When You Were a Noob...

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Ritunn, Apr 29, 2016.

1. I thought it did in PE.
  2. Yep! Sand and gravel can fly. So does Tnt. When you make the blocks "fall" they become subject to gravity and explosions. So they look like they are exploding with the tnts but actually are blown far away into the sky. Its funny to watch a "Sandstorm" lol
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. When I first started I thought sleeping in beds simply skipped through the night allowing you to get through without seeing mobs. I decided to sleep in a bed in the middle of the forest. I died. From then on I realized that beds don't make you temporarily invincible.
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  4. Magical stories indeed!
  5. Before I started playing Minecraft, I was very dubious about the pixelated graphics. I remember once watching my friend play MC:

Me: is that blood!?
    Friend: No that's redstone -_-

I didn't know what it was at the time, so yeah...

My friend had always been nagging me that I should play MC
    So I decided to "try MC to make my friend happy and never touch it again"...

And here I am :p
    Jelle68, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  6. When I was a goldie (ages ago)...
    I held a griefing party at my res, 10277 (which I no longer own).
    I did not take anything.
    Which is why I only have 1 promo reindeer after 2 Christmases on EMC.
    DufneIsANub likes this.
  7. When i was a nub when i did /promo, i instantly started using it
    DufneIsANub likes this.
  8. When I was a noob I marveled at the sight of my doorless, roofless house.
  9. Doorless and Roofless? Amazing, such a profound statement and unique build.
    Sansville likes this.
  10. My first time playing Minecraft, I didn't know how to do anything except mine. Night was coming, so I dug into the side of a nearby hill and cowered there for about 2 minutes. The zombies sounded close to me, and I was overcome with fear for some reason. I left the game and loaded up a new save after rewatching PaulSoaresJr's stuff :p

Oh, 2010, how I miss you...

By the time I'd joined EMC in 2012, I'd seen everything you could do in the game already, so I don't really have any 'noob' moments in that sense here.
    607, Hashhog and Shadow_Dcord like this.
  11. When I was new (I started on EMC) I've seen that water buckets are being sold in the shops, but I thought they are expensive, so I went to /wild and ran to the ocean and back when I needed water.

Eventually, I've discovered infinite water source and then
    I filled all the shops that were buying them with water buckets
    :)
    607, Khalietal and tuqueque like this.
  12. Not really newb times but EMC and servers in general used to have a very annoying glitch where passive mob farms would loose their stocks out of nowhere. I'd find my multicolored sheeps at 2 neighboors down and was pissed at him for a while thinking he found a way to lure them to his place. I found out later that they were "fence glitching" and it was nobodies fault.. yay! I had to tell my neighboor that I was sorry for my bad mood lol
  13. Really it was just a 8x4 wooden thing with a grass floor.
    Mob_Meal, Shadow_Dcord and Khalietal like this.
  14. Yep... we've all been there..
    Mob_Meal likes this.
  15. Well it's better than nothing.
  16. Ah... the good ol' days.

Here's my epic noob story that would make anyone cringe.

It was my first day on EMC... and it was also my first day playing Minecraft on the PC. I had just gotten the game, and I didn't have to play on those multiplayer servers anymore when Minecraft used to be free to play (this was a few years ago, they don't have that anymore). So I started off on res 1962 (I still have that res), setting up my farm shop. I didn't know much about owning a shop, and I thought I would make a lot of money by just selling food and farm supplies. Though, the only thing I really sold were eggs and bread at the time.
    As I begin to make my really small wheat farm behind my small "cube of a shop," a friendly player comes by to welcome me to the Empire. He taught me how to farm and how to use bone meal to make plants grow quickly. They were some pretty awesome tips for a noob like me, and I didn't know how I was going to repay him... but of course, he wasn't done being nice to the noobish me yet. He gave me 9 diamonds to start off with at the Empire. NINE DIAMONDS.
    Okay, so this is where the cringing begins. That same day, I go to the wild frontier (because there wasn't a wastelands back then) and I bring pretty much everything I had with me there, too. I was ready to explore... ready to venture out into the world of Minecraft! Though, it was night... and there was some deadly monsters out and about. Stupid ol' me, I go over to this one area where there's a small pond... and of course I try picking a fight with a creeper. Well, you know how that one ended, I blew up! I was scared at first, but I realized my stuff would still be there, I just needed to get it! So I trot on back to that same area (still night btw) and look for my NINE DIAMONDS that I brought with me. Except... I couldn't find them! They were no where to be found! I then saw there was this long hole that someone probably dug out, and the water was running down there... and I knew I died near that area. I quickly hop down, hoping to find my diamonds down there... but it was no use! I couldn't make it down the whole way without suffocating! As I climb back up, another creeper blows me up... and I ended my day by sitting in my residence all depressed and in agony.
    To this day I still can't forgive myself for what happened... I could have used those diamonds for so much! I could have made weapons, tools... even a diamond block! But because I was a foolish noob, I brought those nine shiny diamonds into the wild with me... and paid the price...

I still think about how this tragedy could have been prevented. If I had just put the diamonds in a chest, or not go into the wild at all, I could have prevented myself from losing those precious gems. And if I knew about water breathing potions, then that would have been helpful, as well!

This is my noob story... a very, very tragic noob story.

The end. :cool:
    DufneIsANub likes this.
  17. Well that was indeed quite epic. I might even give you a spot on my wall of great writer's of EMC. But of course there is a lesson to be learned from this... Creeper's actually blow up the items you drop too.
    Sweetie_Pea likes this.
  18. Forgot todo the tutorial. next login needed to ask how to get there. :oops: To get rupees etc. you know.
  19. When I was a noob, I went seven in-game days straight without dying even once. I got some iron ingots, a small hole in the ground which I call my base, and some resources.

Until I realized that I've been playing on peaceful mode.

Edit: Another thing,

I thought I could kill a skeleton and a creeper using my fists, and I thought dirt home and door is a good idea. XD