Wastelands Reset [COMPLETE]

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 16, 2014.

1. Great, new clean land! I like the idea of monthly-ish resets, as long as there is some notice.
  2. If we are in the waste when the reset occurs, will anything happen to us, such as death, burning to a crisp, suffocatng, etc. :D
  3. You are teleported back to spawn
    607 likes this.
  4. You are teleported to town ;)
  5. Reset has been postponed as something is not behaving right. SMP1 has a the Wastelands Wild reset but the outpost is deformed....

Going to postpone everything else until we can figure out what is going on.
  6. postponed is one word
  7. Note; SMP1 is still not ready to build in, We will reset without further "notice" as soon as the issue is fixed.

Consider it as hard deadline met. We will reset SMP1 and all servers as soon as the issue is resolved, without extra notice.
  8. sounds good, will you post here once it's all good and running fine?
    Ark_Warrior1 likes this.
  9. Yea! I was thinking i'd miss the exiting adventure of uncharted wasteland due to work. Now I'll be able to make it (if the issues is not resolved in the next 2 hrs). :p
  10. Yea 2 more hours for me also. I'm kinda hoping the bug holds out till then
  11. Sad that there is a bug. Cant wait for those fresh resources.
  12. Well smp1 has fresh resources atm... So feel free to get stuff from SMP1 atm but I stress again - DO NOT put stuff in a chest!
  13. But it will likely be tomorrow night or monday - got a long day tomorrow so gotta sleep soon, and will be gone all day tomorrow...
  14. Aikar sleeps?!?! xD
  15. You should of seen me running around the house playing with the pets a minute ago.... I felt like I was on a 5 hour but I hadnt had one! Being off stimulants and sleeping normal is doing wonders for energy =P
  16. Why not expand the protection zones a little bit so I don't fall to my death once i step off those white stairs. There were always those unsightly holes all over the place once you step off those stairs. :(
  17. Or place a bedrock pathway a short distance out?

Or both would probably be better. You'll actually have the same issue, just further out if you extend the protected area.

That;s the thing about wastelands, kinda at your own risk. They could make a 'rule' that you can't tear up the landscape so many blocks out. Then they'd have to enforce the rule, which they don't have time to do. Then people would complain more. It's just a vicious cycle.
  18. so its not done on smp9 yet ?
  19. I think they started with SMP1, ran into issues, and stopped.
    I don't think any other SMP has been reset yet, and SMP1 will also be reset when they finally are.
    607 and BTHarrold98 like this.
  20. That explaines at least why smp5 still looke4d the same.
    Ark_Warrior1 likes this.