What Happened to Foxy?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CaptainFoxy_, Apr 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. There's a reason the saying "You aren't sorry you did it. You're sorry you got caught." exists. However, you're entitled to your opinion just as much as I'm entitled to mine. So, to each their own.
  2. Aye to the opinions bit, but I think you should lighten your tone a bit. It's only a video game; ain't like he robbed a bank or something. Don't let's blow this out of proportion and make him seem like a bad person.
    FoxyRavenger, We3_Nub and TBird1128 like this.
  3. I agree with you. It's not like he robbed a bank. However, this is a game forum and this thread is about a specific situation that happened in the game. All I have done is give my opinion. I do not know him at all and even if I did, it isn't up to me to decide whether or not he's a good or bad person. Like I said before though, the obvious cheats he used are the only reason I quit attending the UHC events, which is why it affects me.
  4. I really don't want to sound like a butt, but that was when he got caught, right? Here's the bottom line. If your ethics are questionable enough to cheat in one situation what is stopping you from doing it in another situation. Why should I believe someone who cheats when they say that was the only time they did it. It's hard to. I play by the rules and put in the work. When someone else cheats it can diminish the game as a whole.
  5. Okay. Even though I don't like what Foxy did at all, I do trust him on his word. I do not believe he has used illegal mods on EMC, outside of UHC.
  6. Hey bro, you know my respect/friendship is/for you is high. I am disappointed in the fact that you were using X-Ray for an Event that from what I know benefits nothing but bragging-rights. I respect the fact that you came out about this, but that doesn't change the fact that you're banned for using illegal mods. I appreciate what you've done for the community and I hope you appeal and it's accepted.

-Fan
  7. Most people, even under that pressure, wouldn't admit to it to anyone but staff. I doubt everyone here would make a thread acknowledging their mistakes and apologising for them - even if he is doing it for brownie points.
    FoxyRavenger, 607 and kaptrix like this.
  8. I honestly have not known him a lot, but the only times I have talked to or seen him was when he exploded my speed 131 horse...
    I do feel bad for him, and I do believe him, regardless of how I have encountered him before. I feel like he should be given another chance (That is, if he did not use the mods on EMC)
  9. You know that was a accident and I went a little mad during that event hehe. My chance has yet to be decided thanks for caring.
    We3_Nub and HitDaQuan like this.
  10. I want to address Foxy himself,
    When I joined EMC, my 3rd day I think, I was in Friday Night Miners (Midnight Miners), and although it was a temporary ban, I did not make any attempt to apologize to the person that I griefed. I took an ender chest that was not rightfully mine, and although i did attempt to return it, i did not apologize. I think it's commendable that you have apologized and i really know your a good player. I too get greedy, frustration builds up in me to, but I keep on playing, I work to get better at minecraft. Foxy, because I know you are a good person, and although others may question your mistakes, I really do hope that you make it back onto EMC.
    -Yours Pup

P.S- I believe everyone deserves a second chance, no matter what they do, even though this builds grudges, I hope we can forgive eachother for the mistakes that we ALL make.c

P.S...(2)- That sounded really really Cheesy...
  11. Sad to see you go, But hey at least you beat a record of getting banned 2 times in a month:p
  12. Damn Foxy.. Of everyone out there, it had to be you? A little sad to see you do something like this, but we learn from our mistakes..
    FoxyRavenger and We3_Nub like this.
  13. I have always heard something about you potentially hacking at UHC, But the one thing I did, was not believe it. I guess now I have too, Really didn't think you were the type of person to break rules. I don't feel sad that you are banned as you brought it about yourself, and it is your own fault. Good luck in your future especially if you get back on EMC.
  14. I'm sorry Foxy, but cheating is cheating.

Think of it this way: A guy wants his friend's C.o.D. Team to win the match, but he ended up on the opposite team as them. He then gets in a party with his friends to voice chat and tells them where all his teammates are. His friend's team wins a whopping 100-12. Not cool.

From what I gather, that's essentially what you've done. Don't get me wrong, you have a great personality, but I can't forgive cheaters easily. If they reject your appeal, then just serve your penance. If not, then be prepared to walk on thin ice for a lil while. Nonetheless, I don't think we'll have a mangled Foxy creeping around. Good luck Matey.
    FoxyRavenger likes this.
  15. Tbh, I am not very disappointed because I too understand how this happens, and have actually done it before as well(not in UHC, different circumstances). Luckily, I was given mercy but I am still mindful of the moment where I almost lost one of my favourite communities because I was greedy.

I am glad you made this thread Foxy. I think it goes a long way telling people why you do the things you do. Just like me, I hope you get your appeal.
    We3_Nub, FoxyRavenger and TBird1128 like this.
  16. Don't get me wrong. I don't mean to sound rude or something. I've played some other PvP game and I can understand the rage of losing to an unfair match. Nevertheless, I kinda know Foxy. He's not one of those type of players I despise. But I believe Foxy should be forgiven based on the fact that he knew his mistake and apologised in public. I'm sure he won't do it again. I'm sure he deserves a second chance at playing with us again (not cheating for the second time, of course).
  17. There is no one more bold enough to admit to their mistakes, and that's you Foxy.
    I like how you show how you feel in this thread, and I respect it a ton. :)
  18. I think the point that people are making about how publicly admitting this isn't some heroic/admirable act is 100% valid. This kind of activity is not new in any form and it doesn't help anyone determine if the banned player is good at heart or not. An example of this would be the PThagaard incident. The unfortunate truth is that people who publicly admit their wrongdoing seem more likely to be unbanned than people who don't.

Also, the way it is forced upon you is that all bans are public knowledge. If you are a player that is held in high status by many players, whatever happens to you travels like wildfire. By not acknowledging the ban, Foxy would be essentially sinking his own ship even he were to be unbanned. His reputation would be tarnished and people would be far less likely to trust him in the future. If a popular banned player is banned, they are practically forced to admit it and play kiss@$$ not because of any rules or because of the staff, but because of how communities work in general.
  19. Foxy, we've had good fights. I've been a victim of your "hacks". Whatever happens, best of luck in life, and if you are able to come back, hopefully this is a learning experience for you.
    We3_Nub likes this.
  20. Foxy, at least you admitted to your actions and regret what you did. I am proud of you for that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.