Useful Tool: EMC Shopkeeper

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussion' started by shavingfoam, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Version 0.2.0 released. Changes include:
    • Added ability to group transactions by player.
    • Added ability to sort and filter the items table.
    players-table-filter.png players-table.png
  2. Nice! It's coming along well.
    mba2012, jkjkjk182 and shavingfoam like this.
  3. Thanks. Next, I want to add the ability to create multiple profiles. This is useful if you have one or more alts and want to track their shop transactions as well. This feature is already there, it's just not part of the UI.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  4. Even though I personally dont have an actual shop, I use this to see how much I actually spend at other's shops lol.

And for multiple profiles couldnt you just enter login info for your other acct instead?
  5. Hmm, that's not supposed to work. EMC Shopkeeper only looks at shop transactions from your shop. It ignores all the rest (such as buying from other players' shops and rupee bonuses). The way it does this is it looks at the text in the "Description" column. If the description matches a certain format, then it is considered a shop transaction.

You could. If you do this, then the transactions from both accounts will be added to the same database. So, when you do a search, there is no way of knowing what account a transaction is from. Some people might be fine with this, but I would imagine that others would want to keep their accounts separate.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  6. Oh i didnt know that i have been looking at what people have just bought from me over time lol.
    margaritte and 607 like this.
  7. I will have to look at this. It is possible that the description for buying from another player's shop matches the description of someone buying/selling from your shop.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  8. How do I get this on mac? I really want it! :)
  9. It's supported on Window, Mac, and Linux (it uses Java, so it's cross-platform compatible). To run it, click here.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  10. Transaction descriptions are different, so EMC Shopkeeper should not pick up those transactions, only your own shop transactions.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  11. The suspense of waiting for an update in this is like waiting for an update in minecraft. :)
    thestar19 and 607 like this.
  12. Can you script a program which shows one's most liked posts? I wish to bask in the glory I've generated in the past.
    Jeanzl2000 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  13. Whoa, aparently I made 123k selling beacons!
  14. How do I delete ALL of it's data, So I can log into my emc account again.
  15. I'm glad you like it. I am working on another update now. I'm not sure if I'll have the time this weekend to add the ability to switch profiles, but the next version will contain some other additions.

Hmm, I don't think it would be too hard. This page appears to list all the "likes" you've ever received, so it would just be a matter of scraping the data out of these pages and tallying the "likes" up (similar to the way in which rupee transactions are scraped).

To wipe your local rupee transaction database, simply go to "Tools > Reset Database". However, there is currently no user-friendly way to delete your login information (which is saved if you clicked the "Remember Me" checkbox on login). This is one feature I am adding to the next version.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  16. Go to your C drive and search Shop Keeper and delete the folder.
  17. Yes, you can also manually delete the folder that EMC Shopkeeper stores the database files in. This will delete your session data as well as your downloaded transactions. The name of the folder is ".emc-shopkeeper", and it is stored inside of your home directory. For example, on Windows 7, it would be located at: "C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\.emc-shopkeeper". If you do this, make sure that you first exit EMC Shopkeeper if it is running.
    NZScruffy likes this.
  18. Version 0.3.1 released (I made a quick fix to version 0.3.0 right after I released it). Changes include:
    • Added the ability to treat manual payment transactions ("/r pay") as shop transactions.
    • Added the ability to clear the saved login session ("Tools > Clear Saved Session").
    • Added a place-holder image for when a player's profile portrait cannot be downloaded.
    • Fixed a bug where certain player profile portraits were not being downloaded correctly.
    • Fixed a bug where a player's "first seen" date was not being calculated correctly.
    • Fixed dialog boxes so they are centered better on the screen.
    payment-transactions.png
    607, AlexChance, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  19. I keep getting this:
    Do you know how to fix it?