What Happened to Foxy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CaptainFoxy_, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Still don't get why it is "hacking" which it isn't. You are just getting mods on your minecraft. Nothing hacky about that at all.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  2. Modding to cheat is hacking. Well in my mind.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  3. I wish you luck in your appeal.
    You seem a nice person, and using those mods doesn't make you bad.
    You did the wrong thing for the right desicision.
  4. I want to clear up something for any players that happen to be reading this thread. Regardless of the reason, it is NEVER okay to break the EMC rules anywhere. Doing so on any Empire Minecraft platform, including but not limited to all listed media below, will result in punishment. Please don't break the rules ever. It's very simple. If you have a question about this, please do not heistiate to message me at pmcm.emc.gs
    • In-game
    • Site
    • Mumble
    • Irc
    • Events servers
    • Facebook
    • Google Plus
    • Steam
    • YouTube
  5. Meh. UHC is already a tainted event since the notorious cadenman2002 was caught. This doesn't change my opinion of you. :) Hope you'll be back soon.

Also, to help fully bring closure to this issue I'll ask a question...is the time you were caught the only time you've cheated at UHC or other EMC events? The answer is important to those who were flamed for posting suspicions at earlier UHC events.

Thanks
    We3_Nub, 607 and FoxyRavenger like this.
  6. Ever since the UHC golden apple was handed to me, I have been looking at other means of winning. For the last 2 weeks in UHC alone I was using these mods for my team. No, I haven't used them for any other purpose than UHC.
    We3_Nub and JesusPower2 like this.
  7. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed, but fair enough, you've admitted it. You've received your punishment like any other player in this situation would, and I think that's fair. You knew what would happen, and it's a bit silly, especially for a member of your age, but I'm sure you'll try and learn from this mistake.

I see a post earlier saying that once the next apple is out, you'd like the old UHC golden apple incinerated? Of course, your apple is currently on loan to my museum, but you're now banned so it can't really be recalled. Please PM Krysyy and I with exact details of what you'd like to do if you want to do something about the apple. Thanks.
    PhoenixAffinity, We3_Nub, 607 and 3 others like this.
  8. Just to be clear, there is no right decision to do a wrong thing. You may sympathize with them...but that doesnt make the decision right. it makes a bad decision sympathetic....but still wrong.
    We3_Nub, Pab10S, 607 and 4 others like this.
  9. That's your opinion though, isn't it?
    I don't share that opinion.
    We3_Nub and TBird1128 like this.
  10. Nope, it is a fact. There is no right way to do anything wrong.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I see what you are trying to say when you claim "I did this for my team, not for me", but it doesn't really make sense. By "helping" your team win, and making them proud, you are deriving personal enjoyment. So you are still doing this for yourself, as the end goal is still within you.
  11. Yeah, I enjoy my team winning. Personal enjoyment of making my friends happy. Sure I know that it was my personal intentions of using other means to win. There is nothing to hide me from saying that.
    We3_Nub and TotoStyle like this.
  12. I am disappoint.

The taking one for the team doesn't make it any better. You are around 4 years old; old players such as you are usually looked up to when new players join.

I see no excuse that is close to valid for you to use X-ray. You are an old member and I assumed you would know better.

Oh well, at least I have a reason for me losing every game, though it is not a valid one. :p
  13. I'm so sad Foxy. I wish it weren't so. But that is life. People make mistakes. I hope this settles in a way that makes the game better for everyone. Maybe you won't be the only one to learn from this.
  14. Yeah, I am sad at myself. I was stupid for using it.
    PhoenixAffinity and We3_Nub like this.
  15. So to make like, 4 friends and yourself happy you destroyed the personal enjoyment of the event for a few dozen others who were playing the game properly and without cheats? That's pretty low lol.

Not to pull a direct quote from the book of 'annoying things parents say', but I'm not angry at you; I'm just dissapointed. It takes a lot to admit your mistakes to a group of people who look up to you and have known for four years, so you have my respect for that. I'm not going to hold this against you, I just expected a player of your... 'caliber' would know better.

Anyway, I'm (probably) done flaming you. You've already gotten enough of that and there's almost certainly more on the way. I just wanted to say my point.

Also boy do competitive events bring out the worst of some people in the EMC community lol.
    We3_Nub, God_Of_Gods, mehtryx and 3 others like this.
  16. Well i didn't hang with you much. We did some mining and escape the scurvy plague. You have lasted five nights and it's time to close the curtains. Goodbye FoxyRavenger.
  17. I can't really respond... So, I will state that was my reason for them
    No... NO! Stop yourself right there, you don't understand that kills me about this. I don't want to leave, don't tell me I am.
  18. It's kind of forced upon a person to admit their mistakes once their caught. There is nothing admirable about that. Everything else you said, I agree with.
  19. I don't like the way you are putting this out there. "Yes, I cheated but I am really a good guy because I cheated to help other people." I don't buy it dude. It all sounds pretty but I'm not falling for it. You did it for you, period. Don't try to justify it. I understand it is tempting but you have to control yourself. X-ray is the worst cheat. Particularly on this server. You can find everything with that. You could easily become the richest player on the server with very little effort.

I would like to thank the staff that were able to detect what was going on. I previously played on another server where the amount of cheating , particularly x-ray, was common. It ruined the server for everyone else that wasn't cheating.
  20. How is it forced upon you? It's not like staff come to you and be like "make a thread about this or imma burn your house down." Foxy took it pretty humbly, and I think there is much to admire in that.
    He did it on the Sunday UHC server, presumably to find materials for weapons and armor, he didn't do it in the actual EMC to get rich.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.