Wastelands Reset [COMPLETE]

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, May 16, 2014.

1. When do they reset?
  2. Sometime day or tomorrow.
  3. When the have replaced the panic button for the reset button. :D
    Mr_Zulus likes this.
  4. PRA would be nice them areas have been hit rather hard
  5. Not too sure what did it, but somethings changed with WorldEdit and our PRA backups are no longer being restored.... So restoring the PRA is causing completely new world gen to be put in place instead :/ You'll notice some like smp7 have had some resets and goes from Desert to Extreme Hills immediately... quite weird.

So, I'm torn on how to handle that :/ I guess the community is just going to need to rebuild the frontier spawns with non sand.
  6. And now the good news - found the issue. We use a plugin called AsyncWorldEdit to make WorldEdit not lag the server, and that is our culprit.

We will be resetting some time tonight around 11:30-midnight EDT - whenever I feel the servers have gotten to a lower population, as we have to reboot the servers to temporarily remove the plugin (Disabling it doesn't work)

Please do not enter the wastelands until we give an all clear... someone lost a horse last night cause they rushed in :/
  7. At least it was just a horse. Thanks for finding the bug I'm excited about reset.
  8. All wastelands are reset now but the signs ended up blank... We will manually repair them over the days, but you can always use /waste nw to go to north west for example.
    cadgamer101, epic0258 and nick5013 like this.
  9. I was just in the wastelands in SMP6 and it game me a message stating that the wastelands will be reset around midnight because it was only 11:30 in my time zone I am guessing..? :confused:
  10. waste has been reset im not sure why we are still get messages
    607 and NZScruffy like this.
  11. Any chance there could be a little more notice next time, like say a week instead of a day? I was out of down this weekend and came home to see this already done; luckily I only lost an ender chest and easily replaceable mining supplies, but still, a day is not much warning for people to clear their stuff out.
    BTHarrold98 likes this.
  12. I found a bug :p
  13. there was three days notice and then the reset was delayed an extra day. also WASTELANDS WILL BE RESET WITHOUT WARNING.
    B4DMAN5IMON likes this.
  14. The main issue is that we can not give an expectation of week long warnings.

Wastelands will always reset IMMEDIATELY upon a major version update, and those can be 'decided' upon with less than a days expectation, as it is always my goal to get us updated as soon as I feel its stable, but bugs can always be found last moment so we never know when exactly we will update.

It's the political rule of the Wastelands that it CAN reset with 0 warning, so players are asked to not store stuff there.

If you do, you are taking a risk. It is up to you how much your willing to risk storing stuff there.

I encourage anyone who is going on vacation to remove any stored items from chest first. Place them in ender/your inventory and take them to town.
  15. If its the signs, did post it already :) But we found out our WorldEdit was out of date is why signs were blank. working to restore them.

And sorry about the messages... was late and forgot to turn them off but krysyy got them last night.
  16. Ha ha that's the one. I didn't see the message. :p
  17. Did they fix the issue when you die and get spawned in a random biome far away from the Safe Zones in the wastelands?
  18. Is the nether not reset on smp5 ? or other servers. it looks still pretty as the old one.
  19. Yeah it is I was mining quartz there