies!) And gravel beaches are back! Remember the good old days when beaches were like that in Minecraft? Well, this'll cure anybody who misses those! Sounds like 1.7 is gonna be awesome!
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  20. I don't miss gravel beaches-I play pocket edition too(and it has gravel beaches)