Your noob moment?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ritunn, Jan 9, 2016.

?

Are still a noob?

Na I'm a pro now 14 vote(s) 42.4%
Maybe I am so what? 6 vote(s) 18.2%
DEAD BUSH! 5 vote(s) 15.2%
... 8 vote(s) 24.2%
  1. I have accidentally died in creative before.
    TsuriNeko, 607, TomvanWijnen and 2 others like this.
  2. The fact that almost none of you knows how to make a potion and I know all recipes by heart, kinda makes me sad. Yet again I use potions for everything so that makes sense.
    StoneSky and Rhythmically like this.
  3. Yeah then drown! XD
  4. I forgot potions even exist half the time.
    I mentioned this earlier, but I was in a mine shaft with no pickaxe. I had the materials to make a pickaxe, but I didn't have the crafting table. It took me 30 minutes to realize that mine shafts are made of wood.
  5. I was once frustrated that I could not pick up water with a wooden bowl. For several hours. That was also the last time I played Minecraft Singleplayer Survival.
  6. My noob moment: Trying to pick up water in a cauldron using a bucket. >_<
    And making dispensers using an arrow instead of a bow. -_-
  7. The first time I was playing minecraft, I was at Tomvanwijnen's home and tried to do things at his Computer. the next morning I logged in on an accound originaly owned by one of Tom's freinds I didn't know there was aome kind of minecraft-wiki and I didn't know "where my crafting table whould spawn" I thought that a crafting table whould spwan that day, because I did play at one of Tom's survivalmode-World the day before and I thought I was only able to craft things in a crafting table...
    (that's 6 or more years ago now...)
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  8. Well it's nice to know that even today where still nooby. With all of you forgetting things it reminds me that almost all of last year I got the fence gate and fence recipes mixed up.
  9. My biggest noob moment to date earned me a ban here on EMC, many moons ago. So sit back grab a small bowl of popcorn and enjoy the story!

A friend of mine brought me into Minecraft and she played here on EMC for a short bit and thought it was a lovely place to hang out. Recruiting me into the fold I also made the move to join the Empire this was shortly befoe the 1.3 update is my memory serves me correctly.

Now keep in mind I was 100% new to minecraft and was learning as I went along, and I mean everything. Now I was a fast learner and picked up everything pretty quick and with my creative background was making some pretty cool things, most of which are still out at this first city we called home. Now we were pretty close to spawn only 3000 blocks out and as smp9 got a little bigger, the greifers came. Day by Day little things would happen, glowstone would go missing here, there and some times everywhere. We learned fast what to place and what not too.

"Getting to the noob moment relax"

Now I was quite the lightning rod, it seemed no matter where i was I was getting hit with lighting but never saw it strike and cause a fire. We had this amazing pirate ship sitting in front of our castle in our bay parked at our docks, and like i said before the greifer were not entirely friendly. We logged on morning to see the ship was burned to s crisp, we were sad and angry, so we got on the horn and called for help from the staff. Now remember I was new, So I had no idea if wood, would in fact burn in and beside water. So I got out my trusty flint and steel and tested a few spots..... Bad Idea. This was seen and I got blamed for the burning of our ship. I was devastated, and went to work quickly defend myself with my reason for testing the fire and the main reason of why would i greif my own build!

TLDR: Me no know MC physics, earn self ban for greifing own build!
  10. I still don't get comparators.
    Rhythmically likes this.
  11. Yesterday I forgot how to make a crafting table.
    Mayoman100 and MustangLover25 like this.
  12. I have two actually. The first one is when I started on emc. I had only started minecraft in general about a month before I joined emc because I bought it for my son's birthday and he wanted me to play with him. Anyway, I had only played 1.8 and had no clue about the differences between 1.7 (which emc was at that time) and 1.8. I tried for at least an hour to make fences. I even asked in town chat multiple times how to make them and never got a response, so I figured there was some kind of glitch with my crafting table. Finally, I asked my neighbor Khixan (and even offered to pay lol) to make me some fences and she immediately did it. I still didn't realize the differences in recipes for at least a couple months. My second moment was also on emc during one of the first times I went mining in the wastelands. I was still new to minecraft and for some reason the idea of creepers made me really panicky in caves lol. So I was in a cave climbing up a really tall hole when a creeper fell right next to me on the ledge. It scared me so much I somehow managed to press Q and drop my (very first) diamond sword. The creeper then proceeded to blow up and the explosion took my sword along with it. So, I was then left in the cave with nothing to defend myself with.
    MustangLover25 and 607 like this.
  13. Every heart of fall damage I've taken in a UHC.
  14. i did that a couple months ago and I made like 10 stacks of fence gates :/
  15. Always something you want to avoid. Yet we all do it.
  16. That made me remember something painful:

I once wanted to craft iron blocks, but because I'm dumb and had crafted many many stacks of them already, I accidentally crafted 14 stacks of iron bars -_- lucky my inventory was already a bit filled, otherwise it could've been even more painful, but still, ouch.
    ArkWarrior1 and 607 like this.
  17. Would you think so? I think that if you don't have bow and arrow and your opponent does, it can be tactical to jump down for the final strike, if it's only a few blocks and you're on a mountain not easy to descend safer (and if you'd tried to, you'd get shot, obviously).
  18. You do want to avoid heavy fall damage. But small amounts shouldn't be game changer.