Your best memory of EMC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by generalfelino015, May 2, 2015.

1. Battle cat fight
  2. All of them.

That too. I was practically trembling with excitement when I got the offer. Luckygreenbird wasn't quite as excited . . .
  3. Including that time where we did that thing that we swore to never say by name?
  4. You said you would never mention it even in a vague reference . . .
  5. i wil pay u 3 rubee 2 PM me it on website111!11oneone!1!
  6. I'll pay him 4r NOT to.
  7. I was happy when i joined the Wiki team, but then i left. I was still happy after i left :)
    generalfelino015 likes this.
  8. I'll pay him 120 thousand. ;) rekt
  9. The day when the Batch of staff that was promoted along with Deathtomb8953. Pretty awesome staff at that time and did hell of a great job.
  10. and he didnt go inactive too, he loved his job :)
  11. In the short Time Ive been on EMC, Ive made many a Memory and friend, two of my Favorite are when I killed a Momentus with x7mx, and also, my 3rd FNM when I made the Hobo Hole and all the mods were in there for some reason
  12. Actually, I'll pay him 120k NOT to! Take that, BK!
  13. My favourite memory but not so favourite memory would be that I've seen my long term friends play then quit then play again sorta confusing I've been a lone wolf for a while now #FollowEquableHook624
  14. When I joined
    generalfelino015 and ShelLuser like this.
  15. You are my new hero.

I'll post me own favorite moment later when I have some time. :) I love this thread, though. So many great moments...
  16. My best memory... Wow that's a tough one. So many good ones and so many good bad ones. ( :p you'll figure out what that means in a second...)

I enjoyed playing with friend and community, making a mall, tearing down a mall, constructing extremely intricate farms, (even a diamond farm, PM me about that if you want to hear :p) as well as participating in multiple wild outposts. I had many fun adventures on EMC and have made a lot of friends through my two years of playtime here. Even now as Minecraft becomes less and less interesting to me, I still cherish those memories. Those are the good memories.

The bad good memories: specifically one. About a year and a half ago, I was banned (justly) for using an illegal hacking client. I used it to do simple little things like climb up walls and fly around town, an x-ray here or there. No harm intended. But it was still disregarding of the rules. So then I got perm banned.

Why the hell was this a "good bad memory" you ask? Because of the fact that it legitimately let me stop for a moment and contemplate my morals. Many say games have no real world benefit, because many don't for most people. By getting banned, I got a whole lot more mature. Getting banned helped enable me to do many different things that I would have continued life without had I not. I learned to see from different perspectives, I often know now how far to take things. I can tell when people are getting annoyed, I can tell when and where I have taken things over the lines in the past, and in the future as well. I used to be the stereotypical problem child who had a trillion mental disorders and got under everyone's skin. But getting banned from EMC in the manner that I did helped me move past that. I am proud to say I am no longer on any medications for my mental disorders, I keep them under control. Most of the time :p. Anyways, getting banned from EMC was in fact my best memory. It has helped me an almost infinite number of ways in real life, and I even made a few friends along he way. ;)
    ShelLuser and AmusedStew like this.
  17. My best memory? Meeting new people, There were a lot of people who helped me with my "Condition" So I enjoyed that a lot.
  18. That moment when you make your first mil then buy a ton of promos, then struggle to stay above 100k? That's my favorite moments. But in all seriousness, my favorite moment was actually joining the server for the first time. That feeling you get when you start something new and learn it over time, there's nothing like it.
  19. I was going to respond "I wish I could like your post twice", then I found out that I could...

This is a heavy subject for me, honest, one I don't take lightly because EMC means a whole lot to me. I don't do what I do because of what some players might think of me, I do what I do because I honestly, and sincerely, love this place.

I said A, I shall say B. Sorry for the dramatics; near the end of the weekend for me. Still, I have several moments to share, I hope you don't mind...

My most memorable moment..

This is hard and I know this could be picked up wrong but that never stopped me before...

I visit smp9 2 months after I joined (I confess: I looked it up) and somewhere in the morning I see someone spamming. Really annoyingly spamming. So I talk to the guy, even told up straight that I wasn't a moderator but that "it would still be advisable not to keep this up, even regular players like me have ways to take action". You hopefully know what kind of action I'm referring to, and if not.. we do ;)

Few moment later the guy leaves.

Please note: I don't take any credit here, that's stupid. It's not as if I made him leave. But with the right words and knowing your place... (and the knowledge that a staff member was online)....

The community mostly looks and corrects after itself and I honestly think this is one of the greatest features of EMC.

Winning the GSA award.

I do what I do because that is just me. Sometimes I can be crazy. I see a new player who seems really serious and all and I got a good gut feeling.. Why not dump some stuff on him.. I used to do that many times...

Ok, ok... I hope this is not too much disliked... I need this for context..

In the old days, and I hope you guys can forgive me for "venting back" like this, I was the 2nd in command of a town. I (probably) could have been mayor but I'm really at my best within boundaries. So when I did become mayor at one point I was all the more eager to step down.

Word of the wise: "more power" or "more options" may sound nice or cool, they also apply quite a few extra restrictions. In my example here; as not-being-mayor I had more freedom than the mayor would have had with regards of what I had planned. Also less options to run the town, sure, but...

So someone joined our town. I had been playing for 6 months here and gathered quite a bit of resources. This new player deserved... A goodie bag! I just grabbed stuff and dumped it right on him. Not something a mayor could have done without raising the expectation of bias. I could :D Also because I used my own resources. Teehee! :p For reasons I still don't understand the player decided to stay in our town :cool:

SO fast forwarding back to the awesomeness that is EMC...

I do what I do because I like doing it. Honestly you guys.. Talking a disappointed player ("I lost all my stuff!!!!! :(") through why EMC has a derelict policy and how he can get a new residence.. The moment when you notice feedback from: "/res list <player>"... (he got a new res. so he is going to be around a little more)...

To me, all of that combined, fed back into the GSA award. GSA, for me, was a confirmation that what I was doing was something people liked. Which was an awesome thing to learn you guys!

Being accepted as a member of the contribution team.

Yes, this is the reason for my comments above. If I now look ungrateful then please think again. This was the best thing ever happening to me on EMC, esp. after the period on my previous server (don't ask, I can't comment). But honestly guys.. No disrespect, but that moment when you help out your fellow players (or think you did, I cannot rule this out)... yah, priceless..

Even so... I know this may look odd but I promised up there that I was going to be honest. This doesn't mean that I value my contrib team membership less than the GSA award, but GSA was a more memorable occasion.

(yes guys.. when I wrote "wha?" on my profile I honestly went "wha?!!")

This meant a great deal to me, quite frankly more than the stuff I wrote above. But here's the reason why this ended up on #3 and not #1... I do what I do as a contrib member because I hope that my work can help you guys out. Why do you think I'm all too eager to re-read wiki pages when a player tells us in the help forum how they don't really get a certain topic? Why do you think I'm rewriting some pages more or less (not fully) because of the feedback from you guys? In fact, this is just what I did for some sections. First part done, second part coming next week. (sorry; not giving out details).

Being added to the contrib team IS a memorable moment for sure. But that moment when you get more or less direct feedback, either through means of someone leaving and others going "thank you" (it wasn't me!) or people openly telling you "I voted for you!".

With all due respect, no... with all due utmost respect.. That community feedback, to me, can never top an appointment. Even if that appointment did mean a great deal to me.

Sorry for the vent / essay but.. I really like your thread so this is an honest comment.
    generalfelino015 and boozle628 like this.
  20. My best and most favorite memory of EMC was when SMP8 was barely known to the community. A new member was VERY rare, and the same people got on everyday. Among those people were Seffychan, corruptedsmile, rdmaster, Ahex1021, Scharb, HurferDurfer1, FatAndyTheGreat, Luckygreenbird, BrenJone, Blackknight1021, DivNadd, redfire23, ruari342, Kephras, talukegord, funkyfalcon34, suicidsasquatch, neonkillah, kaja_the_pug, LadyJenova, DeathLands, anananubia, and other people I may have forgotten to mention.

Those people got on every single day, but by the end of 2013, the TopG thing got a lot of new players joining (SMP8 become more loud and nooby). Due to busier lives, most of the original/old SMP8'ers don't get on much anymore. I really liked how SMP8 was back then.

I remember having to block off my farm from visitors due to the fact that other people could trample my farmland and steal my crops. I also remember how animals could be stolen from you if someone moved the animals to their residence. I remember egging people's residences (I did it so much that this guy came up with the idea of the egg flag along with a group of other people).

Another great moment was when I got onto the Contribution Team. I didn't expect to get onto the team, but I did. My grammar wasn't even very good back then; I often typed sentence fragments and comma splices. :)

Winning the Community Appreciation Reward (among with other people ;)) was a great moment. I REALLY like to be helpful; being helpful and assisting others is one of my top priorities in life. I didn't expect to win the award at the time. :eek:

I have also changed a TON from the moment I joined to today. I wasn't very nice when I first joined. ;)
    khixan, BlackKnight1021 and ShelLuser like this.